Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jun 26 2016, 04:40 PM

To Rainelogon i just want to ask you , how will encourage old forum member to
rejoin the forum again ? How will you improve the contests here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.
This forum is my playground but i have lack of time to visit .
Old Jun 26 2016, 06:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainelogan View Post
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.
Yeah, when I first playing FT, I was afraid to post. So many rules! Of course, the drawback is there's an awful lot you can't find out about the game unless you read the forum. So when I started playing regularly again this year, I made a habit of visiting the forum everyday, signing in, and clicking on "New Posts" at the top of the page. That brings up a list of all the new posts since your last visit, and since players ask the same questions again and again, it doesn't take long to get up to speed. Plus, you figure out where stuff is suppose to go when someone posts something in the wrong place and the mod comes back and says, "I've moved your post to such and such thread..." It works for keeping tabs on your own posts, too.
Old Jun 27 2016, 02:46 PM

What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.
Old Jun 27 2016, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.
Hi ccheney,
Negative feedback has always been allowed as long as there aren't any personal comments about individuals about Slashkey or any personnel associated with Slashkey. Many negative comments have been made about the NCC and both types of quests and have not been deleted.
If you check the date of the first post for the discussion on layering it is a quite old thread. The only thing still not allowed inb the forums are instructions on how to do any type of layering.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 27 2016, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:
a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well
They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.
bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.
Quote:
As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.
i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey.
Old Jun 27 2016, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.

i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey.
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 27 2016, 11:21 PM

I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules
Old Jun 28 2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:

I have to use the quote to answer your questions . I am happy that you reply
Many 3rd party forums do face the same issues/problems , not just our farm town forum because in some forums i attend to , people will tend to tell me that there is no
participation because as you mentioned in the quote "never or rarely come back" , so just our farm town moderators/staffs is facing the same issues .

I understand Taz because i learning from experience 3rd party forum staff, i hope & wish to help Taz & their team but due busy roles in life , i can't , i only help during free time , in 3rd party forum, i am happy to help him/her which i won't be saying too much because of the rules .Taz is dedicated forum staff here on this forum and i can see it and i have to agree with Taz under Post 8, no need to say much .

Last edited by firegold flames; Jun 28 2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old Jun 28 2016, 04:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.
thank you for taking the time with that Taz as it really clarifies a lot for me. i know time for responses here have to be considered and measured which didn’t help with the earlier influxes of years past.

“ccheneys” views are shared by me and tie into that too; if i’m reading it correctly the tougher measures evolved from the days of more traffic and granted they were certainly needed then.

if there ever is an opportunity to draw some of those punters back or attract new – maybe those tractors wouldn’t be so pricey.
Old Jun 28 2016, 04:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules
true i forgot about my space - wonder how many made the switch.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity