Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066)

jankath61453@gmail.com Feb 28 2022 01:47 PM

Lemons harvested but won't show harvested in quest

I harvested 7 lemon trees this morning for the Sachertorte quest, but when I go to make apricot jam, it tells me I need one more lemon, though it clearly shows on the quest that I did harvest the 2/2 required lemons. Can you fix this please? I'm running out of time on my 2FC/8 fulfilled quests by tomorrow.

marymarcel Feb 28 2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485478)
I harvested 7 lemon trees this morning for the Sachertorte quest, but when I go to make apricot jam, it tells me I need one more lemon, though it clearly shows on the quest that I did harvest the 2/2 required lemons. Can you fix this please? I'm running out of time on my 2FC/8 fulfilled quests by tomorrow.

Hi jankath :)

I moved your post to the Quests thread.

I dont see lemons or oranges in your storage and you need them to produce Apricot jam.

Could it be possible they were used for other facilities? Asking this as you have little amount of trees.

Do you have a check mark for Pectin? To produce Pectin you need orange and lemon.

To produce Apricot jam you need apricot, sugar, lemon and pectin.

I see you have a lifeline in use for your Saffron Risotto quest. If you complete that quest, then you could try a new lifeline for Sachertorte if your trees are not ready to harvest yet.

jankath61453@gmail.com Feb 28 2022 02:20 PM

Yes - I have pectin marked as ready. 7 lemon trees is MORE than enough to have harvested to make pectin AND apricot jam. And yet - the lemons are just gone, as you say none in storage. Why would the quest acknowledge I had enough lemons to finish the quest, and yet they disappeared? Please give back the lemons NOT used to make pectin

marymarcel Feb 28 2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485486)
Yes - I have pectin marked as ready. 7 lemon trees is MORE than enough to have harvested to make pectin AND apricot jam. And yet - the lemons are just gone, as you say none in storage. Why would the quest acknowledge I had enough lemons to finish the quest, and yet they disappeared? Please give back the lemons NOT used to make pectin

Im sorry but we cant give you back any product. If you used lemons to start for example your Juice factory OR any other factory using lemons, before you started Apricot Jam, then nothing can be done.

You have to wait till your lemon trees are ready again, harvest them and start Apricot jam.

Or complete your other quest and try a new lifeline and see if it can help you with your quest.

jankath61453@gmail.com Feb 28 2022 03:11 PM

i didn't do anything else with my farm today but the items needed for my 2 remaining quests. I did not use lemons for ANYTHING but to make pectin - which it does not take all 7 lemon trees I harvested to make pectin. I should have ample lemons left to make the apricot jam. The game stole the lemons/ lost the lemons, whatever. I didn't do anything with them. They were there. And then the game took them away. I haven't lost much in the past 3 years, but I've played this game since it started originally when we had 1 farm, 1 little square per crop. Any time since we began having quests, when the game lost products, you immediately replaced them. What's the difference now that you have no intention whatsoever in replacing what your game lost?

marymarcel Feb 28 2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485494)
i didn't do anything else with my farm today but the items needed for my 2 remaining quests. I did not use lemons for ANYTHING but to make pectin - which it does not take all 7 lemon trees I harvested to make pectin. I should have ample lemons left to make the apricot jam. The game stole the lemons/ lost the lemons, whatever. I didn't do anything with them. They were there. And then the game took them away. I haven't lost much in the past 3 years, but I've played this game since it started originally when we had 1 farm, 1 little square per crop. Any time since we began having quests, when the game lost products, you immediately replaced them. What's the difference now that you have no intention whatsoever in replacing what your game lost?

Hi jankath :)

You could start only one batch, or several batches to make pectin. You have lemon trees which will be ready to harvest in about 14 hours.

As you say you have the green check mark for lemons, try the following but not sure if that will work. Open your Juice Factory and ask ingredients for Lemon Juice. When your friends send them, store them and try to start Apricot jam again.

We cant replace any harvestable items or facility products missing as only coins can be added to your account not the item itself and that can only be done by Support not the forum.

If you wish, you can contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then please read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

jankath61453@gmail.com Feb 28 2022 03:33 PM

Thank you.

marymarcel Feb 28 2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485506)
Thank you.

