Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657506)

Tiger Nov 16 2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6519422)
having an issue on a few accounts i can accept the my requests but when go to return them i get a tiny tiny window that i can just barely see the send button .... cleared memcache, browser up to date, cookies and pop up allowed, activity panel cleared, is there a fix for this or do i just have to wait it out and it will fix eventually

Hi JNelson,

Is this happening in all browsers you have tried?
If you had multiple windows open then the sizes of the Send window can vary.

When the Send box opens, you can usually mouseover the edges of that box and a double ended arrow will appear which you can click on to drag the window to open up to a bigger size. See if it will let you do that.

JNelson Nov 16 2022 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6519446)
Hi JNelson,

Is this happening in all browsers you have tried?
If you had multiple windows open then the sizes of the Send window can vary.

When the Send box opens, you can usually mouseover the edges of that box and a double ended arrow will appear which you can click on to drag the window to open up to a bigger size. See if it will let you do that.

so far mostly happening on Brave ,,, it will not let me expand, when it first pops up it actually 'travels' to the left a bit .... i do have more than one account on that browser but i do not use the switch tool, i always fully log out

the window is very small , its a square just a little bit larger than a quarter ....

Tiger Nov 16 2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6519450)
so far mostly happening on Brave ,,, it will not let me expand, when it first pops up it actually 'travels' to the left a bit .... i do have more than one account on that browser but i do not use the switch tool, i always fully log out

the window is very small , its a square just a little bit larger than a quarter ....

Hi JNelson,

If it won't let you expand the window then that might be something specific to Brave. All you can really do is carry on keeping an eye on any future updates for it and see if it will correct. If it's impossible to use as it is right now then all we can suggest is trying another browser to send gifts in the meantime.

kevat508 Nov 17 2022 05:42 PM

Why when accepting gifts lately do i have to accept them one at a time to get most of them. When i do accept all i never get them?

marymarcel Nov 17 2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevat508 (Post 6519558)
Why when accepting gifts lately do i have to accept them one at a time to get most of them. When i do accept all i never get them?

Hi kevat :)

I just checked 2 of your accounts and do not see anything in your gift box.

I dont have any problems accepting gifts individually or all, they go to my gift box correctly.

You can try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm in all windows you have it open.
Then reload your farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If you have more problems, then dont store them from your gift box and let us know how many you accepted through your My Requests.

kevat508 Nov 17 2022 06:17 PM

Right I will do Mary. Thank you once again.

kevat508 Nov 18 2022 05:40 PM

Just to let you know accepted half of todays gifts one by one. The other half using the accept all. Received all except 2 which were part of multiple gifts. I didn't alter anything. It was running as it was yesterday nothing "cleaned" just the same spec's. I expect to lose some that are part of multiple gifts.

Taz D Nov 18 2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevat508 (Post 6519674)
Just to let you know accepted half of todays gifts one by one. The other half using the accept all. Received all except 2 which were part of multiple gifts. I didn't alter anything. It was running as it was yesterday nothing "cleaned" just the same spec's. I expect to lose some that are part of multiple gifts.

Hi Kevat,
Yes not all those multiple gifts will come through. As that is not how the game is supposed to work there is nothing the developers can do about those.

kevat508 Nov 19 2022 01:43 AM

I wasn't bothered about the multiple gifts Mary had told me about that. It was all the single gifts sent to me that disappear. But as that seems to have resolved itself I will just put it down to another one of the quirks of the game.

linda2gardner@gmail.com Nov 19 2022 09:53 AM

Cannot clear My Requests

I have 50 plus requests in MY REQUESTS every day. I have tried "ignore" for each request, I have cleared my Google Chrome Cache, I have cleared my browser cache, I have cleared my Cookies, I have cleared my FarmTown "in game" cache.....HELP! How do I fix this?

Taz D Nov 19 2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda2gardner@gmail.com (Post 6519762)
I have 50 plus requests in MY REQUESTS every day. I have tried "ignore" for each request, I have cleared my Google Chrome Cache, I have cleared my browser cache, I have cleared my Cookies, I have cleared my FarmTown "in game" cache.....HELP! How do I fix this?

Hi Linda2gardner,
I moved your post to the thread about gifts.
It looks as you have stuck gifts in your My Requests tab, then please click on this link and see if those gifts are showing up, take in mind that page can only show you up to 100 at a time: Facebook Games Activity

If those gifts were stuck gifts meaning they had already been accepted but had not cleared, then accepting them even in the games/activity will not give them to you again in the gift box. It is better to delete them one by one. You will have to clear them out of that section by clicking the X instead of Accept to clear them all out.

