Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 1st, 2016 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130)

Stu3 Dec 24 2016 01:19 PM

I said Before i will say Again We need a Skip Port Button or Feature i have now had a Ship Stuck in a Port for 24 hours and i have messaged the person who has seen it each time but will not advance the ship come on sort this out.

Dulcinea Dec 24 2016 01:19 PM

You know, it's Christmas Eve and I should be doing a zillion other things. But these ships are just too much fun! :D My daughter bought the blue ship and dispatched it. I was the first on her roster, my hubby is second, and her sister is third. Everyone on my own roster is active except #30, so it should sail through the first twenty-nine before the week is out. Well, here's hoping anyway.

marymarcel Dec 24 2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dulcinea (Post 6121746)
I'm not seeing this mentioned in the first post. When I clicked on Prepare Ship, a pop-up said the ship uses fuel. This makes sense, of course, but I don't see anywhere how much fuel is used. Does anyone know? Or will I learn that when I dispatch the ship? Thanks.

EDIT: I found out when I dispatched my ship. It cost me 600 fuel to send one container. I have the pink ship.

Hi Dulcinea:)

Sorry for the delay to get back to you but I had to complete loading some containers.

Yes, it takes fuel when you dispatch your ship, I sent my Yellow ship with 4 containers and I used 2,400 fuel, so 600 per container.

That is the only information I have up know, as we are all learning about the new Ships. :)

TheWheezer Dec 24 2016 01:23 PM

Cargo Ship Dispatched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6115958)
Thanks Raul!

I just dispatched my first cargo ship and it landed in the port of one of my least active neighbors. I think this is a mistake and does not follow the rules according to the following:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last.

Dulcinea Dec 24 2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6121842)
Hi Dulcinea:)

Sorry for the delay to get back to you but I had to complete loading some containers.

Yes, it takes fuel when you dispatch your ship, I sent my Yellow ship with 4 containers and I used 2,400 fuel, so 600 per container.

That is the only information I have up know, as we are all learning about the new Ships. :)

Thanks, marymarcel. Now the big question is whether 600 fuel per container will be worth it. :)

marymarcel Dec 24 2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dulcinea (Post 6121854)
Thanks, marymarcel. Now the big question is whether 600 fuel per container will be worth it. :)

You are very welcome :)

TheWheezer Dec 24 2016 01:49 PM

Cargo Ship Dispatched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu3 (Post 6121834)
I said Before i will say Again We need a Skip Port Button or Feature i have now had a Ship Stuck in a Port for 24 hours and i have messaged the person who has seen it each time but will not advance the ship come on sort this out.

The first port my Cargo ship landed on was my least active neighbor, what would happen I wonder if I go in and delete that neighbor:
The ports are not selected as they should be to the most active neighbors:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. So that means my ship will not advance

marymarcel Dec 24 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWheezer (Post 6121846)
I just dispatched my first cargo ship and it landed in the port of one of my least active neighbors. I think this is a mistake and does not follow the rules according to the following:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last.

Hi TheWheezer:)

The most recently active neighbor means the neighbor who is just playing by the time you are sending your ship.

Raul has posted the following in his notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

JoGilliam Dec 24 2016 01:52 PM

Timer to include cargo ships?

First of all, thanks! The cargo ships are fun and interesting and I'm sure that a few changes will occur here and there but they are quite good as a first release. Seven is quite a few to click on individually, and it would be nice to have some chart like the trains have in the timer tool. Honestly only a suggestion as a way to help forgetful people like me to remember which is doing what :) I only have one out and already worrying about trying to keep up with 7!! lol.

LazyMare Dec 24 2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoGilliam (Post 6121878)
First of all, thanks! The cargo ships are fun and interesting and I'm sure that a few changes will occur here and there but they are quite good as a first release. Seven is quite a few to click on individually, and it would be nice to have some chart like the trains have in the timer tool. Honestly only a suggestion as a way to help forgetful people like me to remember which is doing what :) I only have one out and already worrying about trying to keep up with 7!! lol.

