Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657506)

miltil Dec 31 2022 01:03 PM

gifts and trains

Hi I can not boost my trains or send or return gifts. All I get is a small spinning circle. Can you tell what is wrong please.

marymarcel Dec 31 2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltil (Post 6524986)
Hi I can not boost my trains or send or return gifts. All I get is a small spinning circle. Can you tell what is wrong please.

Hi miltil :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts as the lists used for gifts and trains are the same.

Please be sure your browser is up to date and also check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.
After an update it is always better to restart your computer.

Also please check that your browser is still allowing 3rd party cookies. You have instruction on how to do that in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Other than that I can only tell you that Facebook has limited the amount of friends you can see in your lists. If you have lot of them, then it is probably that the lists will not load for you.
Try to check if all your friends are still playing the game. You can go to your My Neighbors tab, then uncheck the option for Show only Active Players and see how long they have not been playing.

You could remove the ones who have not played for a long time as neighbors and also as Facebook friends.

miltil Jan 01 2023 08:58 AM

I am not able to send or return gifts, all I get is a small spinning circle. Also the same thing for boosting my trains. Please help.

Taz D Jan 01 2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltil (Post 6525050)
I am not able to send or return gifts, all I get is a small spinning circle. Also the same thing for boosting my trains. Please help.

Hi miltil,
Your previous post was answered here. Please read the post above yours.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1294

miltil Jan 01 2023 11:56 AM

Thanks for the info but, I have checked, and I do allow cookies and I have not been able to correct my problem. I also delete all my Farmtown friend that have not played during the month of December.

Taz D Jan 01 2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltil (Post 6525082)
Thanks for the info but, I have checked, and I do allow cookies and I have not been able to correct my problem. I also delete all my Farmtown friend that have not played during the month of December.

Hi miltil,
The list comes from Facebook, so if your list of friends who play is larger than they will send to the game then this happens. There is nothing Farm Town can do to fix this. The only thing you can do is get your number of friends who play down to the point that Facebook will send. We do not know what that limit is from them, but they have lowered that amount several times.

LindaMHS70 Jan 01 2023 02:54 PM

when I try to send gifts back to those that sent me gifts in MY REQUEST there are no names that show up on the list. Only see a blank page and a circle that keeps going around. How can I get the list to show up? Any suggestions.

Taz D Jan 01 2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaMHS70 (Post 6525090)
when I try to send gifts back to those that sent me gifts in MY REQUEST there are no names that show up on the list. Only see a blank page and a circle that keeps going around. How can I get the list to show up? Any suggestions.

Hi LindaMHS,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Please be sure your browser is up to date and also check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Also please check that your browser is still allowing 3rd party cookies. You have instruction on how to do that in the following link:

Other than that I can only tell you that Facebook has limited the amount of friends you can see in your lists. If you have lot of them, then it is probably that the lists will not load for you.
Try to check if all your friends are still playing the game. You can go to your My Neighbors tab, then uncheck the option for Show only Active Players and see how long they have not been playing.

You could remove the ones who have not played for a long time as neighbors and also as Facebook friends.

grandmas farm Jan 02 2023 10:40 AM

i have sent multiple messages to the support link at the bottom of my farm page. no response that it has been recieved and no response to the message. How are we suppost to get help? I haven't been able to send gifts or request boosts on my trains since april of the year they went to html unity. But I could return gifts sent to me. Now I can't return gifts either. You develop this farm pass quest, which requires to send gifts, and so now I am wondering when will you fix my farm??

Taz D Jan 02 2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmas farm (Post 6525122)
i have sent multiple messages to the support link at the bottom of my farm page. no response that it has been recieved and no response to the message. How are we suppost to get help? I haven't been able to send gifts or request boosts on my trains since april of the year they went to html unity. But I could return gifts sent to me. Now I can't return gifts either. You develop this farm pass quest, which requires to send gifts, and so now I am wondering when will you fix my farm??

