Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 18 2015, 11:31 AM

I haven't read through the previous questions, so please forgive me if this had been addressed before. Recently I have been hired to harvest trees, chop trees, harvest flowers. I go to the farm and proceed to use my tools to do the work. Not all of the trees or flowers get harvested and I have to go back over them with the single harvest tool in order to fulfill my job. I've noticed it more on farms with a lot of crop layers. Is this something the farmer has done? Or is this just a glitch in the system? Thank you so much for addressing this issue.
Old Apr 18 2015, 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
I haven't read through the previous questions, so please forgive me if this had been addressed before. Recently I have been hired to harvest trees, chop trees, harvest flowers. I go to the farm and proceed to use my tools to do the work. Not all of the trees or flowers get harvested and I have to go back over them with the single harvest tool in order to fulfill my job. I've noticed it more on farms with a lot of crop layers. Is this something the farmer has done? Or is this just a glitch in the system? Thank you so much for addressing this issue.
Hi KnittyGirl,
It is a problem with how they layer them or place them that causes the ones not being workable with the big tools. It isn't a glitch in the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 18 2015, 02:42 PM

Thank you Taz. I've come across this a few times and I always wondered what it was!
Old Apr 23 2015, 04:31 PM

Default Overcrowded farms

i am so tired of trying to harvest over crowded farms.. i spent 3 days trying to harvest ended up leaving losing over million coins . for goodness sake. make it manageable . i harvested stupid flower hid among trees .. i tried finish harvest coconut tree it wouldnt let me. 3 days at hours of trying to harvest is a bit much. it makes it impossible to complete . yes i am to say the least peeved off.
Old Apr 23 2015, 04:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
i am so tired of trying to harvest over crowded farms.. i spent 3 days trying to harvest ended up leaving losing over million coins . for goodness sake. make it manageable . i harvested stupid flower hid among trees .. i tried finish harvest coconut tree it wouldnt let me. 3 days at hours of trying to harvest is a bit much. it makes it impossible to complete . yes i am to say the least peeved off.
Hello dogdays,

When you go to someones farm to work you can go into the preferences at the top right that looks like a wrench and hide everything except for what you are working on and water items. This way for instance you want to harvest flowers only the flowers will be shown. Then you can go in and hide flowers and unhide the next item you want to work on.

You can also use the eye to hide or dim anything that the tool you are holding doesn't work on.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Apr 23 2015, 05:08 PM

i did that twice this has happened
Old Apr 24 2015, 05:15 PM

sometimes as in my case many times lately my laptop is the problem, usually I will send a note saying there is an issue and that puts the ball in your court as to whether you want to keep me or not,I will personally do as much as I can.

marge
graykyle farmtown
Old Apr 24 2015, 08:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamgow View Post
I did not read all 171 pages of comments here but randomly read about 50 different posts to get an idea of what people are complaining about. I have had problems with hiring people and having them only do select items and leaving the rest. I put them on my "no hire" list and don't ever hire them again. This list is getting rather lengthy. I also have issues trying to find people to fish, but no big deal if I don't. I don't have that much fishing to do and can easily do it myself in about 5 minutes.

I don't assume that if someone does not respond to my request right away that they are ignoring me. The speed and RAM of ones computer greatly affects the speed with which they can play the game and respond to requests. Prior to purchasing my new computer back in April, I specifically requested that I NOT be hired to do layers as I knew that the game would crash for me. Big farms were also a problem even if they were not layered. I could do them, but each one got slower and slower. Even with my new computer and my 12 RAM and fast processor, some of the layered farms and "mega" farms run pathetically slow.

I put out there that I am interested in solo jobs only because I DON'T have any of the big tools, only the coin tools. If I am hired along with someone with a large combine, I don't get to do anything and simply leave. People DO have their legitimate reasons for wanting to be hired solo........its usually not greed, but speed and no big tools. So, don't assume that people who are requesting solo only are just being greedy.

I have a touch screen and with my arthritic hands, is much easier to use than a mouse. It's also much faster than a mouse when harvesting and plowing. I find it almost comical when I am hired to do a job and I begin the job as the only worker there and then suddenly there is another worker there who is accusing me of being greedy because I can harvest/plow faster with my touch screen than they can with a mouse. I also get annoyed because I requested solo only. Of course I'm going to make sure that I finish the farm because I want my bonus chest. After that farm is done, if the other worker has no tools and there are multiple farms, I move to the last farm and begin to work my way back to the first. That way we BOTH have farms to harvest and we can both work solo and won't be irritating each other. If the other person has tools, I leave and send the employer a note thanking them for hiring me but that I will find other employment as I simply cannot compete with someone who can finish the entire farm if four clicks leaving me with nothing. It that offends an employer, sorry. I did ask to be hired solo.

I also do not refuse any job and have no problem stating that I do ALL jobs. If I accept a job, I finish the job (except as stated above) unless some technical problem boots me off, like today when the game suddenly came to a screeching halt, not just for me but lots of players including the person I had hired. Occasionally I will get a phone call that I MUST take while working for someone else, but that rarely happens. Caller ID tells me if it is an important call or one that can wait.

I guess my point is, the it is a cyber world and you cannot assume anything about the other people in the market place (unless you have had bad experiences with specific individuals previously). It is a game, and people have different reasons for playing the game, different goals for the game and different ideas about whether it is competitive or just for fun. Bottom line, IT'S A GAME! One that some people take entirely too seriously.
Hi: Iwould just like to add to this that my lap top is old and although I try my hardest to finish each job I am hired to do, I am not always able to because my shock wave plugin is busy or unresponsive and I just can't do anymore, I try to send a not saying so, but sometimes I am not even able to do that, I do prefer to work alone only because I am a loner and work better alone but do don't have a hissy fit if someone else shows up on the scene
Old Apr 24 2015, 11:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

a lot of people don't realise they need to regularly check their Flash Player, both to clear all sites from it and also to make sure its the only one enabled in their plugins..having 2 enabled means they fight against each other and cause problems.. these are easy and simple steps as well as regularly clearing cache, download history etc from your computors browser.. I also do a disk cleanup on my computer plus a system cleanup, especially after a windows update.. I have windows 8.1 and love it!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 25 2015, 05:49 AM

well at the moment someone has hired me to fish and it has been a good 20 minutes and the bonus is still being added I have completed the job but have yet to be able to collect my bonus.

just hope their other farms are not the same have 3 more to do