Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:14 AM

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurliTzerwilly View Post
There has been an announcement that it will go back to the old way, but why is it taking so long. All that is needed is to restore the backup that should have been made before the untested change was made.
When will these people ever learn that thorough testing is needed before inflicting changes that make the game an utter misery.
If it's not fixed soon, I will ditch it for good. It's already a (fun) time waster, but this has made it useless.

Alan.
Alan is right. Please hurry. I've ditched several jobs waiting for the fix. Will be going to the market and recommending that no one do anything til fix is in.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Thank you for listening!! I look forward to you changing it back.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:15 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I don't post on this forum much but I feel I have to this time. What the hell is going on here??? I hired someone to plow my farm, went offline to do some stuff, came back, no ploughed fields! OK, I thought they just left when they saw the size of the job, so I'll plough my own fields. I start to plow and it tells me ' already done' . I can't even plow my own farm!! Get this fixed or I'm off. I've loved this game for a few months now but what is the point if you can't plow your own farm???

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Actually I think a limit of 4-5 would suffice. One of my farms is basically 835 productive squares and I find 3 harvesters works well. They get enough coins and if plowing, experience points. But get rid of the big tool filling the screen and the SLOWWWWWWWW.

THANKS
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I don't really understand why people are saying they have to wait. Click, click click works perfectly fine for me. The plot changes instantly so you go on to the next and the next and the next. No waiting, no busy, no catching up. Fast click, click, click job done!
Agreed, it's just as fast as before if you're methodical and don't click all over the place. I wish they were not changing it back.

I do agree with what people are saying about limiting the number of hires though.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:17 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

will not do anything else to it is put back the way it was before you changed it on dec22 it really really suck big time

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:18 AM

I have arthritis and do not have one of those clicker alternatives (MAC). But I have wonderful, supportive friends who continue to hire me. We can still chat after we work (and during … which we do all the time.) Please be kind to those who are not 16. Merry Christmas to all my friends.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation Old version

I hate the old version ! It is slow and I have a lot of things I need to get done besides wait forever. I love the game and I do not want to give it up !

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurliTzerwilly View Post
There has been an announcement that it will go back to the old way, but why is it taking so long. All that is needed is to restore the backup that should have been made before the untested change was made.
When will these people ever learn that thorough testing is needed before inflicting changes that make the game an utter misery.
If it's not fixed soon, I will ditch it for good. It's already a (fun) time waster, but this has made it useless.

Alan.
it's taking longer to revert it because they are probably making necessary changes to the original code in the backup they will use. give the devs a little time to make the change happen, from the way it sounds they are trying to make a compromise to make as many people as possible happy.

they didn't say exactly when it would be done and it could be that their early tomorrow may actually be the 24th not the 23rd since the post about it was made around 2 am their time today.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:20 AM

I agree with KaFarmer. Give it a chance.
Closed Thread