Hi grandmas farm,
I will let Support know you are not receiving their responses. They have looked at your account as late as yesterday, so they have gotten your tickets.
As far as fixing the gifts problem this was caused by a change Facebook did back at that time that affects only some of the users. We do not know if Facebook has corrected that error or not. There is nothing that Farm Town can do to fix this. They have created some work arounds for the latest change Facebook did though.

What are you seeing when you try to return gifts?

LindaMHS70 Jan 02 2023 08:25 PM

Since I am not able to have any of the farmers names that have sent me gifts to show up on the page and that only thing on the page is the circle going round and round, is there any other way to send out gifts...This started happening about a week ago. I am also unable to send any gifts on the SEND GIFTS page so that I can finish one of the Farm Pass goals of sending out 145 regular gifts...Is there anything else you can suggest I do. My Farmtown ID is 605472072.

Taz D Jan 02 2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaMHS70 (Post 6525146)
Since I am not able to have any of the farmers names that have sent me gifts to show up on the page and that only thing on the page is the circle going round and round, is there any other way to send out gifts...This started happening about a week ago. I am also unable to send any gifts on the SEND GIFTS page so that I can finish one of the Farm Pass goals of sending out 145 regular gifts...Is there anything else you can suggest I do. My Farmtown ID is 605472072.

HI LindaMHS,
I answered your previous post with what you can do to try to get back to sending gifts. There isn't any other way than through the Send Gifts and through the My Requests returning gifts.
You can try instead of accepting all the gifts and trying to return all you can try returning them individually as that only needs the one name at a time and they may show that way.

ftjill Jan 03 2023 09:41 AM

Cat Food bug

Cat food

My neighbor posted the below in the Other Wall Requests:

I received a new Cat Food as a gift for my farm in FarmTown, and liked it so much that I want more!

But...cat food is not in the list of gifts. I think this should be a request for ingredients.

Taz D Jan 03 2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6525194)
Cat food

My neighbor posted the below in the Other Wall Requests:

I received a new Cat Food as a gift for my farm in FarmTown, and liked it so much that I want more!

But...cat food is not in the list of gifts. I think this should be a request for ingredients.

Hi Ftjill,
I moved your post to the thread about gifts. You are correct that it is not a gift. This probably came from one of the gift sites and you will not be able to send it to them as it is not a valid gift for Farm Town. We are not sure how these sites are doing those but they won't work in Farm Town.

ftjill Jan 03 2023 11:29 AM

Thank you Taz for the explanation. My neighbor did use an external site.

Mr. Green Feet Jan 03 2023 03:07 PM

How to gift the extra fuel I have made?

I have much more fuel than I need, so I would like to gift a lot of it to one of my neighbors.

Please explain how I can do this other than gifting just one tank at a time?

In other words, I would like to send a few hundred gallons to a neighbor in one lump some who is starving for fuel.

I have read pages and pages on how to do this, I even bought a gas station, but I just can't find a quicker way. I'm just hoping, short of buying a bunch of gifting machines, that I can just send a bunch to them? After all, I produced the oil and refined it into gas, so you would think I should be able to gift all of it away if I wish to?

Please help, thank you!

marymarcel Jan 03 2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Green Feet (Post 6525242)
I have much more fuel than I need, so I would like to gift a lot of it to one of my neighbors.

Please explain how I can do this other than gifting just one tank at a time?

In other words, I would like to send a few hundred gallons to a neighbor in one lump some who is starving for fuel.

I have read pages and pages on how to do this, I even bought a gas station, but I just can't find a quicker way. I'm just hoping, short of buying a bunch of gifting machines, that I can just send a bunch to them? After all, I produced the oil and refined it into gas, so you would think I should be able to gift all of it away if I wish to?

Please help, thank you!

Hi Mr. Green Feet :)

You can't gift your fuel.

You can send your neighbor fuel tanks as gift from the Send Gift tab, you can fill your Gas Station with Fuel tanks so they can get some, but you can't share or gift your fuel with other friends.

