Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Default Not receiving code, can't buy FC

I'm trying to buy farm cash using my credit card. First it tried to send a code to my house phone which, of course, didn't work. Thankfully, it gave the option to send to my email instead, so I clicked on that.
Have had the code resent half a dozen times in the past half hour but still have not received it.
I have triple checked to make sure the email is correct, and I keep refreshing my email page, but still nothing. (Not in spam folder either.)
Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
I'm trying to buy farm cash using my credit card. First it tried to send a code to my house phone which, of course, didn't work. Thankfully, it gave the option to send to my email instead, so I clicked on that.
Have had the code resent half a dozen times in the past half hour but still have not received it.
I have triple checked to make sure the email is correct, and I keep refreshing my email page, but still nothing. (Not in spam folder either.)
Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?
Hi GrammieRee,
Which one are you trying to go through? Paypal or Stripe?
Have you checked your spam folder to see if the codes went there?

Do you have a cell phone as they would be able to send you a text message with the code?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Hey Taz
I'm not really sure what "stripe" is, but I always used to buy FC with my Discover card w/no problem, so that's what I was trying to do. Figured if it didn't accept Discover, I could use a diff card. But I never got to find out if they'll take Discover or not because I can't get the code in my email. My cell# isn't on there and Idk how to put it on there.
But the code should have come to my email. I had it sent numerous times. And no, it's not in my spam folder either.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Don't worry about it.. I just went through PayPal. At least I was able to get that to go through. Thanks anyway, Taz!
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hey Taz
I'm not really sure what "stripe" is, but I always used to buy FC with my Discover card w/no problem, so that's what I was trying to do. Figured if it didn't accept Discover, I could use a diff card. But I never got to find out if they'll take Discover or not because I can't get the code in my email. My cell# isn't on there and Idk how to put it on there.
But the code should have come to my email. I had it sent numerous times. And no, it's not in my spam folder either.
Hi GrammieRee,
How are you getting to the page to buy Farm Cash? You have to go through the Bank in the Map to buy. Select the amount and then choose either PayPal if you have an account with them or Stripe to use cards directly.

They may have sent it to your email, but your email rejected it. If you have a cell phone then give them that number instead of your home phone number. Stripe is the one that handles all of that. It is not handled by Slashkey.

EDIT: I just checked your account and you purchased 250 farm cash just a few minutes ago.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Yesterday at 11:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM

I just clicked on the FC I already had and it gave a pop up with choice to pay via PayPal or Stripe. Since I wanted to use my credit card, I chose Stripe. That took me to the page that asked for my email address at the top.
As soon as I put in my email address I get a pop up with them trying to send a code to my house phone, and the option to have it sent to my email instead. When I click on that, I get a pop up asking me to verify the number they have (which, of course, is my house phone) so they know it's really me before sending the code to my email.
There is no place to put in a cell phone number unless I'm supposed to overwrite the 800 number at the bottom of the form? I never got to fill out the form w/my credit card info etc. because it starts those pop ups as soon as I put in my email address.
I will go back to the page again and see what happens if I fill out the form first and put my cell# where the 800# is, before entering my email address...
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I just clicked on the FC I already had and it gave a pop up with choice to pay via PayPal or Stripe. Since I wanted to use my credit card, I chose Stripe. That took me to the page that asked for my email address at the top.
As soon as I put in my email address I get a pop up with them trying to send a code to my house phone, and the option to have it sent to my email instead. When I click on that, I get a pop up asking me to verify the number they have (which, of course, is my house phone) so they know it's really me before sending the code to my email.
There is no place to put in a cell phone number unless I'm supposed to overwrite the 800 number at the bottom of the form? I never got to fill out the form w/my credit card info etc. because it starts those pop ups as soon as I put in my email address.
I will go back to the page again and see what happens if I fill out the form first and put my cell# where the 800# is, before entering my email address...
Hi GrammieRee,

Next time you want to try using a card replace the home phone number with your cell phone number. A code can not be sent to a home phone because they don't have text capability. You should be able to highlight the number they have in that spot and change it.

What it is trying to do is set you up for the Link which encrypts all your information when it is transmitted to them to protect your card.
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Okay, so went back through to the Stripe page, skipped my email, put in my credit card number, name, zip code, etc. and I put my cell# where the 800# was at the bottom of the form. THEN I put in my email, hoping it would give me the option to have the code sent to my cell number. NOPE! It immediately rang my house phone again. But the good news is, instead of blocking the call as it had been doing, my phone rang and I answered it, and a recording gave me that super double secret code! WooHoo!
To make sure it was all saved for future purchases, I went ahead and bought another $250 FC even though I had already bought $250 via PayPal. lol
At least now it is working with no fuss, so even my husband can easily use it to by FC too!
Old Today, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi GrammieRee,

Next time you want to try using a card replace the home phone number with your cell phone number. A code can not be sent to a home phone because they don't have text capability. You should be able to highlight the number they have in that spot and change it.
I didn't put my home number on it anywhere, and it isn't shown anywhere for me to change it. That number obviously is connected to my email address because they immediately called my house phone as soon as I put my email address in. And when I wanted it to send the code to my email instead, another pop up asked me to verify the phone number they already have for me. I don't see any place to add or change my number except where that 800# is at the bottom of the form. And I put my cell# in there but that was ignored.
Old Today, 12:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I didn't put my home number on it anywhere, and it isn't shown anywhere for me to change it. That number obviously is connected to my email address because they immediately called my house phone as soon as I put my email address in. And when I wanted it to send the code to my email instead, another pop up asked me to verify the phone number they already have for me. I don't see any place to add or change my number except where that 800# is at the bottom of the form. And I put my cell# in there but that was ignored.
Hi GrammieRee,
Then I don't know what to tell you as that is not in Slashkey's control. Maybe call the 800 number when you get to that page to see about changing the number. As far as your email address it is probably that your email provider rejected those emails.
If you wish you can contact Support about this and see if there is something more they can tell you. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Tags
buy cash, buy fc, can't buy fc, can't purchase fc, coins, farm cash, farm cash purchase, missing coins, missing farm cash, missing fc, purchase farm cash