Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 24 2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
I am still disappointed in the fee schedule that is set for the tools or other items requiring the purchase by farmcash. WHY do you have to make it so difficult for the players to obtain the items?? WHY do you chose to make them so expensive? Instead of designing a game for all to play, you have chosen to design a game for those who are in the top 2% who earn higher incomes and pay real monies in order to play & afford everything available. Why have you become so greedy? The game is going to fall flat one day & something will happen because of the greed by the developers, and then you won't have all the non-payees to support your game. If you want to send a jolt down everyone's spine, change your frequency to lower numbers. It would be revolting to turn it around & show the players that you're not going to play the greed game anymore and your going to focus on the 'fun' aspect of the game instead of the 'money hungry' aspect. The developers have fallen into the money pit, & the players are throwing money down to feed them. Even at a time when we would think that people learn that the greed eventually leads to a breakdown & bust. It will happen if things aren't redirected away from the few addicted players with cash, to the majority of players who play for enjoyment & purpose.
Thank you for putting me in the "top 2% who earn higher incomes and pay real monies in order to play & afford everything available." I am on Social Security Disability and a small LTD from my job I had. I AM NOT THE TOP 2%......more like the bottom of the pile. My monthly income puts me just above the poverty level.

I spend money on this game. $40 for 250 FC is nothing to spend now a days. I could spend that on the movies and dinner for myself for one evening and get what 4 hours of pleasure. I choose to spend it here (ONCE a month or every other) instead. This gives me hours, days, months, years of pleasure from that $40.

IT IS A GAME!!!!! You are supposed to use your brain thinking to get ahead. If they gave it all to you what is the fun of that???

If people did NOT spend money on this game there would be no game. How do you expect the devs to get paid for their time?? This is their job. The talents they have to create this game are amazing and I feel they earn every penny!!

This is the ONLY, I repeat ONLY game I know of on FB that gives you a chance to earn money. If you use your brain and play it right you can earn up to 4 FC a week just playing the game. That's about $17 a month or over 200 a year. Throw in the 25 FC they give maybe up to 4 times a year for leveling up. And you are up to 300 a year.....

I do not have every tool made on here. I pick and choose what I want to buy.

The majority of my friends who play do so because they love the game. Some spend money some don't. You can play the game without spending any money. I have never played another game where the head dev gets with you one on one to fix a problem you are having with the game. (Been there, done that!!)

If you don't like the game or think it's greedy go play Zyngas Farmville!!!!
Old Feb 24 2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Thank you for putting me in the "top 2% who earn higher incomes and pay real monies in order to play & afford everything available." I am on Social Security Disability and a small LTD from my job I had. I AM NOT THE TOP 2%......more like the bottom of the pile. My monthly income puts me just above the poverty level.

I spend money on this game. $40 for 250 FC is nothing to spend now a days. I could spend that on the movies and dinner for myself for one evening and get what 4 hours of pleasure. I choose to spend it here (ONCE a month or every other) instead. This gives me hours, days, months, years of pleasure from that $40.

IT IS A GAME!!!!! You are supposed to use your brain thinking to get ahead. If they gave it all to you what is the fun of that???

If people did NOT spend money on this game there would be no game. How do you expect the devs to get paid for their time?? This is their job. The talents they have to create this game are amazing and I feel they earn every penny!!

This is the ONLY, I repeat ONLY game I know of on FB that gives you a chance to earn money. If you use your brain and play it right you can earn up to 4 FC a week just playing the game. That's about $17 a month or over 200 a year. Throw in the 25 FC they give maybe up to 4 times a year for leveling up. And you are up to 300 a year.....

The majority of my friends who play do so because they love the game. Some spend money some don't. You can play the game without spending any money. I have never played another game where the head dev gets with you one on one to fix a problem you are having with the game. (Been there, done that!!)

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking! At least with Farm Town, you aren't forced to buy anything and can still play the game. Farmville gives you $1 for leveling up and that can take months! This is the best game around! The devs work hard and the support is wonderful!!
Old Feb 24 2015, 06:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:

Thank you!!! It's those of us who choose to spend a little real money now and then who subsidize the other players, so the whining needs to stop. This is the real world, there is no such thing as a free lunch and developers kids have to eat too! If you can't move up as fast as you would like, whose fault is that? Relax and take the game for what it is, not what you would prefer it to be. Happy Farming!!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 24 2015, 09:35 PM

What im trying to point out here is that knolan is not like any other typical people also she buys everything she want, and shes very helpful, from what she said it wasn't for herself but for the people who could'nt afford it...just like you said play farmville we have played farmville we are the riches player on farmville....
Old Feb 25 2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:

Agree totally - very well said. If the Devs dont earn money out of this game they cant carry on - its not a charity and if I am in the top 2% then I feel darn sorry for those poor souls that arent! Keep it up Devs you are doing a wonderful job.

BTW HOW exactly is winging about the cost of the game supposed to be related to the current release - just saying ...................

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Mar 01 2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:

Well said, cheers!

Farm Link
Old Mar 03 2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Very well said. You go girl !!!!! Those whiners want equality, when long time players have worked hard at what they have here. It's a game people, enjoy it, play it, don't play it, spend, don't spend, but quit the whining, please
Old Mar 19 2015, 10:41 AM

Default Movie House Sign..

I like to come to the Forum... how ever I find it very hard to find things and to navigate sometimes.. I get frustrated and leave... for instance I type in a word(s) in the search and it gives me nothing... "not found" would like to know where I can go to get a quick tutorial.. haven't looked on you tube for a video maybe I should .. But honestly..I just wanted to ask why is the marquee on the movie house backwards... Noticed that Farm Town is written as if you were inside looking out.??!!! Just curious.
Old Mar 19 2015, 11:15 AM

Unhappy Farm $ a tough way to get by

The fact that so many of the upper level tools don't have a coin value but only a farm bucks value is a problem I'd love to see addressed. Paying real world cash to get pretend money isn't in the cards for me.

I've also taken a crack at the Earn Cash tab and so far any I've tried have only been an exercise in futility yielding no farm cash but consuming time in the effort. Can anyone recommend any of them that actually works?
Old Mar 19 2015, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDoe View Post
I like to come to the Forum... how ever I find it very hard to find things and to navigate sometimes.. I get frustrated and leave... for instance I type in a word(s) in the search and it gives me nothing... "not found" would like to know where I can go to get a quick tutorial.. haven't looked on you tube for a video maybe I should .. But honestly..I just wanted to ask why is the marquee on the movie house backwards... Noticed that Farm Town is written as if you were inside looking out.??!!! Just curious.
Hi PapDoe,
If text is on a building one way to face it is backwards because it is a mirror image of the original graphic. So one way shows it right and the other one shows it reversed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.