View Single Post
Old Oct 14 2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Hi Rob, Thanks for replying to my question so quickly. Yes, you are right, I did receive a warning three times. The first time was a number of years ago. It was when SK first came down on autoclickers and declared that a person could only use one if the speed was kept down to what a person could manage manually. That first time, I was using the autoclicker set on 10 clicks per second. I received the warning and immediately reduced my speed to 6 clicks per second. I chose 6 clicks per second because I timed myself and was able to do that speed manually. During a fishing expedition, using 6 clicks per second, I was warned again. After my second warning, I again reduced my clicks per second to 4, thinking that that speed should be acceptable. I have been using 4 clicks per second for at least a couple of years now. Most of the time I actually use one click per 30 seconds, but there are times (again fishing) when I prefer to use the 4 clicks per second. So, what speed is acceptable? Molly Mew has a post in the forum stating that autoclickers are OK, so long as the speed is kept down to what can be done manually. I am a Mac user and my mouse is a “magic mouse” which is very sensitive and clicks quite rapidly. Does this mean that I need to get myself an outdated and clunky mouse in order to “click more slowly” and then measure how fast I can click manually with that outdated mouse and then use that speed? The other thing that I have to say is that my warnings did not refer to an auto clicker, but to a bot, which I do not use.

As an aside, one of my FT neighbors is a ham radio operator. He too was "warned" about clicking too quickly and accused of using a bot. He was not even using an autoclicker, just manually clicking quickly as he does when he sends Morse code.
I really do understand what you are saying, but as i said to you in PM, my hands are tied, it's beyond the forum abilities to lift a ban, we are just farm town players like you that have freely given their time to help others. Support are the only ones that can do this. I wish i could do more, but i can't. and i am sorry for that.

i would like to add tho... i would suggest maybe setting it to 2 clicks.. 4 is hard to maintain for anyone, and could trigger it again.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support