View Single Post
Old Jun 26 2016, 06:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainelogan View Post
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.
Yeah, when I first playing FT, I was afraid to post. So many rules! Of course, the drawback is there's an awful lot you can't find out about the game unless you read the forum. So when I started playing regularly again this year, I made a habit of visiting the forum everyday, signing in, and clicking on "New Posts" at the top of the page. That brings up a list of all the new posts since your last visit, and since players ask the same questions again and again, it doesn't take long to get up to speed. Plus, you figure out where stuff is suppose to go when someone posts something in the wrong place and the mod comes back and says, "I've moved your post to such and such thread..." It works for keeping tabs on your own posts, too.