We can only send one a day - there are seven days in the week and also seven ships - once all are dispatched this time next week the routine of one a day should fall naturally into place :)

karenbooysens1 Dec 24 2016 02:30 PM

In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.

Taz D Dec 24 2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenbooysens1 (Post 6121886)
In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.

Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.

HandyDan Dec 24 2016 02:52 PM

Dispatched Cargo Ship

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWheezer (Post 6121846)

I think the dispatched ship should first go to "Neighbors Helping Me" then we could message our neighbor to work the ship as soon as they can.

BarbLH Dec 24 2016 03:22 PM

Cargo Ships

I've seen a couple of my neighbors post that they're not going to work any ships that come to their ports. They're also not going to get any ships. I'd like to get some ships but if people feel like this we need a way to bypass those neighbors who do not wish to participate. These folks have been good, long-time neighbors in every other respect, so it's not fair to have to remove them as neighbors because of this. I also think we should be able to help friends who are not our neighbors, if we are their neighbors.

Farmer_Susan Dec 24 2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dulcinea (Post 6121838)
You know, it's Christmas Eve and I should be doing a zillion other things. But these ships are just too much fun! :D My daughter bought the blue ship and dispatched it. I was the first on her roster, my hubby is second, and her sister is third. Everyone on my own roster is active except #30, so it should sail through the first twenty-nine before the week is out. Well, here's hoping anyway.

I am SO jealous!!!!!

Dulcinea Dec 24 2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6121910)
I am SO jealous!!!!!

Well, as I said, we'll see. Not only do they have to be active, but they also have to figure out these cargo ships, and if they're not doing them themselves, it could be a while. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing. :o

Aussie Rae Dec 24 2016 05:55 PM

currently I have a Yellow Cargo ship with 10 containers at Port 15 and a Pink Cargo Ship with 3 containers at Port 2, and have been explaining to all my friends that they don't need to buy ships and spend the time to prepare containers if they don't want to.. but if they don't help by clicking on the blue buttons in the Seaport Manager, then my ship will be stuck on their farm and unable to progress.. most are finding it easy to do once they understand how quick and simple the process is..

cgsfarm Dec 24 2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaMike (Post 6121814)
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.

I agree with you.

Farmer_Susan Dec 24 2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dulcinea (Post 6121918)
The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing. :o

I KNOW! I've been surprised that I haven't gotten any ships, either. I have around 100 neighbors and I'm visiting someone who's under the weather for the weekend so I've been online almost constantly - mostly on Farmtown. I'm gifting, working facilities, sending and accepting trains, hiring at the market, planting, doing quests . . . I'm not sure what all goes in to making someone "active" but I don't know how I COULDN'T have been SUPER active ever since the ships launched. But none at my port. :confused:

bayoubes Dec 24 2016 06:09 PM

My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.

max_river Dec 24 2016 06:36 PM

I not sure if this is a issue when i am working my friends ship i click on buttons the window comes up it tells me 1hr 32m when i close the window it stops the work am i doing it wrong

max_river Dec 24 2016 06:40 PM

never mind figured it out

bruhelmboldt Dec 24 2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoubes (Post 6121982)
My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too!!

And does an unattended ship stay in that neighbor's port for one day, or for the entire time before it's due??

Taz D Dec 24 2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoubes (Post 6121982)

Hi bayoubes,
I would love to answer your question definatively, but I have not loaded any ships in my port yet. I can say that I don't think you do. They only way you get any goods is to buy a ship yourself and send it out.

KRenee Dec 24 2016 07:07 PM

so far i'm not having any luck with the ships my first ship is stuck on the first port....my second one is stuck on the first port on someone who isn't even on my friend list, so is not my neighbor....so i will wait patiently for the developers to fix this problem....i really enjoy the game.....

Aussie Rae Dec 24 2016 07:11 PM

just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, :) ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL

Farmer_Susan Dec 24 2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6122034)
just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, :) ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL

It's a nice sentiment. ;) However, personally - just thinking in terms of how to motivate people to keep the game going smoothly - I'd like to see those who help get something "in addition" to the warm, fuzzies of helping a neighbor.

