View Single Post
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
There's also a trick to help with this: Since our itineraries are based on our "Helpers" - those names listed in the yellow part at the bottom - what I do is each morning when I send out my gifts, I ONLY send gifts to those people who I know are doing ships. Then, at night, right before I'm ready to dispatch my ship, I go accept gifts I've received throughout the day - again, only accepting gifts from those who do ships. I try to get 30 of them if I have that many. When you do that, those people will be the ones on your itinerary. Occasionally I'll have a stray or two get in, but I just skip those and all is well. I've never had to skip more than 3 ports and usually its fewer than that.

Once they do the new ships improvements, we won't have to worry about it and I'll be able to send gifts to everyone again - but this is a cool trick between now and then. I can't take credit for figuring this out. A neighbor told me and it works!
Hi Susan,

Just to be very clear to anyone who reads your post. This is not a "trick". I would not like anyone to think that tricks (making something work other than the way the developers intended it to work, like layering/stacking) can be posted on the open forum as they can not.

As the developers have previously posted, the game will look in the Games Activity Panel for neighbours that have helped you in the past week and then for neighbours by last activity to assign your ships itinerary.

The key is understanding the way the Game Activity Panel beneath your game screen works. Your friends appear in there when they have helped you in some way, whether it be by your accepting a gift from them or them helping you on your farm or working your facilites, sending bonuses, ingredients etc.

As the game first looks in there for your neighbours that have helped you, to help decide your itinerary, any neighbour that has helped in the last week, and is showing up in that panel, is more likely to be chosen for your itinerary. So some of them should show up in your itinerary. If the game can not find enough in there it will still look for neighbours based on last activity date.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 20 2017 at 09:57 AM.