If you wish and you have enough farm cash, you could gift them an Oil Refinery so they can produce their own fuel tanks.

Ssan01440 Jan 03 2023 04:15 PM

Hi. I seem to be having a problem collecting my gifts in my request tab. This doesn't happen all the time. Just now I had 8 pigs to collect and I was able to send gifts to my neighbors but when I went to collect my 8 pigs there was nothing there. Like I said, this doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough. I thought I should let you know. Thanks for all you are doing to help Farm Town continue to run and enjoyable :-)

marymarcel Jan 03 2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ssan01440 (Post 6525254)
Hi. I seem to be having a problem collecting my gifts in my request tab. This doesn't happen all the time. Just now I had 8 pigs to collect and I was able to send gifts to my neighbors but when I went to collect my 8 pigs there was nothing there. Like I said, this doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough. I thought I should let you know. Thanks for all you are doing to help Farm Town continue to run and enjoyable :-)

Hi Ssan01440 :)

This is a random problem that happens sometimes. It is a case of the data not transferring from Facebook to Farm Town as the gift processing is done through Facebook.

You can check the following link and see if your gifts are there Facebook Games Activity

If they are you can accept them through there or wait and see if they will show back up in your My Requests. Please visit the following link to know how to work through the Activity page:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950

You can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Ssan01440 Jan 03 2023 04:37 PM

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately they were not there. No biggie. Thanks for letting me know what the reason might be. Happy Farming!!

marymarcel Jan 03 2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ssan01440 (Post 6525262)
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately they were not there. No biggie. Thanks for letting me know what the reason might be. Happy Farming!!

Hi Ssan :)

Not sure why they were not showing up in Activity page, but if you have this problem again, please let us know.

Keef Jan 04 2023 05:19 AM

ID number ( 727691242

I cannot return gifts, boost my trains, add neighbours, send gifts out from my gift page, which has been a problem for over 18 months now, now I don't get any names in a list, when I try and return gifts all I get is the spinning circle, getting very frustrated as I do spend real $$$ in this game, I would like to be able to use every feature of the game, i have been playing since 2009, please get FB to fix their problems (as i've been told on several ocaisions that it is a FB problem) FB deactivates at a whim with no reasons given, time for FB / Meta to be held responsible for their problems

marymarcel Jan 04 2023 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6525290)
ID number ( 727691242

I cannot return gifts, boost my trains, add neighbours, send gifts out from my gift page, which has been a problem for over 18 months now, now I don't get any names in a list, when I try and return gifts all I get is the spinning circle, getting very frustrated as I do spend real $$$ in this game, I would like to be able to use every feature of the game, i have been playing since 2009, please get FB to fix their problems (as i've been told on several ocaisions that it is a FB problem) FB deactivates at a whim with no reasons given, time for FB / Meta to be held responsible for their problems

Hi Keef :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifting.

I'm sorry that the suggestions we gave to you didnt work and you still can't send gifts and trains boost requests.

Please report this to Support team. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Keef Jan 04 2023 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6525294)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifting.

I'm sorry that the suggestions we gave to you didnt work and you still can't send gifts and trains boost requests.

Please report this to Support team. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:

I have sent in over 150 reports about this and have not received any emails with any ticket number, i have been told it has something to do with the amount of friends I have (less than 500) I have also been chatting with people that have over 1,000 friends and they don't have the problem

marymarcel Jan 04 2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6525306)
I have sent in over 150 reports about this and have not received any emails with any ticket number, i have been told it has something to do with the amount of friends I have (less than 500) I have also been chatting with people that have over 1,000 friends and they don't have the problem

I know that Support has been checking but I will let them know that you are not receiving their responses.

Sammac17 Jan 04 2023 09:07 AM

I still have not been able to send gifts from the "Send Gifts" tab or any other way. I have tried all the work arounds that you suggested. The friends list just keeps spinning around.
Also I haven't been able to boosts my trains out. That just keeps spinning around in the friends list with no people showing. The 'Send Gifts" tab and the not boosting my trains have been since Unity took over Flash almost 2 years ago in March of 2021.

