Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 29 2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesfem View Post
Ah, ok....Yea it would be for a quest, thanx!
You are welcome piscesfem
Old Aug 01 2024, 06:24 AM

Hi All,
I just wanted to add that, this morning, I had the case of loosing all gifts again, despite the fact that there was a seasonal gift remaining in 'My Gifts' tab.
I exchanged 5 gifts into banana trees and accepted them.
*Poof* they were all gone! There was nothing to collect in the My Gifts tab.
So frustrating!!!
OK it is not a drama to loose 5 banana trees, but the problem still exists.
I don't know if I still have to report this. I did it several times in the past, for my farm and for another account.
But there seems no solution. I know you guys can't help us with this.
I can only indicate that it only happens with the gifts we are asking for.
If neighbours/buddies sent us a gift they choose themself from the gifts list we can collect them all.
The issue is somewhere in the procedure of the 5 gifts we can ask for. There seems to be the problem.

Hi Taz, yes it helps, but we still can loose "a few" gifts.
But this way we can prevent that all accepted gifts disappear.
I had the case many times, then started to keep 1 gift in the 'My Gifts' tab. Occasionally a few gifts still disappear but it is worth doing this "work around".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Kevat,

Some have said if you leave 1 gift, something you don't want to use like a holiday gift, in your gift box then the others won't disappear. I can not say if this works or not as I have never had the problem and have not tried that.

Last edited by Palmarina; Aug 09 2024 at 12:47 AM. Reason: correction
Old Aug 05 2024, 03:49 PM

Taz.
Just to let you know I have found the same as Palmarina. So yes it definitely helps a lot.
Thanks again for the info.
Old Aug 14 2024, 12:14 PM

Hi, it is me again re. the disappearing of gifts.
I did some tests.

The problem occurs when we demand a certain gift. Usually we send out 5 requests of the same item, right? When our neighbours/buddies click on the 5 links we receive them, eventually exchange them and accept them. But then a certain amount can not be collected OR they all disappear completely.

Well, I tested a few things and found a work around:
First thing is to keep a seasonal item in the 'My Gifts' tab. This was suggested by another person and most of the time it helps.
Then, what I tested: In the morning I send out 5 requests for different items (tree,meat,flower,product,crop). Evening, when viewing the Pending Gifts, I exchange them all for that 1 item I need. Et voila ... all pending gifts are collected. Not one is missing.
It might be interesting if other people check this out too.

I will send this to helpdesk too.
Old Aug 16 2024, 09:29 PM

Default Please help an OCD farmer trying to collect the right amount of animal gifts

Ok, so I guess I'm being OCD but once we got our premium fodder factory, I've become obsessed with getting absolutely every animal I can in every animal facility. I LOVE how it works now with animals you buy! It calculates how many animals you can use on THAT farm and lets you buy only that amount. My OCD self is happy.

But the GIFTS! One thing about OCD is that you're super picky about some things and totally have no patience for others. So I know I COULD see how many animals are in that shed, count out that number of animals to exchange, and all is good. But I don't. I just use exchange all, and although I treated Squeak to the Add Animals to Buildings in bulk tool, she does NOT have the add item to Storage in Bulk tool, so she's kind stuck. She ended up with 264 extra Clydesdales that she doesn't have a stable for (I bought her one new Stable but didn't feel I could spring for more.) She did NOT like constantly having the gift box show a counter so the only other option would be to put them on the farm. So now she has 264 extra Clydesdales running around which isn't exactly appealing. I know I can add them to Storage one at a time, but I thought I'd post here to see if there's another solution I'm missing.

Thanks,

Farmer Susan, trying to help Farmer Squeak on a limited budget

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.

Farmer Squeak didn't really get started until the web game was ready. Her Facebook Account didn't work. She's been going great guns since then, though!
Old Aug 16 2024, 09:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok, so I guess I'm being OCD but once we got our premium fodder factory, I've become obsessed with getting absolutely every animal I can in every animal facility. I LOVE how it works now with animals you buy! It calculates how many animals you can use on THAT farm and lets you buy only that amount. My OCD self is happy.

But the GIFTS! One thing about OCD is that you're super picky about some things and totally have no patience for others. So I know I COULD see how many animals are in that shed, count out that number of animals to exchange, and all is good. But I don't. I just use exchange all, and although I treated Squeak to the Add Animals to Buildings in bulk tool, she does NOT have the add item to Storage in Bulk tool, so she's kind stuck. She ended up with 264 extra Clydesdales that she doesn't have a stable for (I bought her one new Stable but didn't feel I could spring for more.) She did NOT like constantly having the gift box show a counter so the only other option would be to put them on the farm. So now she has 264 extra Clydesdales running around which isn't exactly appealing. I know I can add them to Storage one at a time, but I thought I'd post here to see if there's another solution I'm missing.

Thanks,

Farmer Susan, trying to help Farmer Squeak on a limited budget
Hi Farmer Susan,
If you want to make a suggestion about this plaease post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
There isn't any other way to store animals if you don't own the bulk store.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 16 2024, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Hi Farmer Susan,
If you want to make a suggestion about this plaease post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
There isn't any other way to store animals if you don't own the bulk store.
Ok, thanks. But I just noticed that I ALSO have this issue on Farmer Susan's account and I DO have the bulk store. But it doesn't seem to work on the Gift Box. I have 246 Turkeys in my Gift Box - do I have to put all of them on a farm and then use the bulk store tool?

I saw something in the last release about improvements in the Gift Box? Does that apply here?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Squeak didn't really get started until the web game was ready. Her Facebook Account didn't work. She's been going great guns since then, though!
Old Aug 16 2024, 10:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok, thanks. But I just noticed that I ALSO have this issue on Farmer Susan's account and I DO have the bulk store. But it doesn't seem to work on the Gift Box. I have 246 Turkeys in my Gift Box - do I have to put all of them on a farm and then use the bulk store tool?

I saw something in the last release about improvements in the Gift Box? Does that apply here?
Hi Susan,
Yes you would have to put them on the farm first, then use the tower crtane to add them to your storage. They can not be stored directly from the gift box.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 17 2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hi Susan,
Yes you would have to put them on the farm first, then use the tower crtane to add them to your storage. They can not be stored directly from the gift box.
Ok, thanks. Not the answer I hoped for but glad to know I wasn't missing something. Will probably add it to Suggestions later.

Farmer Squeak

Old Aug 29 2024, 02:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

After clearning memcache, I was doing gifting just a few minutes ago. I ended up sending 1 gift per set of people (neighbors, buddies). I check the Facebook Friends which usually says there are none but this time it came up with a whole bunch. Went through the other options, all nothing, until I came to those who have me as neighbor (there were maybe 10 before) and there were probably 15-20 names in there. What am I doing wrong? I cleared the memcache 4 times. I think gifts were sent but just not sure. Would someone give me a little guidance here? Is there a problem now with sending the 5 gifts? I do it so it cleans out the Other Requests on the Wall. Thanks!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 29 2024 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Removed instructions for sending multiple gifts

Tags
bugs and glitches, flowers, fuel, gifts, gifts issues, help & support