Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 28th, 2022 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660502)

Raul Dec 28 2022 12:18 AM

New Release -- December 28th, 2022

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last update released on January 22th, 8:20PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. 58 x 58 farm expansions for Farms 12 through 22: Prices are 60 Farm Cash or 100 billion coins.

2. Turbo Paper Mill: This is a new facility that produces 3 times More Paper than the current Paper Mill.

3. Harvester Ex 11 x 11 and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 11 x 11: Harvest and Plow up to 1936 *overlapped* fields at once in a squared area the size of 11 x 11 plow fields.

4. Minor Bug Fixes:

- Bugfix: The Farm Pass goal requiring to load a ship from a friend was also getting incremented when skipping or self-loading your own ships

- Bugfix: When designing for others using the purple hand, is not possible to place multiple items continuously from the farm owner item storage into the farm

5. Improvements released last month:

- Released workarounds for the Facebook bugs affecting areas of the game like sending train boosts, neighbour requests and gifts back to players. When using the 'Send Gifts Back to All' button in the 'My Requests' page we are showing you a friend selector with all the senders of the gifts you just accepted, we know is not ideal as you have to do some extra clicking on each friend, but at least you don't have to search for each friend manually to send gifts back to them.

- When accepting gifts, the 'Send Gift Back to All' button is now showing up if your gift box fill while accepting those gifts. This will allow you to quickly send gifts back to the senders of the gifts that were accepted.

- The Show Names->Show Work Info and Farm Stats features now use browser memory more efficiently. When you open the Farm Stats screen it doesn't always shows the latest info, if you need the latest info click the Refresh Stats button.

- Bugfix: Sometimes the game got stuck after posting Belt/Dans bonuses

6. New Black Eyed Peas crop: This is used in the Guyanese Restaurant.

7. Animal Shelter Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Animal Shelter Supplies.

Dog Crate Tag
Poop Scoops
Dog Muzzle
Cone Collar
Cat Sanctuary
Cage Bank
Pet Grooming Bath Tub
Wall Mount Pressure Washer

8. Guyanese Restaurant (Coins): Produces Guyanese Food.

Split Peas Fritters
Feroce dAvocat
Guyanese Pepperpot
Guyanese Dhal
Metemgee
Cook-Up Rice
Guyanese Chicken Curry
Black Cake

New products from other facilities: Cassareep in the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

9. Animal Shelter (FC): Provides Housing Services for lost and abandoned animals and can be stocked with products from the Animal Shelter Supplies Factory.

10. Taste of Guyana (Coins): Provides Guyana Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Guyanese Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - January 5th, 8:40PM

- Reverted workaround for Facebook bug when sending gifts back and neighbour request, it appears that Facebook has fixed the original bug

- Bugfix: When you have a Trading Warehouse open and someone trades with you the trades you are viewing briefly disappear and then come back again

- Bugfix: Farm Stats not showing the correct order when sorting by Quantity

- Bugfix: Farm Stats sorting option not remembered in current session after changing farms

Post Release Updates - January 22th, 8:20PM

- Working neighbour facilities should now be about 30-50% faster.

Known Issues:

- None.

Rob T Dec 28 2022 12:26 AM

Thank you for the new update :)

Taz D Dec 28 2022 12:29 AM

Thanks Raul and team!

BarbLH Dec 28 2022 12:45 AM

Thanks, Raul & team, for all the new things

macladywloo Dec 28 2022 12:53 AM

Thanks so much for the New Year's present! You guys rock. I am delighted to see new tools and assume some corresponding tools are in the works. :-)

Lara Dec 28 2022 12:58 AM

Thanks for the new stuff but I have a problem with the new Guyanese Restaurant and the product Guyanese Chicken Curry. It tells me I need 1 more chicken to start the batch and as I have millions of chickens this can't be right so I looked at the ingredients list and the first ingredient is 1 x no image available from (just a blank with nothing there). All the other products seem fine other than for the new ingredients I don't have yet.

ftjill Dec 28 2022 12:58 AM

Chicken not loading in the Guyanese Restaurant

Seems to be a bug in the new release: Chicken not loading in the Guyanese Restaurant

Thanks for the new release! It was a very nice surprise tonight.

Rob T Dec 28 2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 6524430)
Thanks for the new stuff but I have a problem with the new Guyanese Restaurant and the product Guyanese Chicken Curry. It tells me I need 1 more chicken to start the batch and as I have millions of chickens this can't be right so I looked at the ingredients list and the first ingredient is 1 x no image available from (just a blank with nothing there). All the other products seem fine other than for the new ingredients I don't have yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6524434)
Seems to be a bug in the new release: Chicken not loading in the Guyanese Restaurant

Thanks for the new release! It was a very nice surprise tonight.

