View Single Post
Old Mar 01 2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
I didn't say it was a race. I said it was competitive....like games are intended to be. And, nobody can stop another player from leveling, as there are always jobs to be had in the marketplace. If some players choose not to purchase Farm Cash and obtain the 4X4 equipment, that is entirely their choiice. But, as one who did make that investment to enhance my game playing, I will utilize the 4X4 equipment to their maximum. The farmer who hires me is wanting the job done so he/she can plant. I won't keep them waiting. After all, they're competing against their neighbors, and time means money for them.
Time means money at my job. And also on World of Warcraft, but only because the Goblins in Durotar say exactly that ("Time is money, friennnnnd!").

Dude, seriously. Lighten up. This isn't Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft, laser tag or Team Fortress 2. And I've played all those except laser tag :P

I'm not competing against my neighbors.

I don't choose to make this game non-competitive, other CHOOSE to make it comeptptive. There is no prize for being on the top of your friends' ladders other than the bragging rights of being there. There is no prize for having 8 fully expanded farms in a week. There's no prizes dished out for having 50 facilities at max 24/7. If I could quit my job, I could do all that, but who cares? I'm not getting any bouses getting through the game faster.

If anything, this is one of the most cooperative games on Facebook, without the constant begging so many other games demand.

Also, at least I have a couple more expansions to get when I DO hit 185 because they are so expensive. I would positively see no point of putting as much concern into this game if I already had all my farms decorated and expanded, was at level cap, and had so much stuff in storage the servers exploded.

And to be in such a hurry as to get to end game in a few hours' time, then have nothing to do!? OMG, twice as boring. Why would I put money into a game that has no awards for this?

If anything, that'd be really, really boring for me.

So go give yourself a few more grey hairs over this game.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)