Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 15 2014, 07:04 PM

I will usually leave a note letting them know that there is no work on their farms and leave after I run into three farms in a row like that. I don't care if there are still 20 blue ones lit up waiting.

I really wish one of the updates would put some kind of restriction on that, where you get a flag of some kind telling you that there is no work available, even down to "there are no fish ready, etc" so you can't hire for 'that' farm. It wouldn't stop the ones who hire you to harvest one tree, but it's better than nothing.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Aug 15 2014, 07:06 PM

I leave a job and a message when I don't get the bonus. Why have it? Has happened all day today to me. Will be another 6 months before I go back. I just did a field of trees....chopping. Not one tree was standing...I refreshed the farm 3 times. Not one tree. But when I clicked to get the bonus, it said trees were still there. Apologized to farmer and lefted.
Old Aug 20 2014, 11:52 PM

I've just left the market place. People there are begging for jobs. "Hire me" or "Will do anything" and some "H/P only" I tried hiring 5 people, those who posted "hire me" or "will do anything",to do trees, flowers and fish as I have no crops ready to harvest at this time. Every single one turned me down yet they are begging for any job. It doesn't make sense. Don't say you will do anything if you won't. Don't beg for any type of job if you don't plan to accept what is offered to you.
Old Aug 23 2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I've just left the market place. People there are begging for jobs. "Hire me" or "Will do anything" and some "H/P only" I tried hiring 5 people, those who posted "hire me" or "will do anything",to do trees, flowers and fish as I have no crops ready to harvest at this time. Every single one turned me down yet they are begging for any job. It doesn't make sense. Don't say you will do anything if you won't. Don't beg for any type of job if you don't plan to accept what is offered to you.
i agree with you on your feedback , sometime people will ask for any job but sometime
they forget to mention forest trees or either no tools - this is my perceptive or perception .
As what you comment , you said it doesn't make sense - i agree with this .

Last edited by firegold flames; Aug 24 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old Aug 24 2014, 12:53 AM
Account Not Linked

don't forget there's a lot of people who don't know what they're doing yet, a lot of different viewpoints on etiquette, and limited characters to make your "ad" for working. but generally, i agree that if you say "will do any job", you should actually do any job.

it would also be helpful if there was some standard shorthand for NF (no fuel) or F+ (millions of fuel) but i think it would be a truly heroic task to start a universally understood shorthand especially since Fuel, Fish, and Flowers all start with F.
Old Aug 24 2014, 08:22 PM

Another frustrating thing I am seeing more and more is people picking and choosing what they will harvest once they get to my farm. They'll harvest the crop and apple trees on one farm and leave the acacia and on the next farm they harvest the trees and certain flowers and leave the rest of the flowers because they don't need them. I actually lost a crop for this reason. I figured they were there so they would do the job so I left. I came back a few hours later to a ruined crop yet trees were harvested and chopped. I shouldn't have to stay and babysit those I hire.
Old Aug 24 2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
don't forget there's a lot of people who don't know what they're doing yet, a lot of different viewpoints on etiquette, and limited characters to make your "ad" for working. but generally, i agree that if you say "will do any job", you should actually do any job.

it would also be helpful if there was some standard shorthand for NF (no fuel) or F+ (millions of fuel) but i think it would be a truly heroic task to start a universally understood shorthand especially since Fuel, Fish, and Flowers all start with F.
It would probably be impossible because of the many different languages spoken by the farmers. Not all of us speak English.
Old Aug 24 2014, 09:28 PM

ccheney so sorry to hear that you are having issues with people not doing everything. I try my best to do everything unless theres way to many farms to do. Wish I could help you out but guess it won't work out if we are in different time zones and I don't look to often in the marketplace.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6352&farm_ix=1
Old Aug 25 2014, 08:05 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomReader40 View Post
ccheney so sorry to hear that you are having issues with people not doing everything. I try my best to do everything unless theres way to many farms to do. Wish I could help you out but guess it won't work out if we are in different time zones and I don't look to often in the marketplace.
Plus, don't forget, there is a marketplace for each server, so you would have to be on the same server to hire each other.

These problems have always been there, I was complaining about them years ago. You will always have people who don't know how to play/don't care about ettiquette/lie to get what they want and you will have to babysit to a certain extent until you know if they are good workers or not or accept certain losses. There are also many, many, good workers in the market and I work very hard to be one of their number and have made some of them my friends and neighbors. It's a lot like real life, actually.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2014, 08:53 PM

That problem is why I wish there was a way (and I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if it's even possible) to set up something like the pop up you get in the market. I envision it a little like this.
I hire you to harvest crops, trees and flowers but I stay in the market, or maybe go to another of my own farms or off to harvest for someone else, just as long as I stay logged on to FT.
If you leave without finishing the 'mayor' pops up on my screen and says, "XXX has departed Farm ZZ. The following tasks were not completed... trees harvest...flowers harvest... Would you like to hire another farmer?" Then it's already set up. All you have to do is click on someone. Maybe as a reward, whoever does the cleanup could collect the full bonus that the first one abandoned.
I put this dream in the suggestion thread but it's just a dream and a very rough one at that. Doesn't even take into account hiring multiple workers.
I dunno. <shrug>

Farming since May 19, 2009