Please try the following:
As you say you have the green check mark for lemons, open your Juice Factory and ask ingredients for Lemon Juice. When your friends send them, store them and try to start Apricot jam again.

jankath61453@gmail.com Feb 28 2022 03:43 PM

Now THAT is the kind of advice I would expect from a forum. Thank you. And it worked perfectly. I've literally never had to do anything like that before, but I'll certainly keep it in mind next time something disappears.

marymarcel Feb 28 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485518)
Now THAT is the kind of advice I would expect from a forum. Thank you. And it worked perfectly. I've literally never had to do anything like that before, but I'll certainly keep it in mind next time something disappears.

You are welcome, glad it worked :)

rodkay1@bigpond.com Mar 02 2022 08:01 PM

I have unticked (unchecked) animal crossing sign in transport and it reverts back to being ticked. I have restarted page once again after unticking and finally it is unchecked. This happens often, so does this mean I have to restart every time I tick (check) or untick a product. This has never happened before and sometimes it reticks again even after restarting. Do I have to restart and check more than once for it to be permanent?

Taz D Mar 02 2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com (Post 6485742)
I have unticked (unchecked) animal crossing sign in transport and it reverts back to being ticked. I have restarted page once again after unticking and finally it is unchecked. This happens often, so does this mean I have to restart every time I tick (check) or untick a product. This has never happened before and sometimes it reticks again even after restarting. Do I have to restart and check more than once for it to be permanent?

Hi rodkay,
The only time I have seen this happen is if the item is used in more than one facility. I am not sure why it is happening unless it is not getting saved for some reason. I have the quest for loading the same one in the Public Transport Office and it has stayed unticked the whole time.

jankath61453@gmail.com Mar 02 2022 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's the game. It did it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6485522)
You are welcome, glad it worked :)

Next quest, chopped pine trees for both paper roll and paper board. I have quite a few pine trees and I always chop them all when I see the next step isn't the mill.

So I've ALWAYS had more than enough to make anything for which pine trees are required. Today it took EVERY ONE of my pine trees to make JUST the paper roll. That never ever happened.

Which means 1) the game is losing our trees (as it lost my lemons last time when I knew I had more than enough) or 2. suddenly the game is requiring many more trees to do manufacture each item.

So do you know which it is? Because I was absolutely certain and careful to not use any pine more than exactly what was needed for the paper role - and it took ALL 13 of pine trees to make 1/1 paper roll.

I think if the answer is #2, then we should have been warned that suddenly we need to buy a lot more trees of each kind as the game is requiring many more for production. I mean seriously - 1/1 paper roll took 13 pine trees? I've done tons of quests over the years that produced both paper roll and paper board and in one quest and NEVER were the 13 trees not more than enough.
please tell us what's going on.

Taz D Mar 02 2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com (Post 6485754)
Next quest, chopped pine trees for both paper roll and paper board. I have quite a few pine trees and I always chop them all when I see the next step isn't the mill.

So I've ALWAYS had more than enough to make anything for which pine trees are required. Today it took EVERY ONE of my pine trees to make JUST the paper roll. That never ever happened.

Which means 1) the game is losing our trees (as it lost my lemons last time when I knew I had more than enough) or 2. suddenly the game is requiring many more trees to do manufacture each item.

So do you know which it is? Because I was absolutely certain and careful to not use any pine more than exactly what was needed for the paper role - and it took ALL 13 of pine trees to make 1/1 paper roll.

I think if the answer is #2, then we should have been warned that suddenly we need to buy a lot more trees of each kind as the game is requiring many more for production. I mean seriously - 1/1 paper roll took 13 pine trees? I've done tons of quests over the years that produced both paper roll and paper board and in one quest and NEVER were the 13 trees not more than enough.
please tell us what's going on.

Hi Jankath,
It looks to me like you ended up sending all your pine logs to the mill to make pine lumber as you have 180 pine lumber pils and no pine logs in your storage. If you only have 13 pine trees that hardly seems enough to stock your facilities.

