Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 29 2010, 10:57 PM

About the newest update: The new choices in crops are pleasant. What is NOT PLEASANT is the arbitrary curtailment of my choice of produced products by forcibly shutting down functions of the utilities. No one can flood the market by instantly producing cheese, cheesecake, apple pies, or anything else. The factories are not designed that way. If I have a harvest of apples in storage, with sugar and flour at the ready, it is my right to choose to make apple pie rather than apple juice. I will only be able to release the pies to the market at the rate of production.
Old Apr 29 2010, 11:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down Friends are still missing

I have been trying to purchase my 3rd farm for over a week and everytime I go, it tells me that I need 30 friends..WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I had 61 friends until Farmtown lost them in the process of updating another farm or at least that is what I was told in an email I recieved 4 or 5 days ago. I have been patient enough, worked hard and long enough to get where I am and this issue HAS NOT been resolved...Why are you creating NEW items (food processing plants etc.,) when you can't even keep up with past issues? THIS IS NOT FAIR TO those of us whom have played since day 1, myself included and I refuse to play again until my 46 MISSING FRIENDS are put back on my farm.. I have notified these friends and WILL continue to do so on a daily basis on my WALL until this issue is corrected..They are willing to stop playing at the same time and also notify their friends who will then notify their friends until there are many many many people NOT playing. With all the new games on facebook, we can certainly get involved in others with less issues ie Farmville, Country Life, etc., and we will. THIS IS NOT FAIR...AND OF COURSE THERE IS NO STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED...GET A GRIP FARMTOWN AND GET THE OLD ISSUES IRONED OUT BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW ONES...OH YEA,YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROCESSING CAN BE DONE AT ONE TIME..
PATRICIA
Old Apr 29 2010, 11:51 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
Nobody's forcing you to add them to your farm(s).
Neither of us said or suggested that anybody was. We are simply expressing our opinion about the designs of the new facilities, which is a perfectly valid thing to do.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 29 2010, 11:57 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshiner View Post
So - you don't believe in Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald ? Ha Ha maybe Farm Town IS your reality LOL
Maybe Disneyland is yours!
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 30 2010, 12:12 AM

How do you get/make the bread? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.
Old Apr 30 2010, 12:13 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTownNewbie View Post
If you noticed a few months ago when new trees came in i.e. dogwood, cherry, poplar - the art style changed quite a bit. Those trees don't really "go" with the original tree illustrations. The devs possibly lost their original designer. I didn't like the lack of consistency either.

But the factories aren't something one would find on a farm, so why should they match the wood slat farm buildings? We have buildings this tacky in the states, some much worse! I thought these FT creations were so ugly I set up my second farm with nothing but factories and restaurants! I'm even polluting streams and pond, just like real life, lol!

But hey, other farmers just cleverly hide them in the trees - they don't look so bad then.

Well I'm off to have pizza for breakfast and do a spot of fishing! Have a great day!
Factories are one thing, but a sandwich shop is not a factory. My first farm has a house which has always been intended as a tea shop, and also a bakery. It is intended to be something of a village. But I would be embarrassed to have that silly sandwich shop there.

I'm fine not owning the sandwich shop. I have dairy, sugar, and ice cream facilities (dairy and sugar being necessary to make my bakery items), and I too put them on a separate farm. They look, more or less, appropriately industrial. I think the concept of the facilities is absolutely great. But I care how my farms look, and if the current graphic trends continue for the facilities, I won't be buying them. Just sayin', don't expect that anybody has to agree with me, okay?
Visit 's Farm

Last edited by earlgray; Apr 30 2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old Apr 30 2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgSullie View Post
How do you get/make the bread? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.
You bake the bread in the bakery using wheat which you've harvested and processed into flour in your windmill.
Old Apr 30 2010, 12:32 AM

Level:
XP:
Default FT "reality" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshiner View Post
So - you don't believe in Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald ? Ha Ha maybe Farm Town IS your reality LOL
Now who doesn't believe in Mickey Mouse and Ronald McDonald Actually I work as a computer consultant and live in a rural area in the Pacific Northwest where on weekends I enjoy hiking in the real mountains and fishing in a very real river. Not a city gal So guess my model for the FT layouts is the beautiful area where I live and "play." Overall, lots of kudos to the FT developers for their excellent graphics design and for the fact that the application basically runs smoothly despite its complexity.
Old Apr 30 2010, 12:41 AM

Level:
XP:
Smile Re Appearance of Some Facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Factories are one thing, but a sandwich shop is not a factory. My first farm has a house which has always been intended as a tea shop, and also a bakery. It is intended to be something of a village. But I would be embarrassed to have that silly sandwich shop there.

I'm fine not owning the sandwich shop. I have dairy, sugar, and ice cream facilities (dairy and sugar being necessary to make my bakery items), and I too put them on a separate farm. They look, more or less (although not entirely), appropriately industrial. I think the concept of the facilities is absolutely great. But I care how my farms look, and if the current graphic trends continue for the facilities, I won't be buying them. Just sayin', don't expect that anybody has to agree with me, okay?
As I commented on one of your posts yesterday, Jasmine, you have at least one person who agrees. Another person remarked that there actually are some sandwich places in parts of the US that look as funny as the new FT sandwich shop, true, but generally those aren't found in really, really small rural towns or villages even here. But the funny sandwich shop is okay for players who like it and maybe one of these days the developers will add a coffee shop, tea shop or regular restaurant for the rest of us. And, yes, just a comment. We all have our varied opinions
Old Apr 30 2010, 12:50 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't think you can blame FT for the FB problem of losing lots of neighbours. We all went through the same thing when FB did an upgrade, it happens from time to time and there's nothing you can do about it.

You just have to resend neighbour requests to all of your friends again, bit of a nuisance but heck I'm just pleased I can keep on playing and it wasn't my farm that was lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaileia16 View Post
I have been trying to purchase my 3rd farm for over a week and everytime I go, it tells me that I need 30 friends..WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I had 61 friends until Farmtown lost them in the process of updating another farm or at least that is what I was told in an email I recieved 4 or 5 days ago. I have been patient enough, worked hard and long enough to get where I am and this issue HAS NOT been resolved...Why are you creating NEW items (food processing plants etc.,) when you can't even keep up with past issues? THIS IS NOT FAIR TO those of us whom have played since day 1, myself included and I refuse to play again until my 46 MISSING FRIENDS are put back on my farm.. I have notified these friends and WILL continue to do so on a daily basis on my WALL until this issue is corrected..They are willing to stop playing at the same time and also notify their friends who will then notify their friends until there are many many many people NOT playing. With all the new games on facebook, we can certainly get involved in others with less issues ie Farmville, Country Life, etc., and we will. THIS IS NOT FAIR...AND OF COURSE THERE IS NO STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED...GET A GRIP FARMTOWN AND GET THE OLD ISSUES IRONED OUT BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW ONES...OH YEA,YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROCESSING CAN BE DONE AT ONE TIME..
PATRICIA