View Single Post
Old Feb 04 2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYoung55 View Post
Sounds like the symptoms of Windows being a bit short of memory. 8Gb is about the minimum for Windows10 which I find to be a bit hungrier than Windows 7 was. Check also that you have a reasonable amount of free space on your disk so Windows has room to dump stuff it is not using out of memory temporarily. Deleting unused files and clearing temporary storage can make a significant difference. Most Laptops won't be able to have extra memory added to them but some can.
It happened to me again a little while ago. I was working as a Super Neighbor in full screen mode. I watched the Memory totals the whole time, that display underneath the neighbor bar. My Web GL 2.0 memory goes up to 512 MB. It never came close to that amount. None of the memory counters went too high. But when I clicked the Farm Town button to exit full screen mode - complete freeze-up. No escape possible. I had to hit the laptop power button and reboot. Again. This is going to be a huge problem for me. I've been playing Farm Town since 2009. I have never, ever had to reboot my computer when I click to exit full screen mode. This HAS to be related to HTML 5/Web GL. I need full screen mode to play... and I must be able to stop playing without crashing my computer.