When you started the paper roll did you start 1 batch or start all of the batches you could? It requires 1 pine log pile to make a single batch of the paper roll, but if you started all you could of those then you used all 13 pine log piles.
When you are doing quests it is best to only start single batches of items you need to produce.

rodkay1@bigpond.com Mar 02 2022 09:53 PM

Trouble with ticking (checking) of facilities

Checked again when I came back and chafer from meal rental, animal crossing from transport etc were unticked even though I checked that they were ticked (checked) before leaving FT twice. Have since reticked

Taz D Mar 02 2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com (Post 6485762)
Checked again when I came back and chafer from meal rental, animal crossing from transport etc were unticked even though I checked that they were ticked (checked) before leaving FT twice. Have since reticked

Hi Rodkay,
I am confused. Your first post said that you were having trouble getting them to stay unchecked (to not produce) and now you say they are unchecked and you want them checked. Are you trying not to produce these items to keep from finishing the quests or are you trying to check them so they will complete the quests?

If those items are not staying in the state you want them to be, then set them then click the save button and then clear your memcache. That should make them stay set them the way you last set them.

BillyConnolly Mar 05 2022 02:29 AM

Quest Glitches

Why is it I have all the ingredients to produce in my quests but it will not let me ???
Also would like to know why I'm given quests that are impossible to do because I don't have the facilities needed ...

Tiger Mar 05 2022 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyConnolly (Post 6485910)
Why is it I have all the ingredients to produce in my quests but it will not let me ???
Also would like to know why I'm given quests that are impossible to do because I don't have the facilities needed ...

Hi BillyConnolly,

Which Quest and which item are you not able to produce? Do you have green check marks for all the previous steps?
Could any of the ingredients you have to be able to make an item be ones that you got by accepting or exchanging gifts ?

Quests are assigned at random, the game does not look to see what facilities you own before assigning one.

cecilem Mar 12 2022 10:21 AM

HELP PLEASE
Anyone having problems with their QUESTS? I have all the ingredients for a CHEF HAT and APRON, yet I am supposed to HARVEST them. Where do I find the seeds???? LOL.
I am NOT kidding this is exactly what the Co-op Quest is asking for. AND THAT WOULD MEAN 2 FC FOR ME.
I am also supposed to HARVEST CLAY BLOCK for MY QUEST. I have a small snow shovel but I think a bigger tool would be more approriate for the job.
Any suggestions? Thank you , love the game

Taz D Mar 12 2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecilem (Post 6486402)
HELP PLEASE
Anyone having problems with their QUESTS? I have all the ingredients for a CHEF HAT and APRON, yet I am supposed to HARVEST them. Where do I find the seeds???? LOL.
I am NOT kidding this is exactly what the Co-op Quest is asking for. AND THAT WOULD MEAN 2 FC FOR ME.
I am also supposed to HARVEST CLAY BLOCK for MY QUEST. I have a small snow shovel but I think a bigger tool would be more approriate for the job.
Any suggestions? Thank you , love the game

Hi cecilem,
I moved your post to the Help & support thread about quests.
Just because it says Harvest does not mean it is a crop. It just means you need to get those items for your products.

chrissie333 Mar 14 2022 10:16 AM

Quest

Please can someone help
My quest for; Produce 5 Art Deco Lamps is not letting me complete. I need to produce a lamp socket but it says complete the ones highlighted in green first, which I have done apart from one, produce plastic granules, which does highlight in green but when I try to do this one it won't let me. the green disappears and nothing happens.
Thanks in advance

Taz D Mar 14 2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486566)
Please can someone help
My quest for; Produce 5 Art Deco Lamps is not letting me complete. I need to produce a lamp socket but it says complete the ones highlighted in green first, which I have done apart from one, produce plastic granules, which does highlight in green but when I try to do this one it won't let me. the green disappears and nothing happens.
Thanks in advance

Hi Chrissie,
I moved your post to the thread about quests. You have to complete the plastic granules before you can start the lamp socket as it needs the plastic to produce that item.

chrissie333 Mar 14 2022 10:35 AM

Can someone help please. My Quest for; Produce 5 Art Deco Lamps will not let me finish one of the steps. I need to complete the lamp socket but it says complete the items highlighted in green first which I have done apart from one, produce plastic granules which does highlight in green but when I try the green switches to white. I do have the these products available to work with but I have tried a few times and nothing happens. Thanks in advance