Taz D Jan 04 2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammac17 (Post 6525314)
I still have not been able to send gifts from the "Send Gifts" tab or any other way. I have tried all the work arounds that you suggested. The friends list just keeps spinning around.
Also I haven't been able to boosts my trains out. That just keeps spinning around in the friends list with no people showing. The 'Send Gifts" tab and the not boosting my trains have been since Unity took over Flash almost 2 years ago in March of 2021.

Hi Sammac,
I know you have said you have tried all the work arounds but we do not know what you have tried.

Other than that I can only tell you that Facebook has limited the amount of friends you can see in your lists. If you have lot of them, then it is probably that causing the lists to not load for you. We do not know what their limit is and it seems to be different for different players.

You could remove the ones who have not played for a long time as neighbors and also as Facebook friends.They would have to be removed as your Facebook friends to be removed from the list.

As it has been this long it could be a Facebook caused problem that they have not fixed and the developers know of no work around for it. It seems to have only affected a small group of people and we are not sure why that is.

You can contact Support about this if you wish. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

LindaMHS70 Jan 04 2023 10:02 AM

ID:605472072 I cannot get any names to appear when I try to SEND GIFT TO ALL from MY REQUEST page....I am using Google Chrome and have done a memecache, restarted the computer, made sure my cookies says ALLOW all. I do notice that I see an "not secure" icon when using this site...Is that usual. I have run virus scan....Any other suggestions....At the moment, I cannot send any gifts to anyone.

Taz D Jan 04 2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaMHS70 (Post 6525322)
ID:605472072 I cannot get any names to appear when I try to SEND GIFT TO ALL from MY REQUEST page....I am using Google Chrome and have done a memecache, restarted the computer, made sure my cookies says ALLOW all. I do notice that I see an "not secure" icon when using this site...Is that usual. I have run virus scan....Any other suggestions....At the moment, I cannot send any gifts to anyone.

Hi LindaMHS,
I have answered your previous posts about this. My previous answer to you is in the following link with things to do:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1300

The forums are an unsecure site, the game is secure. The forums do not need to be a secure site as it is an open forum.

Tom C Jan 05 2023 11:10 AM

There are some parts of the game I do not use, I do not do gifts unless there is something I need and I like to send a gift back to the person I accepted a gift from, but now I can not do that. I need to send 20 people I think it is a gift for farm pass, so I am going to lose 3 points because I cant do it. Not a big deal at this time now if it was one of the big goals worth say 50 points I would be ******. I think this issue with gifts needs fixed. I not not boost the trains I send out, but will boosts those that come to my farm.

Taz D Jan 05 2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6525406)
There are some parts of the game I do not use, I do not do gifts unless there is something I need and I like to send a gift back to the person I accepted a gift from, but now I can not do that. I need to send 20 people I think it is a gift for farm pass, so I am going to lose 3 points because I cant do it. Not a big deal at this time now if it was one of the big goals worth say 50 points I would be ******. I think this issue with gifts needs fixed. I not not boost the trains I send out, but will boosts those that come to my farm.

Hi Tom C,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.

Gifts problems were caused by Facebook. They are the ones who need to fix it as the developers can't. They have done a couple work arounds they may work for you if you try them. Try accepting a single gift and then click the return gift. You will get a pop up with their name list. Click the send next to the name and then the done at the bottom.

sgladden1 Jan 06 2023 09:18 AM

trains and gifts

Thanks for fixing that bug but i still cannot boost trains or send gifts original i can only resend. I appreciate that is a so called Facebook issue but then something in the game needs to change, the way of boosting or something cause it is not fair that i paid fc for all those trains and cars and i can't use them to the fullest. I also cannot help my neighbors when they need a gift sent for fp or fulfill fp requirements when i cannot send a gift from the gift page.

