Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

this new way of harvesting and plowing is absolutely rediculous!!!! It is way too time consuming. Instead of placing all these rediculous constraints on people why don't you make it a limit of how many people can be hired to harvest a field to like maybe 3 people at the most at one time. That way there shouldn't be any "running into" each other...or overlapping. These people who think they need to hire 10 people to harvest a 20 plot field is rediculous.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:59 PM

I wholeheartedly agree - hire one or two people only
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamfosterling View Post
this new way is ridiculous for workers who are consistenly fast and accurate
I totally agree. I actually quit a harvesting job tonight because it was so slow. I had no clue what was going on. This is horrible and will slow MANY people down that they get bored.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Terrible changes

I realize there were problems before, but the new method of harvesting/plowing just stinks. It's slow, jerky, and hard to adjust to. I used to enjoy watching my avatar walk around cleaning up all the fields I had finished. The only time I lost points/coins was when I was too anxious and left before my avatar had finished. My bad, not the game's. Fortunately, I've reached my goals so I won't be playing nearly as much. This was a terrible change that made playing FT much worse. Sorry.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:58 AM

I am one those that lost thousands of points & coins and I don't like it. It is slow
and cumbersome . I just finished harvesting & plowing a neighbor's farm and it took me three times longer to do the work than it did yesterday. I have decided
to harvest & plow my farms and wait for some sanity to return to Farm Town.

For those who will send me email and complain about my post: go jump in a lake and take the horse you came in with too. I dislike the foolish and inept way of handling these problems.
You don't listen and you don't care and never have listened to the concerns of the people who play the game.
Do you or have you ever played the game you developed? it is a considerable difference in building something and never even playing the game to see if is easier one way or another.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:08 AM
Account Not Linked

you baby try it out i love it because now i can see whos stealing all land in front of me instead of hiding in a field the greedy punks
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I almost hate to wander back into all of this lol but.. what a lot of people don't seem to realize is that the updates are one problem and the servers people are on which comes up in other threads is another. My server apparently is old and lame like a 3 legged sheep. So this update was a killer. I have to wait or double click every single field I want to harvest and it still won't save worth a da... On the other hand I hired someone this morning who burned through half my farm in 5 minutes. For me.. being able to que fields and then just ignore the game while the server catches up means a lot. Also for some reason, my planting has gotten much slower with this update so yeah going back or somewhere in the middle would be really nice for me.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywood™ View Post
Now THERE'S a Christian attitude. Gotta love that picture of the Bible in tandem with "go jump in a lake and take the horse you came in with too"
Did you not also read the apology posted by this person??
Your post does not seem to add anything to the thread besides trying to start something ...

I read the apology and accepted it - people make comments in the heat of the moment and when they ask for forgiveness, should be extended it.

I still like the new way - no problems with it at all.
Hope that they don't revert ...
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Default No good!!!

I think I speak for most when I say, i'd rather lose the xp and/or coins than harvest and plow at such a slow pace!!! This new change is drastic and everyone is complaining! Go to the Marketplace or Bar and listen to the feedback yourself... its insane! Change it back, PLEASE!
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat View Post
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.
I'm going to be getting a LOT LESS XP's this way because I cannot work this way! My XP issue had been resolved with whatever previous fix they made. I work all the time usually.

NOT EVERYONE HIRES A MOB. Quite frequently, I am the only hire. It won't be that way anymore! We will end up netting LES XP. Not more. I turned down two plow jobs this afternoon, and asked a harvest hire to GET MORE HELP! That is unheard of prior to this snafu. There is no real benefit to being fast any longer.

ps. I think the developers HATE us! The only solution we have, FT boys and girls, is boycott the game if you don't like it.

And I just invited a novice friend to be a Neighbor. I'm going to have to tell her, "FORGET ABOUT IT"! I wouldn't invite anyone to play this way.

Edit to add: If some people like it this way, why not make it OPTIONAL? Isn't that what the "Wait" option is for?

Last edited by Sapai; Dec 22 2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: ps
Closed Thread