Taz D Mar 14 2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486574)
Can someone help please. My Quest for; Produce 5 Art Deco Lamps will not let me finish one of the steps. I need to complete the lamp socket but it says complete the items highlighted in green first which I have done apart from one, produce plastic granules which does highlight in green but when I try the green switches to white. I do have the these products available to work with but I have tried a few times and nothing happens. Thanks in advance

Hi Chrissie,
I already answered you above your last post. You have to complete the Plastic granules step and get the green check in that box before you can start the lamp socket. The plastic granules are needed to produce the lamp socket.

chrissie333 Mar 14 2022 01:07 PM

Help

I know I have to complete the plastic granules first but it won't let me. as I said in my last post.

marymarcel Mar 14 2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486582)
I know I have to complete the plastic granules first but it won't let me. as I said in my last post.

Hi chrissie :)

Taz is not available right now.

Did you complete (get the green check marks) the previous steps needed to make plastic granules?

You should have green check marks for Crude oil barrel and for Petrochemical barrel. You need those first to be able to produce plastic granules.

chrissie333 Mar 15 2022 05:04 AM

Hi yet again I now have just 2.9 days left on the quest produce 5 art deco lamps and still I cannot complete the plastic granules item. I do have plastic granules. I have completed the other items. I have reported this 3 times and still no help has arrived. Could someone from the tech department PLEASE take a look and fix the problem. When I put the curser on the plastic granules item the message is, complete all the items highlighted in green. They are all completed. I am trying to be as clear as possible. This quest isn't working for me.

chrissie333 Mar 15 2022 05:07 AM

Quest

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6486586)
Hi chrissie :)

Taz is not available right now.

Did you complete (get the green check marks) the previous steps needed to make plastic granules?

You should have green check marks for Crude oil barrel and for Petrochemical barrel. You need those first to be able to produce plastic granules.

I HAVE completed all the green check marks and the plastic granules one will NOT work for me. I do have plastic granules to work on. Tech Department please help!!!

Tiger Mar 15 2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486694)
Hi yet again I now have just 2.9 days left on the quest produce 5 art deco lamps and still I cannot complete the plastic granules item. I do have plastic granules. I have completed the other items. I have reported this 3 times and still no help has arrived. Could someone from the tech department PLEASE take a look and fix the problem. When I put the curser on the plastic granules item the message is, complete all the items highlighted in green. They are all completed. I am trying to be as clear as possible. This quest isn't working for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486698)
I HAVE completed all the green check marks and the plastic granules one will NOT work for me. I do have plastic granules to work on. Tech Department please help!!!

Hi chrissie333,

When you mouse over the plastic granules step is there a blue open button showing for you to click on to open the Petrochemical Plant?

If there is not an open button the quest has many steps, and you have not already done so, please make sure that you have scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see if the crude oil barrel and petrochemical barrel steps either don't have a check mark or still have a time showing on them rather than a green check mark.

If there is an open button when you mouseover the plastic granules and when you click on the blue open button to open the the facility, please mouseover the plastic granules in the petrochemical plant and check if there is ONLY a blue Start Batch button OR if along with Start Batch button there as ALSO more blue buttons to the right of that like +1 or+10.
If the there is not also at least +1 blue button showing then what has happened is that the facility has already had the maximum amount of products started in it and you will need to wait for a single batch of plastic granules to be completed before it will allow you to start one for the quest.
If you have more than one petrochemical plant, have a look in your Facility Manager for them and see if any of them are not already filled to maximum, if there is one with a +1 showing on the plastic granules try starting a single batch in that.

The other thing you can do if you can't wait for a batch to be completed in that facility is use the gift lifeline you have for that quest and request ingredients for something that needs the plastic granules to make it, like the Lamp Socket. When a friend sends you that ingredient you store it from your gift box and that should get you the green check mark for the plastic granules.

chrissie333 Mar 15 2022 07:44 AM

Quest

Thanks
At last someone has helped. I hadn't scrolled down so it was the petrochemical green barrel that was holding things up. It's the first time I have come across the need to scroll down.
Many thanks again

Tiger Mar 15 2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissie333 (Post 6486750)
Thanks
At last someone has helped. I hadn't scrolled down so it was the petrochemical green barrel that was holding things up. It's the first time I have come across the need to scroll down.
Many thanks again

Hi chrissie333,

Thanks for coming back to let us know you have found the problem. Much appreciated.

