View Single Post
Old Jul 10 2016, 04:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
I've seen this addressed in posts as far back as 2009, so I'll add my voice, because hopefully there's strength in numbers at some point.

I just started doing quests last week, today started my 3rd week of doing them, I just do the regular ones (the brown box). I click on the lifeline to see what it is, and sometimes, it's helpful.

But, when it's the "gift" lifeline, I have yet to see it be helpful. I'm sure that the lifeline is most likely generated at random, but can the quest generator know somehow that the tasks it has assigned - the items one has to obtain - are NOT on the gift list? I have yet to get a "gift" lifeline where even ONE item is on the gift list! Either only link that lifeline with quests where at least one item is on the gift list, eliminate that lifeline, or allow things that aren't normally on the gift list to be gifted for quests.

My friends who do co-op quests feel bad for me, because today, the ONLY step I have in my quest is to harvest grapefruit. And my lifeline is the gift lifeline. If it was the worker lifeline, that would've been wonderful, I'm a superneighbor to 2 friends who do co-op quests and they allow me to come to their quest farms and work for what I need, or they post their facilities for me to work. But no one can do anything with that. And tomorrow, while I'm still waiting for my grapefruit trees to harvest, I'll start a new quest, and not be able to have a lifeline, because I have this one open that I can't use.

People have been begging since 2009 to be able to close out a lifeline when it's unusable. This is 7 years later, and I see that that's still not possible. That's kind of ridiculous. There's only two steps to my current quest, neither step can use this lifeline, I should be able to close it out so I can use a lifeline for tomorrow's quest before today's quest is finished. Otherwise, lifelines are useless. I had one gift lifeline on a quest last week, my first week of doing quests, where I couldn't complete the quest because I couldn't purchase the final facility, I couldn't afford the FC facility. And the ENTIRE WEEK, I couldn't use lifelines, because that one was hung up on a quest that was open for an entire week.

If you're going to have lifelines, at least let us close them out if they are inappropriate. Or make sure they are never inappropriate. Why have a gift lifeline on quests where no items are on the gift list? So, that's my suggestion, something needs to be done with those lifelines so that they are appropriate and usable. I don't mean that I need a guarantee that I can use it - I had a lifeline yesterday of being able to buy things I needed in the market, except no one was selling anything - then that's my problem, I had to grow the crops myself. That's fine with me, that's not the same as they were something that couldn't be purchased in the market. All I want is for the lifelines to be appropriate for the quest, and/or give us the ability to close the lifeline before the end of the quest if we can't use it.
Hi farmerKBW,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback thread about quests to answer you. First the quests have not been around since 2009. They were not started until mid 2012.
Gifts are not the only way to use the Gift Lifeline. You can also use the Ingredient Requests to get those items that you can't get from the gift page. For your grapefruit it is used in the herbal tea factory, spa supplies factory, healthy juice stand, and honey derivatives factor. If you have one of those facilities then you can ask for ingredients for any of the products in those facilities that use grapefruit.
The lifelines just like the quests themselves are randomly assigned, which means the program has a random number generator that picks a number between 1 & 3 for the lifelines. There isn't any input way to select by quest, so there is no way to select a lifeline by what type of quest it is.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.