About your other problem getting the token error, please be sure your browser and computer are up to date.
Close everything and restart your computer. See if that problems was fixed.
If not, then be sure that 3er party cookies are still allowed in your browser. You have instructions in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

linda2gardner@gmail.com Nov 20 2022 11:35 AM

Stuck Gifts in My Requests Tab

I posted about this problem yesterday and was given this "solution":
"If those gifts were stuck gifts meaning they had already been accepted but had not cleared, then accepting them even in the games/activity will not give them to you again in the gift box. It is better to delete them one by one. You will have to clear them out of that section by clicking the X instead of Accept to clear them all out."
ALL my gifts are "stuck". I have to go to the Facebook Games Activity link EVERY time to "X instead of Accept to clear them all out."
Isn't there anything automatic that will clear them? Why is this function broken and when will it be fixed?

Taz D Nov 20 2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda2gardner@gmail.com (Post 6519862)
I posted about this problem yesterday and was given this "solution":
"If those gifts were stuck gifts meaning they had already been accepted but had not cleared, then accepting them even in the games/activity will not give them to you again in the gift box. It is better to delete them one by one. You will have to clear them out of that section by clicking the X instead of Accept to clear them all out."
ALL my gifts are "stuck". I have to go to the Facebook Games Activity link EVERY time to "X instead of Accept to clear them all out."
Isn't there anything automatic that will clear them? Why is this function broken and when will it be fixed?

Hi Linda2gardner,
I am sorry but there isn't any thing automatic to do this. Normally gifts are removed from the My Requests when you accept them. However when they get stuck there and continue to show in My Requests then the only way to remove them and get to the new or previous gifts is to follow the instructions given.
This is a problem with data transfer between Facebook and Farm Town that occurs intermitently and randomly. As it does not happen all the time then there is no way for the developers to find the exact problem and get it solved.

Qivis Nov 25 2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6519866)
Hi Linda2gardner,
I am sorry but there isn't any thing automatic to do this. Normally gifts are removed from the My Requests when you accept them. However when they get stuck there and continue to show in My Requests then the only way to remove them and get to the new or previous gifts is to follow the instructions given.
This is a problem with data transfer between Facebook and Farm Town that occurs intermitently and randomly. As it does not happen all the time then there is no way for the developers to find the exact problem and get it solved.

This is not the only person having a problem. I have cleared the memcache several times, the Game Activity items, and cleared the memcache again and still get no gifts in the gift box even though the names of my friends who have sent the gifts are different from the ones I have accepted. The fixes are obviously not working since this has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now. If I were in the UK I would say this has been going on for a fortnight, but we Americans don't usually use the term. :D

Taz D Nov 25 2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6520230)
This is not the only person having a problem. I have cleared the memcache several times, the Game Activity items, and cleared the memcache again and still get no gifts in the gift box even though the names of my friends who have sent the gifts are different from the ones I have accepted. The fixes are obviously not working since this has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now. If I were in the UK I would say this has been going on for a fortnight, but we Americans don't usually use the term. :D

Hi Qivis,
There is nothing that Slashkey can do about this. It is a transfer issue with Facebook. Gifts come through Facebook and they have to transfer the data to the game. Being random and intermitent it is very difficult for Slashkey to troubleshoot and find the issue.

As you say they are from different people, then you may have to accept them in the Games Activity first to see if they will get to your Gift Box.

Qivis Nov 25 2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6520238)
Hi Qivis,
There is nothing that Slashkey can do about this. It is a transfer issue with Facebook. Gifts come through Facebook and they have to transfer the data to the game. Being random and intermitent it is very difficult for Slashkey to troubleshoot and find the issue.

As you say they are from different people, then you may have to accept them in the Games Activity first to see if they will get to your Gift Box.

Ya. I figured as much since it is so random. It is making it difficult to not run out of certain ingredients, but not impossible.

JW2009 Nov 28 2022 11:56 AM

A.K.A. I'm one of those farmers who CAN'T send out gifts or train boost
my farm link...
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/

Taz D Nov 28 2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 6520618)
A.K.A. I'm one of those farmers who CAN'T send out gifts or train boost

Hi JW,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts. Please do not post in the Suggestions section unless you have a suggestion to change the game.
The farm link you listed is just the generic link and will only take a person to their own farms.

Make sure your browser and computer system are up to date.
Also make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed by the following instructions:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

One thing else that can keep the lists from showing is if you have too many friends who play or played Farm Town. Facebook has limited how many friends names they will send. If you have more than that then the list doesn't show. We do not know what their limit is. The only thing you can do is remove those who no longer play and see if the list will show.

If this has been going on a long time it may be the problem caused by Facebook for some to not be able to get the lists. They have not fixed this as far as we know.

