Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 13 2024, 05:09 PM

Default Hiring in the Market

This is the third time this has happened to me in the last month and I'm tired of it. I hired someone to work my farms in the morning. I waited for the 30 seconds and the bar with their name went yellow. I then hired another person. I got back to my farm immediately and the second person is working away when the first person (the one that went yellow) shows up on my farm and begins working. I told them to STOP and leave as their job had been "refused" (that's what the Yellow bar means, right?). They got very upset, calling me rude, and other things. Seriously, if the yellow bar doesn't stop them and I have no "firing" capability, what can I do? Nothing. Make the yellow bar cancel the request or give me a "fire" key. I'm tired of rude farmers horning in after they've already said they don't want the job.
Old Jan 13 2024, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted Jim View Post
This is the third time this has happened to me in the last month and I'm tired of it. I hired someone to work my farms in the morning. I waited for the 30 seconds and the bar with their name went yellow. I then hired another person. I got back to my farm immediately and the second person is working away when the first person (the one that went yellow) shows up on my farm and begins working. I told them to STOP and leave as their job had been "refused" (that's what the Yellow bar means, right?). They got very upset, calling me rude, and other things. Seriously, if the yellow bar doesn't stop them and I have no "firing" capability, what can I do? Nothing. Make the yellow bar cancel the request or give me a "fire" key. I'm tired of rude farmers horning in after they've already said they don't want the job.
Hi Jim,
I moved your post to the thread for discussion about hiring.
The yellow bar does not mean they have refused the hire. It means they did not respond within 30 seconds. Only the Pop up that shows tells you they refused the job. It is possible if they did not see the hire pop up immediately that they can still accept the job. It is supposed to expire after another time period, but exactly the amount of time we don't know for sure. So they are not horning in after they have refused the job because they have not done so.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 17 2024, 08:54 PM

Why when you hire you try to hire someone and it turns yellow so you hire someone else can the first person still be able to accept. It messes up the hiring process. If it turns yellow they should not then come back several minutes later and start working.
Old Jan 17 2024, 09:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
Why when you hire you try to hire someone and it turns yellow so you hire someone else can the first person still be able to accept. It messes up the hiring process. If it turns yellow they should not then come back several minutes later and start working.
Hi Redjade,
It happens because the hire request has not gone away at the time it turns yellow. It does not get removed for them for a couple minutes, so it is not working the way it should. It could have to do with lag in that they don't get the request at the time it is sent, but get it lagged behind.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 17 2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jul 16 2024, 11:52 PM

I'm not entirely sure if this is the place to question but it at least fits the theme a little while ago (week or two idk) I went to hire someone and there was a farm or something where I couldn't select because one category wasn't ready (say I have crops and trees on the same farm one or the other wasn't ready) but I did have multi-farms and multi-tasks (think others needed chopping or crops) yet for some reason I wasn't allowed to choose that farm... I think I eventually figured out why the game was being fussy or just chose not to select that task or that farm for the moment....

Yet fast forward to yesterday (and I have experienced it a few times) I had someone hire me for like all tasks (or almost all) on two farms and yet neither farm actually had any work for me? How was this even possible? Also I have a feeling this person has tried hiring me a few times and it's something I encounter with them a bit... I did take time to send a message to let them know the farms they hired me for had no work (in case they somehow assigned me the wrong numbers so they can at least select someone for the correct farms and/or so they don't assume I'm not doing my job if I was somehow hired for the wrong farms)
The same applies for when people hire me who assign multiple tasks yet you end up never doing a certain task.

Is the hiring practice a little buggy perhaps?

(Also note: I do understand and support the fact we definitely shouldn't be allowed to assign tasks and/or farms that aren't usable/workable - imagine searching through 47 farms assigned only to find 5 workable ones with like 5 scattered trees lol - that I think has happened to me also lol)
Old Jul 17 2024, 10:10 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 View Post
I'm not entirely sure if this is the place to question but it at least fits the theme a little while ago (week or two idk) I went to hire someone and there was a farm or something where I couldn't select because one category wasn't ready (say I have crops and trees on the same farm one or the other wasn't ready) but I did have multi-farms and multi-tasks (think others needed chopping or crops) yet for some reason I wasn't allowed to choose that farm... I think I eventually figured out why the game was being fussy or just chose not to select that task or that farm for the moment....

Yet fast forward to yesterday (and I have experienced it a few times) I had someone hire me for like all tasks (or almost all) on two farms and yet neither farm actually had any work for me? How was this even possible? Also I have a feeling this person has tried hiring me a few times and it's something I encounter with them a bit... I did take time to send a message to let them know the farms they hired me for had no work (in case they somehow assigned me the wrong numbers so they can at least select someone for the correct farms and/or so they don't assume I'm not doing my job if I was somehow hired for the wrong farms)
The same applies for when people hire me who assign multiple tasks yet you end up never doing a certain task.

Is the hiring practice a little buggy perhaps?

