Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 20 2009, 06:12 PM

Smile

Got all 3 because I wanted them, not needed them. I will use the small seeder. Park the tractor and (TRY TO) build something to showcase my vintage harvester!

I have a lot to learn about this game but I hit level 33 yesterday and am a very happy farmer so far! Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:22 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Jul 21 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Some of these people act as if they were getting real money!! Good Grief. I have lots of friends, but still do most of my harvesting, plowing, and planting myself. I love the new machines. I won't buy the plower, because it isn't needed, but love being able to harvest or seed 4, 3, or 2 fields at a time. You can do any number of fields with the large machine. Just as you can plow any number of fields with the 4 square.
It's a game! Enjoy it and take the gifts as they are created.

Visit Muttie's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:23 PM

So if you can only use it on your own farm, if I understand, you lose the advantage of having neighbors work for you?
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:42 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Apr 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjfox View Post
So if you can only use it on your own farm, if I understand, you lose the advantage of having neighbors work for you?
You can still choose to have neighbors do the work for you. This is just another option.

Visit The Circle C Tree Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:25 PM

i thought that they would move around your farm im a lil disappointed but i like them
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Yepthats right !!!
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Wait a second.

That other post says we can no longer hire friends to harvest or plow, just from the marketplace?

Is that true? (No friends on line right now to try it with)
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:39 PM

Great additions, I have been playing FT since he first came out, people are greedy and love to complain, like any new farm just coming out, let them earn the new tools, then they would appreciate new additions such as this. Let them harvest manually and at a certain level be awarded the harvests, seeder and plower as fruits of their labour. Then they have something worthwhile to complain about.

We did it the hard way, had to wait for the bar to be complete before moving on to the next field, that was hard work and time consuming, but we reached Level 34 without complaining.

Very nice additions and very welcomed, good work Bert and developers.
Old Oct 20 2009, 08:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfarmer View Post
Great additions, I have been playing FT since he first came out, people are greedy and love to complain, like any new farm just coming out, let them earn the new tools, then they would appreciate new additions such as this. Let them harvest manually and at a certain level be awarded the harvests, seeder and plower as fruits of their labour. Then they have something worthwhile to complain about.

We did it the hard way, had to wait for the bar to be complete before moving on to the next field, that was hard work and time consuming, but we reached Level 34 without complaining.

Very nice additions and very welcomed, good work Bert and developers.
No offense, but just because you've been playing it longer doesn't mean you've had it harder and deserve what you have any more than anyone else. We all have to work to earn coins/xp points and progress through the levels.

In a way, people DO earn these new tools because they do have to work to earn the money to buy them...they aren't cheap.

The way you describe it, having to wait for the progress bar to complete before moving on is in fact time consuming, but I wouldn't call it "hard work" as you have. Unless you count the strain on your clicking finger.

Basically what I'm saying is, there's no need to come down on people just because they happened to join this game AFTER all these new features & upgrades.

People would buy these pieces of equipment even if they didn't do anything, if they were merely decoration. But since they do actually work (in their own little way) it does make more sense if we could use them in conjunction with hiring other farmers.
Old Oct 20 2009, 06:40 PM
Account Not Linked

I hired my friends to harvest and plow after the update, so I guess that answers your question Hanalei.