Keef Nov 29 2022 10:59 PM

Hiya Mods
just wondering if they are ever going to fix the sending out boosting train requests for my trains and being able to send gifts from my gift page, it has now been 17 months that I have not been able to do either of these tasks, it is now hindering my ability to finish some of the farm pass goals involving these tasks

Taz D Nov 29 2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6520734)
Hiya Mods
just wondering if they are ever going to fix the sending out boosting train requests for my trains and being able to send gifts from my gift page, it has now been 17 months that I have not been able to do either of these tasks, it is now hindering my ability to finish some of the farm pass goals involving these tasks

Hi Keef,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.

As this has been going on a long time it is the problem caused by Facebook for some to not be able to get the lists. They have not fixed this as far as we know.There is nothing the developers can do to fix this.

One thing else that can keep the lists from showing is if you have too many friends who play or played Farm Town. Facebook has limited how many friends names they will send. If you have more than that then the list doesn't show. We do not know what their limit is. The only thing you can do is remove those who no longer play and see if the list will show.

Keef Nov 29 2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6520738)
Hi Keef,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.

As this has been going on a long time it is the problem caused by Facebook for some to not be able to get the lists. They have not fixed this as far as we know.There is nothing the developers can do to fix this.

it would be nice if FB actually responds to people that send in bugs, previously you have told me that you get a case number, I have sent in over 100 messages to support and have not recieved one message back which is frustrating, it is obvious that FB does not care, but will take your $$$, i had an issue a while back where someone was making adds and FB took the $$$ from my paypal account, took over 6 months to sort it out and allow me to use my paypal to buy FC, within 3 days of that happening, another add was made and i got billed again, this time they didn't even respond to Paypal's complaint

I keep removing non players that have not played in a while, all my current players have played in the last week or so.

Taz D Nov 29 2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6520742)
it would be nice if FB actually responds to people that send in bugs, previously you have told me that you get a case number, I have sent in over 100 messages to support and have not recieved one message back which is frustrating, it is obvious that FB does not care, but will take your $$$, i had an issue a while back where someone was making adds and FB took the $$$ from my paypal account, took over 6 months to sort it out and allow me to use my paypal to buy FC, within 3 days of that happening, another add was made and i got billed again, this time they didn't even respond to Paypal's complaint

I keep removing non players that have not played in a while, all my current players have played in the last week or so.

Hi Keef,
I am sorry. I wish there was something that the developers could do for this, but gifts and train boosts go through Facebook. The only thing I can suggest is if you have additional friends who play that are not your neighbors you may need to remove some of those to try to get under Facebooks limit.

As far as them directly responding I can't say they have ever responded to any thing I have sent in either.

JuliesNotGoofy Dec 12 2022 05:26 AM

Temporarily Blocked Message

"You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know."

I was getting trees from "gift site name removed" yesterday and then I started getting this message. I’m playing too fast?! Ok, I’m letting you know. Trust me, it’s a royal pain to even have to use those sites. I’d rather be buying them from the FT store. I’m still able to do everything on my farm but that message pops up every time I go to a different screen. We all know how often we do that when working our farms. I’ve played this game since 2009 and this is so frustrating.

Please tell me what all this means and how long “temporarily” is going to last. What should I do differently next time?

Thank you in advance for your help. I missed this game so much during the shutdown but this is what I have come back to?

Walter Hampson Dec 12 2022 06:57 AM

Gifts not clearing from gift screen, Unable to send gifts

Since last update I have not been able to clear my gift screen - they are marked as accepted but do not clear. Same applies to trains, I am unable to send gifts to my neighbours as the my neighbours screen does not load.

Your advice is welcome

marymarcel Dec 12 2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy (Post 6522758)
"You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know."

I was getting trees from "gift site name removed" yesterday and then I started getting this message. I’m playing too fast?! Ok, I’m letting you know. Trust me, it’s a royal pain to even have to use those sites. I’d rather be buying them from the FT store. I’m still able to do everything on my farm but that message pops up every time I go to a different screen. We all know how often we do that when working our farms. I’ve played this game since 2009 and this is so frustrating.

Please tell me what all this means and how long “temporarily” is going to last. What should I do differently next time?

Thank you in advance for your help. I missed this game so much during the shutdown but this is what I have come back to?

Hi JuliesNotGoofy :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifting.

The message you are receiving is from Facebook not the game. If you are getting lot of trees in a short time then Facebook may consider you are going to fast and then they block you for some time.
We do not know how much time you will be blocked as it depends on Facebook.

