Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 24 2022, 09:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Default respone

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I too agree about the plowing stuff. I don't typically hire the same people to harvest and plow. Sometimes I just like to plow my own farm. If people don't want to harvest my crops without complaining about plowing I would appreciate if they would just leave my farm and I will hire people who are happy to be harvesting my crops.

I'm also kind of sick of people who think they are entitled to my entire farm when I hire them. I'll hire 2-3 people depending on the conditions in the market place. I don't have time to sit around and wait for people to respond. If I don't get a quick response there I move on to hiring the next person I see there which results in, sometimes, a lot of people hired. If you don't like it leave my farm and get hired at some one elses but don't tell me how many people to hire on my farm.

thank you for explaining how the multiple people hired tends to happen. it sure does help clear that up.
Old Sep 28 2022, 05:41 PM

I understand why people want to h/p. It's one time across the farm if you have the combine and just h alone doesn't get xp. I don't like getting hired with others because we end up both doing the same work and one of us not getting credit if the processor is slow. If I do get hired with others I leave that farm. Each to his own.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Jan 26 2010, 07:25 AM

Is this the thread where we are to now start discussing the practise of hiring to plow on layered farms?

I am not so concerned about stopping the hiring to endless plow...but it was handy having the thread open before to send people to learn about how to layer crops....I hire people to harvest and some of them are amazed about my new crops underneath and I would like to still be able to send them to the forum for distinct instructions on how to do this.
Old Jan 26 2010, 11:43 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazza View Post
Is this the thread where we are to now start discussing the practise of hiring to plow on layered farms?

I am not so concerned about stopping the hiring to endless plow...but it was handy having the thread open before to send people to learn about how to layer crops....I hire people to harvest and some of them are amazed about my new crops underneath and I would like to still be able to send them to the forum for distinct instructions on how to do this.
You still can. The original how-to thread hasn't been vaporized, just closed. A search on "unofficial layering" or "layering technique" will find it fairly quickly. Copy the URL when you find it, paste it into a blank notepad document or similar, save the document on your desktop, and you'll have it for as long as you want to refer to it.

Added: delete the words at the end of the URL (they'll be whatever words you searched on) back to the post number, that's all you really need.

Last edited by GrannyMo; Jan 26 2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old Nov 27 2011, 10:35 PM

Default Layered Farming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
You still can. The original how-to thread hasn't been vaporized, just closed. A search on "unofficial layering" or "layering technique" will find it fairly quickly. Copy the URL when you find it, paste it into a blank notepad document or similar, save the document on your desktop, and you'll have it for as long as you want to refer to it.

Added: delete the words at the end of the URL (they'll be whatever words you searched on) back to the post number, that's all you really need.

Nov 27, 2011

In reply to Techniques of Layered Farming: May I suggest you contact Lisa Astrup on this? Spent an hour online with me last night while I was harvesting her crops telling me about layered farms, taking me to her farms to show me the technique in action, and sent me a link to a YouTube video which goes over this technique in detail and has more advanced videos as one gets familiar with the very complicated but fascinating process. Having only one farm right now, I am not ready to experiment with this but it is a difficult process to learn and highly detailed but awesomely productive.

Those with multi farms that are high-tech processes and planning would help all of us if they did not assume we all what they are talking about or all the detailed work involved. Also, you started out on Level 1 so you know how farm one must advance to be able to purchase most commercial harvesters. All players can not afford to lay out their own cash to purchase this equipment with Game Bucks. You were new once. Kindly be patient with us.

I have some awesome mentors and have had since day one. I can't say enough about them, but I have also encountered some really crappy multi farm owners as I did today on a job hire in which I harvested mangos and coconut, a portion of which was to be credited to me. I needed these for my ice cream factory as my trees will not be ready for another 2.5 days. When I returned to my farm to go to market after checking on my crops, I discovered these items were not credited to me by FTD Farms. This is not the first time this has happened to me. It happenes every time I work for Johnny Walker, so when you complain about workers, keep in mind there are some crappy multi farm owners who have cheated several of us.

Clean up your farmers and your worker issues might vanish.

Thanks! Oklahoma Rose
Old Mar 01 2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazza View Post

Farm Town does not encourage layering fields
Old Jan 26 2010, 02:30 PM

Thanks for opening a discussion thread.

I still wish we had an option to fire people. I sincerely doubt the amount of people hiring just to fire is so significant that the rest of the population should be held hostage to slow, disrespectful or verbally abusive players.
Old Jan 26 2010, 08:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.
Old Aug 26 2010, 08:50 AM

Default issue of hiring more for one farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.
I usually hire one person for one field the reason is sometimes that person has a slower computer so he or she can't be as fast as another with a faster computer and I've noticed that those with faster pcs tend to hog the field . I've even noticed that when i hire myself out when's there's another person doing it as well he or she doesn't respect my space but tries to hog as much as they can and that I find very rude! I've just come out of the marketplace where farmers now are being picky on what they want to harvest or plow when one time ppl would be happy to get any work now they're spoiled and expect us to cater to them well I won't I"m getting disgusted with those who hire themselves to work they're getting greedier and greedier . I'm going to be harvesting and plowing myself I have 5 fields I don't have the time to cater greedy ppl and I didn't get where I am being that way
Old Nov 27 2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post

Totally agree with you here my friend. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've gotten to the point where i just do my own work... it's JuST A GAME and some people treat it like more than that... Thanks for expressing it so nicely...