Hi There,

Thank you for letting us know

We have reported this to the Developers. This should be fixed soon.

buffaloboy Dec 28 2022 01:50 AM

hi,

thanks for the update :)

tino

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...345&farm_ix=43

Bella Bello Dec 28 2022 02:18 AM

Thanks for the update Raul and Team

soulman3854 Dec 28 2022 03:37 AM

what is the missing ingredient in the Cook Up rice
One ingredient is blanked

hilda jean ellis Dec 28 2022 03:53 AM

Thank you for the update :)

Grumpy Old Man 1 Dec 28 2022 05:36 AM

It was a good morning, with the updates it is a GREAT morning. Thanks :-)

piscesfem Dec 28 2022 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulman3854 (Post 6524462)
what is the missing ingredient in the Cook Up rice
One ingredient is blanked

Chicken (appears to be an issue) Logged it under help/support for facilities

Sonytone Dec 28 2022 06:19 AM

Thank you for the update Raul and Team! can't wait!!!

JaggerMister Dec 28 2022 06:44 AM

Now that we FINALLY have Black Eyed Peas in the game, how about some Hoppin' Johns in Grandma's Country Kitchen? It's a dish American Southerners eat on New Years Eve for good luck :)

bjyhey3 Dec 28 2022 09:24 AM

Thank You...very nice update

Qivis Dec 28 2022 09:31 AM

Thanks for the update, Raul. At least with the new real estate expansions I have "only" 35 trillion coins now! :p

Alexm2012 Dec 28 2022 10:12 AM

Why is there no new seed tool just harvest and plow? Aren’t they all normally released together quite sad that’s there’s not

MNWildOne423 Dec 28 2022 11:08 AM

Thanks for the update but no poop bags in the new factory? Maybe for future items!!

sgsmith Dec 28 2022 01:01 PM

Thank you all for all the work. It is very much appreciated.

BostonSidekick Dec 28 2022 01:38 PM

You guys are doing so well with all the updates and even trying to do work arounds for the issue of not being able to send back gifts and not being able to send boosts....but sadly for those of us who STILL did not have the ability to play the game correctly and boost our own ships and send out a gift to someone who did NOT send one to us...this work around is still USELESS! You all say it's FB and when we write to them they don't even BOTHER to answer us....I love FarmTown and want to play properly!!! If someone needs me to send them some chicken then I want to send it without the issues I've been having for over a YEAR now. You jump right on a work around for everyone else who can't send boosts but for us you've given up on the issue...please please fix the original problem for all of us players who are waiting patiently for your help !

AnnaWalls Dec 28 2022 02:53 PM

It's always exciting to see what's new. Thanks

kitteness Dec 28 2022 03:22 PM

ty for update

JethroHill Dec 28 2022 05:07 PM

Thank you team <3

iadiedee Dec 29 2022 07:43 PM

Thank you for putting all you do into this game. Wonderful growth over the years.

Were the unfound items in the Cooperative quests always a shade of green? If that's new, great job! Makes it much easier to see in dim lighting.

Keef Dec 30 2022 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonSidekick (Post 6524606)
You guys are doing so well with all the updates and even trying to do work arounds for the issue of not being able to send back gifts and not being able to send boosts....but sadly for those of us who STILL did not have the ability to play the game correctly and boost our own ships and send out a gift to someone who did NOT send one to us...this work around is still USELESS! You all say it's FB and when we write to them they don't even BOTHER to answer us....I love FarmTown and want to play properly!!! If someone needs me to send them some chicken then I want to send it without the issues I've been having for over a YEAR now. You jump right on a work around for everyone else who can't send boosts but for us you've given up on the issue...please please fix the original problem for all of us players who are waiting patiently for your help !

I have to agree the Devs do a great job with workarounds, but this latest problem on top of the problem of not being able to send out boost requests for my trains or send out gifts from my gift page, I can no longer return gifts or add any new neighbors as i get no names to come up in any sort of list, it is so frustrating for over 18 months, FB has shut down FT twice now for issues in the last few months at the drop of a whim but have not fixed something they caused over 18 months ago, who holds FB responsible, they seem to sweep it under the carpet as it is too hard for them to fix

marylesniak Dec 30 2022 06:36 AM

new tools

I bought the new tool, the Harvester (11x11). I received it on my farm, moved it to my storage and it disappeared. It's been 24 hours and still isn't showing that I bought it.

Tiger Dec 30 2022 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marylesniak (Post 6524870)
I bought the new tool, the Harvester (11x11). I received it on my farm, moved it to my storage and it disappeared. It's been 24 hours and still isn't showing that I bought it.