Those gift sites are not supported by Slashkey so there is nothing we can do about that. Maybe you could contact that site administrators to let them know.

marymarcel Dec 12 2022 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Hampson (Post 6522770)
Since last update I have not been able to clear my gift screen - they are marked as accepted but do not clear. Same applies to trains, I am unable to send gifts to my neighbours as the my neighbours screen does not load.

Your advice is welcome

Hi Walter Hampson :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

It looks that you have stuck gifts in your My Requests tab, please click on this link and see if those gifts are showing up. Facebook Games Activity

If those gifts were stuck gifts meaning they had already been accepted but had not cleared, then accepting them even in the games/activity will not give them to you again in the gift box.

It is better to delete them one by one. You will have to clear them out of that section by clicking the X instead of Accept to clear them all out. Take in mind that page can only show you up to 100 gifts at a time, so if you have more you have to continue deleting them.

Please visit the following link to know how to work through the Activity page:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950

About sending gifs and trains boost requests:

If the friends list is not loading, then it could be due you have too many friends in that list.
It is better for you to check if all of them are still playing the game.

You can do that by clicking in your My Neighbors tab and then:

Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"

Then look at the dates showing in each of your friends boxes and if they have not played in a time, you can remove them as neighbors if they have a blue background and/or facebook friends.

If you want to remove someone from being your friend on Facebook: go to their farm FIRST and make sure you remove yourself as being their Neighbour and Buddy, then remove them as your Neighbour before you remove the friend connection. Full instructions, if you need them, are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...06#post3646106

Ky1960 Dec 12 2022 08:32 PM

Posted a month ago. No help or suggestions? Usually very quick replies.

Taz D Dec 12 2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ky1960 (Post 6522870)
Posted a month ago. No help or suggestions? Usually very quick replies.

Hi Ky1960,
You were answered in the very next post after yours.
Here is a link to that answer:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1161

LisaScobee Dec 15 2022 06:54 PM

Gifts not sending. It looks like it's going to then it just hangs.

penguin66 Dec 15 2022 07:07 PM

I'm getting an error message when trying to select the "farmer lists" button when I am trying to send gifts. The error message is ""10208827987489652" does not resolve to a valid user ID". I sent 50 gifts less than 5 minutes earlier. Is this related to the bug from this morning?

VondaK Dec 15 2022 07:20 PM

Help, please problem returning gifts. Accept, click to return - stops - won't complete.

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6523094)
Gifts not sending. It looks like it's going to then it just hangs.

Hi LisaScobee,
I moved your post to the thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with loading problems.
I just tried and had no problems sending gifts.
Please make sure your browser and computer are up to date. Be sure to close and reload if you do any updates.

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VondaK (Post 6523102)
Help, please problem returning gifts. Accept, click to return - stops - won't complete.

Hi VondaK,
I just sent gifts from the Send Gifts list so won't be able to test the returning of gifts for a bit.
Please make sure your browser and computer are updated.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin66 (Post 6523098)
I'm getting an error message when trying to select the "farmer lists" button when I am trying to send gifts. The error message is ""10208827987489652" does not resolve to a valid user ID". I sent 50 gifts less than 5 minutes earlier. Is this related to the bug from this morning?

Hi Penguin,
I am not sure what bug you are referring to from this morning as we know of no bug this morning.
The error message is correct in that the ID number listed is not a valid user. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

If there is an invalid ID number in your list of friends that should remove it.

VondaK Dec 15 2022 07:32 PM

Thanks, Taz. It's not in sending gifts - it's accepting (okay) - then returning (stops).

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VondaK (Post 6523118)
Thanks, Taz. It's not in sending gifts - it's accepting (okay) - then returning (stops).

Hi VondaK,
I am aware of what you said about it being in returning gifts. As I said I had just sent gifts out in the send gifts, so I am not able to return any in My Requests for a couple hours.

VondaK Dec 15 2022 07:38 PM

Thanks, Taz

The few I accepted and couldn't return, I sent from Send Gifts. Too many to do that for all of them. :) Thanks again.

FarmersWife1965 Dec 15 2022 07:44 PM

""10208158457068544" does not resolve to a valid user ID"

I'm getting the same error. I sent the first 50 gifts, they went, and I immediately went to send my second batch of 50 gifts, and that's when I got the error message.

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:45 PM

Hi ALl,
I have duplicated the hanging return gifts and sent this off to the developers.

Taz D Dec 15 2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6523130)
""10208158457068544" does not resolve to a valid user ID"

I'm getting the same error. I sent the first 50 gifts, they went, and I immediately went to send my second batch of 50 gifts, and that's when I got the error message.

Hi FarmersWife,
The error message is correct in that the ID number listed is not a valid user. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

I am not sure why you are getting an invalid user in your list unless it is something Facebook has done to change the ID as that list comes from Facebook.