View Single Post
Old Jun 28 2016, 04:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.
thank you for taking the time with that Taz as it really clarifies a lot for me. i know time for responses here have to be considered and measured which didn’t help with the earlier influxes of years past.

“ccheneys” views are shared by me and tie into that too; if i’m reading it correctly the tougher measures evolved from the days of more traffic and granted they were certainly needed then.

if there ever is an opportunity to draw some of those punters back or attract new – maybe those tractors wouldn’t be so pricey.