View Single Post
Old Jun 27 2016, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:
a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well
They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.
bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.
i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey.