View Single Post
Old Dec 14 2014, 10:06 PM

I think every person gets what they want from the game. Some like to make it a social event and chat to others... They build up friendships over time, and enjoy both the game and the bonds they build. Others like the challenge of the game and seek to work their farms alone. Same as real life - some are thinkers - some talkers. Some come for the social interaction, while others may enjoy the break from the real world and it's interactions....

There was a good comment above about the inability of using chat in full screen mode. I work my farms in this mode and rarely see the comments. Some have sent messages instead....

Don't think any approach is wrong. Same as some like to make pretty farms - others want production houses. Some like to maximize factories / service facilities - others not so much.

As for me, I come to unwind and play farmtown. I try to maximize my productions and fill everything as much as possible. Post often, and keep myself challenged that way. Not into decorating (although nothing wrong with those that do). I don't really take time to chat it up - but am always respectful of others. Firstly don't like chat messaging.... (much prefer voice). Secondly, it cuts into my farming (and I have so much to do).

Maybe the solution is to find like minded souls out there that share similar interest

SilentOneCanada