(Also note: I do understand and support the fact we definitely shouldn't be allowed to assign tasks and/or farms that aren't usable/workable - imagine searching through 47 farms assigned only to find 5 workable ones with like 5 scattered trees lol - that I think has happened to me also lol)

Hi illusions_fan1,

It's sounding like those that are hiring you may not be making use of the Show Work Info before they hire a farmer, to know which farms have work on them and what jobs there are to do before sending a hire request. It's possible that they may not know about that feature or may have forgotten about it. There isn't any way we can determine for you if that was the case when you were hired.

The game can only detect when the first farm you are hired to work doesn't have any work on it that you were hired to do. It doesn't detect that for every single farm and job you were hired for. Forcing it to do that when we have much bigger farms these days, far more farms than the earlier days of Farm Town plus the fact that a lot of farmers love to have every farm expanded to maximum with a massive amount of workable items is quite a considerable amount of data requiring an instant or constant update. Allowing that to happen would slow down the hiring process and the game for everyone. High end processes like Show Work Info which can be used to get the information any farmer needs to hire or see where their it farm work is, do have time limits on how often they will update to prevent the game slowing down for everyone.

A couple of examples for you on when the game can or can not detect when there is work on a farm for the farm owner hiring:
  1. If a worker was hired for all jobs on farms 1 through to 4 but there was no work on farm 1 and that was the first farm they would get sent to, then the game would detect that and tell the farmer owner and they could then change the hire request.

2. If a worker is hired for the exact same things, same farms, there was work on farm 1, 3 and 4 but none on farm 2, then the worker still get the hire request for all 4 farms and would still be given farm 2 even though there is no work there.

Other things related to this kind of issue that farmers could consider when hiring are things like:
  • was the game reloaded before the farm owner went to hire
  • was show work info being used to determine exactly what work was available and where and did they use that information correctly when selecting both the types of jobs and the specific farm before sending the request.
  • if there are super neighbours that could have done the work before a hired worker got to that farm to work it.
  • if a farm is Private, then no-one can be hired for that farm

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 18 2024, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi illusions_fan1,

It's sounding like those that are hiring you may not be making use of the Show Work Info before they hire a farmer, to know which farms have work on them and what jobs there are to do before sending a hire request. It's possible that they may not know about that feature or may have forgotten about it. There isn't any way we can determine for you if that was the case when you were hired.

The game can only detect when the first farm you are hired to work doesn't have any work on it that you were hired to do. It doesn't detect that for every single farm and job you were hired for. Forcing it to do that when we have much bigger farms these days, far more farms than the earlier days of Farm Town plus the fact that a lot of farmers love to have every farm expanded to maximum with a massive amount of workable items is quite a considerable amount of data requiring an instant or constant update. Allowing that to happen would slow down the hiring process and the game for everyone. High end processes like Show Work Info which can be used to get the information any farmer needs to hire or see where their it farm work is, do have time limits on how often they will update to prevent the game slowing down for everyone.

A couple of examples for you on when the game can or can not detect when there is work on a farm for the farm owner hiring:
  1. If a worker was hired for all jobs on farms 1 through to 4 but there was no work on farm 1 and that was the first farm they would get sent to, then the game would detect that and tell the farmer owner and they could then change the hire request.

2. If a worker is hired for the exact same things, same farms, there was work on farm 1, 3 and 4 but none on farm 2, then the worker still get the hire request for all 4 farms and would still be given farm 2 even though there is no work there.

Other things related to this kind of issue that farmers could consider when hiring are things like:
  • was the game reloaded before the farm owner went to hire
  • was show work info being used to determine exactly what work was available and where and did they use that information correctly when selecting both the types of jobs and the specific farm before sending the request.
  • if there are super neighbours that could have done the work before a hired worker got to that farm to work it.
  • if a farm is Private, then no-one can be hired for that farm
Thanks Tiger that's all very handy information to know! Although I am not 100 percent certain it applies to the hire I got 2 days ago only due to the fact it was 2 farms and both were already done That said maybe it's possible they had asked someone first who hadn't responded quick enough to their request so the person hired me and in the time it took for them to organize hiring me the original person ended up accepting and managed to it all before my request came through or something similar. As it was only 2 farms it might be possible to do it rather quickly.
Old Jul 18 2024, 09:08 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 View Post
Thanks Tiger that's all very handy information to know! Although I am not 100 percent certain it applies to the hire I got 2 days ago only due to the fact it was 2 farms and both were already done That said maybe it's possible they had asked someone first who hadn't responded quick enough to their request so the person hired me and in the time it took for them to organize hiring me the original person ended up accepting and managed to it all before my request came through or something similar. As it was only 2 farms it might be possible to do it rather quickly.
Hi illusions_fan1,

It's possible, 2 farms can be done very very fast. There's no way to determine what actually happened. There are all sorts of possibilities. The farm owner would be more likely to have an idea of what may have happened.

Perhaps the the original worker didn't seem to be working, so the farm owner thought there was a problem and hired again. With it only being 2 farms I doubt they would have wanted to go to the trouble of trying to send the worker a message to find out if there were any problems.

I know I have had some replies from workers and something in real life just picked that moment to make them need to pause playing thinking they wouldn't be long at all. As I wasn't in any hurry for the farm work to be completed I had time to wait longer to see if they would start work or would reply to a message sent to them.

It could also have been a mistake by the farm owner and they didn't intend to hire for the same farms.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.