Hi marylesniask,

Please click on the Account tab above your game screen and then click on Farm Cash Activity Log. That will show you your recent purchases.

You should be able to see that on the 28th you bought a Combine Harvest-Plow (22x22), which is in your Item storage.

You should also be able to se that you did not buy the Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 11x11 which is the new combine.

In order to buy the new Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 11x11, you must first own the Harvester Ex 11 x 11 which you do not own yet.

rodneycs Dec 30 2022 10:14 AM

The Farm Town Pass is a complete waste of money. One month was one month too many. Why are you putting up notices about the Farm Pass, we don't want to see them and we want the yellow lozenge gone as it interferes with planting and harvesting. Why are you trying to discourage farmers from planting?

Bandida Nina Dec 30 2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6524878)
The Farm Town Pass is a complete waste of money. One month was one month too many. Why are you putting up notices about the Farm Pass, we don't want to see them and we want the yellow lozenge gone as it interferes with planting and harvesting. Why are you trying to discourage farmers from planting?

Who is "we"? I (and many of my neighbors) are enjoying the Farm Pass and the benefits we receive from the paid one. I, for one, have never had the "lozenge" interfere with any of my game play. I can see where it has encouraged more interaction with neighbors and other players. So yeah....you do not speak for "we", thank you.

sgladden1 Dec 31 2022 08:39 AM

Trains and Gifts

I posted almost exactly what Boston Sidekicked did the other day, just wanted to say I totally agree. It isn't fair we cannot play a complete game.

Sundos Dec 31 2022 08:50 AM

About the chicken and or missing picture for some.. the "chick" as in baby chicken is the picture on my screen when I go to help a friend in the coop quests. I bought the same chick as in the picture at the store.. I put it on my farm.. but still it says I do not have enough chicken to sell to my friend..
What I am saying is that the picture/Chick asked for is not CHICKEN from the semi.. so maybe this will help the devs to fix this problem ??

Taz D Dec 31 2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundos (Post 6524970)
About the chicken and or missing picture for some.. the "chick" as in baby chicken is the picture on my screen when I go to help a friend in the coop quests. I bought the same chick as in the picture at the store.. I put it on my farm.. but still it says I do not have enough chicken to sell to my friend..
What I am saying is that the picture/Chick asked for is not CHICKEN from the semi.. so maybe this will help the devs to fix this problem ??

Hi Sundos,
This was reported to the developers. I do not know if it has been fixed or not, but even if it has been any quests already open that have that picture in it it instead of the chicken will not get fixed and they will have to let that one expire.

Denise Dianna Dec 31 2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6524878)

The farm pass icon does not interfere with planting or harvesting. I like farm pass and have enjoyed the benefits. Please don't speak for everyone. From what I can see more people like farm pass than don't. 1151 farm pass points is the final score for me. I know I missed a few. I continue even after I get the maximum 600.

bluehair Dec 31 2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseDJ (Post 6524978)
The farm pass icon does not interfere with planting or harvesting. I like farm pass and have enjoyed the benefits. Please don't speak for everyone. From what I can see more people like farm pass than don't. 1151 farm pass points is the final score for me. I know I missed a few. I continue even after I get the maximum 600.

yes agree and while I have only purchased the farm pass once I am enjoying the free rewards such as getting an extra 2FC I Seldom spend actual money playing farm town

edited to add the last time I bought FC was Feb 2022 so almost a year ago..I currently have 100FC but no plans on spending it just yet will just keep earning FC

ijago Jan 04 2023 02:00 PM

these new expansions we cant get much more on the farms not worth the high cost of them

Taz D Jan 05 2023 08:19 PM

Raul has added the following:
Post Release Updates - January 5th, 8:40PM

- Reverted workaround for Facebook bug when sending gifts back and neighbour request, it appears that Facebook has fixed the original bug

- Bugfix: When you have a Trading Warehouse open and someone trades with you the trades you are viewing briefly disappear and then come back again

- Bugfix: Farm Stats not showing the correct order when sorting by Quantity

- Bugfix: Farm Stats sorting option not remembered in current session after changing farms

Please note this is not a fix for the original problem of some not being able to send gifts or train boosts.

TerriFlynn Jan 06 2023 03:35 PM

I bought both of the new EX tools 11 x11but my Super Neighbor is not able to use them, they are grayed out for her. I however, am able to use them. Is this a glitch?

Taz D Jan 06 2023 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerriFlynn (Post 6525518)
I bought both of the new EX tools 11 x11but my Super Neighbor is not able to use them, they are grayed out for her. I however, am able to use them. Is this a glitch?

Hi TerriFlynn,
Try taking those out of your storage, place them on a farm, click the save button then close your farms. Then reopen your farms and put them back in your storage.