Just for your information, some quests can have quite a considerable amount of steps.
There is one with 27 of them :eek: so on those you will have to scroll down quite a long way to see all of the steps.
When there are more than 12 steps you should see a scroll bar to the right of the quest window which you can use to scroll with if you don't have a mouse wheel to use, when there's fewer steps there isn't one or the scroll bar doesn't move.

Alexandra_J Mar 19 2022 03:11 PM

One of my regular Quests is up today, could you tell me what time that will be GMT please as I only have 2 complete but if I can't complete my 3rd today it's fine because I can just complete it tomorrow. But I will do it today if I can

marymarcel Mar 19 2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6487562)
One of my regular Quests is up today, could you tell me what time that will be GMT please as I only have 2 complete but if I can't complete my 3rd today it's fine because I can just complete it tomorrow. But I will do it today if I can

Hi Alexandra :)

If you are talking about the expire time, you can see it into brackets when you open that quest.

If you want to know how much time it will take to complete that quest, you need to check every step left and see how much time each one will take.

Alexandra_J Mar 19 2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6487566)
Hi Alexandra :)

If you are talking about the expire time, you can see it into brackets when you open that quest.

If you want to know how much time it will take to complete that quest, you need to check every step left and see how much time each one will take.

I completed it last saturday and the quest will drop off soon, I would like to know when that quest last saturday will drop off and what time that will be.

marymarcel Mar 19 2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6487570)
I completed it last saturday and the quest will drop off soon, I would like to know when that quest last saturday will drop off and what time that will be.

You completed a regular quest for Make Lumberjack Shirt last Saturday, March 12.

Open your Quest manager and click in Show quests button. There, check how much time is left for that quest before it drops off the chart.

Alexandra_J Mar 19 2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6487574)
You completed a regular quest for Make Lumberjack Shirt last Saturday, March 12.

Open your Quest manager and click in Show quests button. There, check how much time is left for that quest before it drops off the chart.

oh, yeah. I forgot about that piece of info lol. thanks for reminding me

marymarcel Mar 19 2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6487578)
oh, yeah. I forgot about that piece of info lol. thanks for reminding me

You are welcome Alexandra :)

Walkies Mar 20 2022 06:59 AM

Hi!!

I have a quest where I need to produce cider. This usually takes six hours. When you open the facility, that's what it says.
But when I go back to my quest, it's saying twelve hours. That's after reloading the game. And coming back later to find it's gone down to seven hours.

Thanks in anticipation of your help. You are usually marvellous! :)

USER ID number 624036646

marymarcel Mar 20 2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkies (Post 6487734)
Hi!!

I have a quest where I need to produce cider. This usually takes six hours. When you open the facility, that's what it says.
But when I go back to my quest, it's saying twelve hours. That's after reloading the game. And coming back later to find it's gone down to seven hours.

Thanks in anticipation of your help. You are usually marvellous! :)

USER ID number 624036646

Hi Walkies :)

I moved your post to the thread about Quests.

To produce Souced Herring you need Apple cider vinegar and also Cider barrel.

To make the Apple cider vinegar you need 2 Cider barrels.

This means you need to produce 3 Cider barrels in your Winery, 2 for then produce Apple cider vinegar and 1 to make Souced Herring.

The Winery produces 2 Cider barrels every 6 hours but as you need 3 you have to start 2 batches and they will last 12 hours.

When you have more than one Winery, then it is better to star 1 batch in each Winery and you will get the full production in 6 hours instead of 12 hours.

fyrestarr Mar 23 2022 10:13 AM

problem with a quest

I am doing a quest which requires an Indian Trading post be put on a farm to make a dream catcher. I aquired the trading post the other day and when I go to finish the quest with it, it gives no info. I cannot complete the last step of this quest. Does anyone have the same problem?