Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 11 2010, 07:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Surprised none of you freaked out when you saw Raul on about 1/2 hour ago...but he just popped on and off to check on something.
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:03 PM

Always room for 1 more.
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:04 PM

I was getting KFC at the time.
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
ahhh i see well dang..... i did remove flash and delete all kinds of stuff the cdn.slashkey folder and all that the other day........just for good measure i did it all again yesterday ... the dang flash crashing is killing me LOL....... hasn't done it again yet.. but it got way bad last night is why i did it... course i Haven't done anything on Farmtown yet either just been loading my neighbors farms to get a memory of all the crops again.. I am hoping I don't end up taking my pc in to the shop again that is expensive... UGH!
Sorry that you are having so many problems with the game. If you have already tried all of the standard things I am not sure what else to do. If I have issue usually doing those things solve the problem. You might have one of the mods check your farm just in case before you go spending a bunch of money to take your system to the repair shop. I hope that you get it sorted out quickly so that you can play.

Will harvest any crops, any trees and flowers!

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Last Chance Logging Co.
* Lost Oasis

So many farms...so little time!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:28 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwalalce View Post
This isn't just some hair brained theory I pulled out of my butt. It is a problem that has been bugging me since the last upgrade and using my husbands account as a hired plower I worked it out on my farm. I am not talking about plowing under paths, which if there is room someone could do, I am talking about the game treating flowers as if they were wasted crops and allowing them to be plowed. I agree that people should not be able to plow where there are not already plots. That is why I a hoping the developers see that this may be something to look at so it can be coded out of the game.
I never assumed that it was some hair brained theory that you pulled out of your butt. As I said, I have never seen this particular issue before. But new players come in this forum and read things that say stuff like if you want more plots just let people plow over your flowers! It is important that they know that this can lead to data corruption and that it is not the recommended way to play the game. I have never found that anyone, even since the update, can plow over my dead flowers. Again, my goal was to make it clear to new players that come here seeking guidance that allowing people to purposely plow over your flowers can create serious issue. I hope that your issue gets addressed and corrected. There is a higher likelihood that the developers will be able to address the issue if it is posted in the help and support section of the forum. That is the official thread for problems within the game and the only place they look to see what needs addressing.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 11 2010, 07:34 PM

Default layering fields

This is off subject, and I apologize. What is with the layering of fields. Seems that you can plant a field then plow over it and plant again. Something like that. One of the friends does this and has sent instructions via email to another friend. This neighbor also subscribes to Facegamer.com to get free stuff. Seems to me that if you do that sort of thing you are cheating yourself.
Sorry for interrupting the thread.
Bill
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bppop14@yahoo.com View Post
This is off subject, and I apologize. What is with the layering of fields. Seems that you can plant a field then plow over it and plant again. Something like that. One of the friends does this and has sent instructions via email to another friend. This neighbor also subscribes to Facegamer to get free stuff. Seems to me that if you do that sort of thing you are cheating yourself.
Bill
The devs do not condone layering as it can mess up your farm, nor do they condone the gift link cheats.
Old Sep 11 2010, 07:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bppop14@yahoo.com View Post
This is off subject, and I apologize. What is with the layering of fields. Seems that you can plant a field then plow over it and plant again. Something like that. One of the friends does this and has sent instructions via email to another friend. This neighbor also subscribes to (name removed to avoid having post removed) to get free stuff. Seems to me that if you do that sort of thing you are cheating yourself.
Bill
Layering is strongly discouraged. If anyone does it, they do so at their own risk. Layering can lead to data corruption and in worst case scenarios loss of your entire farm. I do not know the official stand on using outside sites to get items but it seems to me that it is a personal choice that each person will have a different opinion on.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 11 2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Surprised none of you freaked out when you saw Raul on about 1/2 hour ago...but he just popped on and off to check on something.
Maybe he was checking to see how many people were hanging around waiting for an update.
Old Sep 11 2010, 08:14 PM

I was one of those who layered. Yes I layered crops and I layerd trees, and ended up with lots of problems on my farms.

If you go look at my farms now, you will see that not one tree is layered, and even though you can't tell the fields aren't layered either.

Did I have problems, you bet your bitty I did.
Closed Thread