Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

This could have already been pointed out (I don't have time right now to read back), but there is a problem with the crops. My friend and I farm together. She just called me to come harvest her wheat. She saw the wheat as ready and yellow and she could harvest it. I saw her wheat as still green and it told me she still had 15.9 hours left even tho she was harvesting at the time. These crops had NOT been watered with the mobile sprinkler.

So we went to my farm where I had tomatoes ready. We both saw them as ready to harvest (they had been sprinkled), but when I put out the hire order, I got the message saying I had to wait until crops were ready before hiring someone to harvest.
I used "crops and trees" not the crops only and it worked...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I made a mistake and bought the new improved brown sprinkler as well as the new red one, suddenly realised I already had a brown one in storage...sent an email off to slashkey and they refunded the 45fc to my farm ....luv those guys!!!....now just have to figure out how to work the darn thing..have crops ready but won't let me hire anyone...aarrggg..its a problem as we have no way of knowing how long till we can water a crop...it needs to be "improved"...the manure spreader shows how much time the farm is fertilised for...this irrigations thing needs to show the time as well..lol

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:09 PM

same problem here. tried to hire someone to harvest flowers because they were ready and she said it still showed as 49 minutes left and wouldn't let her harvest. I was able to harvest myself just fine. The flowers were not irrigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

This could have already been pointed out (I don't have time right now to read back), but there is a problem with the crops. My friend and I farm together. She just called me to come harvest her wheat. She saw the wheat as ready and yellow and she could harvest it. I saw her wheat as still green and it told me she still had 15.9 hours left even tho she was harvesting at the time. These crops had NOT been watered with the mobile sprinkler.

So we went to my farm where I had tomatoes ready. We both saw them as ready to harvest (they had been sprinkled), but when I put out the hire order, I got the message saying I had to wait until crops were ready before hiring someone to harvest.
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:10 PM

nothing but problems with the new mobile sprinkler -- seemed like such a good idea, but while some of the irrigated crops show "W" with mouse over, some don't, even if it shows reduced time. And it doesn't cut harvest time in half as per the announcement -- normal harvest of green grapes is 1 day (24 hours) So why is it that upon planting, the mouse over says 19.8 hours remaining? My rudimentary grasp of math tells me that half of 24 is 12 hours, not 19.8. Can you explain?
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:11 PM

With the red sprinkler, can you only use it once per farm, per day?
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:16 PM

The reason that with a 1 day crop it says 19.8 hours is that a FarmTown day is only 20 hours. A 2 day crop is not 48 hours, but 40, 3 days are 60, 4 days are 80 and 5 day is 100 hours.
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:42 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomh View Post
nothing but problems with the new mobile sprinkler -- seemed like such a good idea, but while some of the irrigated crops show "W" with mouse over, some don't, even if it shows reduced time. And it doesn't cut harvest time in half as per the announcement -- normal harvest of green grapes is 1 day (24 hours) So why is it that upon planting, the mouse over says 19.8 hours remaining? My rudimentary grasp of math tells me that half of 24 is 12 hours, not 19.8. Can you explain?
Just checked on the cotton I planted about an hour ago (normal harvest time days) and the screen said 3.2 days remaining - not exactly half, now is it? Also, it's a real hassle to have to move sprinkler in and out of storage to use in each farm. I'm upset that I paid all those fcs for essentially nothing but trouble.
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomh View Post
Just checked on the cotton I planted about an hour ago (normal harvest time days) and the screen said 3.2 days remaining - not exactly half, now is it? Also, it's a real hassle to have to move sprinkler in and out of storage to use in each farm. I'm upset that I paid all those fcs for essentially nothing but trouble.
I'm also having problems with the Sprinkler

You don't have to move the Sprinkler in and out of storage, leave it in storage and use in from within the toolbox or whatever the call it :-) Where the facility manager is
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:52 PM

I have the brown sprinkler and the red sprinkler. I planted a 4x4 square of raspberries to test it. It immediately told me that the raspberries would be ready in 59 minutes. I was so excited. On further examination, I have realized my brown sprinkler is no longer available to use even though it is still in my storage. This is forcing me to cut growing time in half for crops on any farm I water my flowers. Though this will be wonderful in some situations, with a busy schedule, I often plant the longer growers...I liked the option to choose which sprinkler to use. I hope that they make both available when they fix the harvesting bug I have been reading about. No one but myself can harvest them and it appears that the time to waste is shortened as well.
Old Aug 30 2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecraftsalot View Post
I have the brown sprinkler and the red sprinkler. I planted a 4x4 square of raspberries to test it. It immediately told me that the raspberries would be ready in 59 minutes. I was so excited. On further examination, I have realized my brown sprinkler is no longer available to use even though it is still in my storage. This is forcing me to cut growing time in half for crops on any farm I water my flowers. Though this will be wonderful in some situations, with a busy schedule, I often plant the longer growers...I liked the option to choose which sprinkler to use. I hope that they make both available when they fix the harvesting bug I have been reading about. No one but myself can harvest them and it appears that the time to waste is shortened as well.
I agree, we don't always want our growing time cut in half!!! PLEASE give us the Option of the Red or Brown Sprinkler.................
Closed Thread