Taz D Jan 06 2023 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgladden1 (Post 6525494)
Thanks for fixing that bug but i still cannot boost trains or send gifts original i can only resend. I appreciate that is a so called Facebook issue but then something in the game needs to change, the way of boosting or something cause it is not fair that i paid fc for all those trains and cars and i can't use them to the fullest. I also cannot help my neighbors when they need a gift sent for fp or fulfill fp requirements when i cannot send a gift from the gift page.

Hi sgladden,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts.
We are aware that the changes made by the developers for the work arounds and then removing them does not fix the original Facebook problem. Those were only to temporarily fix the last problem Facebook had with the returning gifts and neighbor requests which Facebook has fixed.
IT was not to correct the original p0roblem caused by a Facebook change. The developers have looked at that and can't fix that earlier original problem. Facebook still needs to fix that. I am sorry, but there is nothing Farm Town can do to fix that for you.

The following won't help if you are getting the invalid token error, but if you are not you can try this:

Facebook has limited the amount of friends you can see in your lists. If you have lot of them, then it is probably that causing the lists to not load for you. We do not know what their limit is and it seems to be different for different players.

You could remove the ones who have not played for a long time as neighbors and also as Facebook friends.They would have to be removed as your Facebook friends to be removed from the list.

ericanl51 Jan 06 2023 12:57 PM

gift giving and farm expansions

I am not able to send or receive gifts from 48 of my neighbors...only 2.
Also I have been able to expand some of my farms not others...I cannot expand for example farm 4 or farm 12 while I have been able to expand some farms up to farm 36. Thank you!!

marymarcel Jan 06 2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericanl51 (Post 6525510)
I am not able to send or receive gifts from 48 of my neighbors...only 2.
Also I have been able to expand some of my farms not others...I cannot expand for example farm 4 or farm 12 while I have been able to expand some farms up to farm 36. Thank you!!

Hi ericanl51 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts as that was the first problem you are having.

What happens when you try to send gifts? Which setting are you using when you click in Farmers List?

Please open your Tool box and then click in the clock icon. Then click in Gamewide button and see what is showing up in Resend Gifts option.

If it has a green check mark, then you should be able to send gifts to all your friends.
If it is showing a time, then you have to wait that time before being able to send gifts to all of them

About Land Upgrades:

Farms upgrades to 58x58 were released for farms 1 to 22 in their original order.

I checked your data and visited your farms.

Your data shows that you purchased all upgrades available for farms 1 to 22.

When visiting your farms, the grid shows that you have moved them around as farms 23, 24, 32, 35 and 36 are upgraded to 58x58 but farms 4, 11, 12, 13 and 15 shows they are upgraded to 56x56

Dick Beloat Jan 07 2023 01:41 PM

ft giftshop

since be for last shut down of farmtown free gifts has not been working right.
most trys for free gift is 0 or just a very few

marymarcel Jan 07 2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Beloat (Post 6525586)
since be for last shut down of farmtown free gifts has not been working right.
most trys for free gift is 0 or just a very few

Hi Dick Beloat :)

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

Are you talking about gifts sites on facebook?i

If so, those sites have nothing to do with the game and are not supported by Slashkey.
If you have problems with them, then you will need to contact their administrators.

If your problem is with Send Gifts tab or your My Requests tab, then please explain exactly what happens when you try to use them.

Kongo Jan 07 2023 03:45 PM

All my gift requests have disappeared I never accepted or sent and their gone none pending Around 11 am there were pages of them at 50 each page becuse I was waiting to accept and send. Please advise

Taz D Jan 07 2023 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kongo (Post 6525622)
All my gift requests have disappeared I never accepted or sent and their gone none pending Around 11 am there were pages of them at 50 each page becuse I was waiting to accept and send. Please advise

Hi Kongo,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Kongo Jan 07 2023 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Taz
That was the first thing I did
I again went through clearing the memcache,and still not showing any Farmtown
requests pending.
I've attached photo