Farmer_Susan Dec 24 2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6121894)
Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.

I just had this happen. It's a bit disconcerting. How do I find out if I'm someone's neighbor but they're not mine? I could add them if I knew - but I don't know how to get that info.

At least I finally got to help someone. I guess! LOL

Aussie Rae Dec 24 2016 09:47 PM

my cargo ship has visited 18 ports successfully so far, and here is some info on the products each container is carrying so far..
Ore, Rocks and Minerals 154,715
Factory Ingredients Container 6,921
Food Container 9,615
Crops, Fruit and Flowers 4,645
Metal Sheets 3,479
Liquid Factory Ingredients 2,409
Lumbers and Logs 2,557
Textile Rolls and Yarns 2,295
Fish and Shellfish 2,038
Animal Products 142
The ship will return in 5 days or after collecting from the remaining 12 ports.

rockcandymountain Dec 24 2016 10:11 PM

Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.

Aussie Rae Dec 24 2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6122110)
Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.

depending on which Colored Cargo Ship you bought, the time taken to prepare the Containers is what everyone is saying takes up to 10 hours.. if you start and finish all 10 the same day, as I did for my first one.. its now up to its 20th port but has taken a lot of effort to get people to understand how to load it, having to message them and then talk them through it, hopefully now I won't need to do that with those same people again. My second ship has only 3 containers and its stuck on Port 2 at the moment... LOL

June Nelson Dec 24 2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaMike (Post 6121814)
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.

I agree with BamaMike. As things stand now, there are just too many ways a ship can get hung up, with no option to help move it along. It's costly to send containers out, 'n if there isn't any chance of getting something back because the ship is stuck on a port early in the process, then I can see where this feature will soon sink to the ocean bottom, with or without the captain.

justmecookin Dec 25 2016 12:11 AM

I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.

dorissau Dec 25 2016 12:41 AM

My ship, like so many others is stalled for two days in #2 port. Think I said from the start I won't participate if I have to nag my neighbors. Guess I'm done until we have some choice of ports.

FarmerWitch Dec 25 2016 02:27 AM

Please could you allow the preparation of containers to be 'queued' .. even queuing 4 at a time would be a great help?

al_bundy Dec 25 2016 03:42 AM

how do u access the ship manager?

LazyMare Dec 25 2016 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmecookin (Post 6122146)
I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.

Hi justmecookin

Currently each ship has a different itinerary depending on who has just opened the game when you dispatch your ship, but as the Devs are working on it......

LazyMare Dec 25 2016 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 6122182)
how do u access the ship manager?

Hi al

Simply click on your ship to prepare, dispatch, check it's itinerary then unload it

To advance your neighbour's ships, open your yellow tool box, the Seaport Manager is in the left hand column. (Both your Toolbox and the Seaport Manager currrently show a red circle if there are ships in your port).
Open it then click on your neighbours ship, click Enter Ship, then click Load Products until it says 100% and disappears.

leighwj1960 Dec 25 2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgray (Post 6121726)
Maybe a preference could be added whereby the player chooses whether or not he/she wants to be part of the ships operation. If a player opts out, ships would not be sent to their port (and they wouldn't be able to dispatch ships, either). If a player knows they are going to be away from FT for a while, they could choose to opt out temporarily.

Maybe just send ships to players who have bought their own ships. If you don't buy a ship, you've opted out by default.

barbaraelwart Dec 25 2016 05:48 AM

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Devs for the ships. Not complaining here, but just registering a problem I have with them. I am regularly getting a notification on my toolbox that there are ships waiting in my port, click the Seaport Manager and it says there are no ships waiting!

Also, a friend messaged me yesterday asking me to send her ship on, I went to do it and it was not in my port. I told her this and she then messaged me back and said that according to her log, I had sent it on!

I understand there will be glitches, but guess the devs need to know of them to be able to sort them.

I realise it is holidays and certainly do NOT expect things to get sorted at the moment :)