Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 17 2015, 06:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Angry About the wall post of links

OK - whose bright idea was it to have the recent posting of links at the bottom of the heap and the ancient ones at the top -- is it to teach us how to scroll for a mile or two ?
Old Jun 17 2015, 08:07 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytinPA View Post
OK - whose bright idea was it to have the recent posting of links at the bottom of the heap and the ancient ones at the top -- is it to teach us how to scroll for a mile or two ?
Hi,

We're looking into this problem. Thanks for reporting it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 29 2015, 03:34 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a bit of trouble posting links on my wall. I know this is a FB thing, not a Farm Town thing, but I was wondering if there's a remedy.

I have my friends sorted into groups for the different games I play, so that when I post a link I'm only posting to people who are interested in that link and not all the people who play other games or don't play any. Trouble is, I can't get the Farm Town group to display. The two options showing are the groups for two other games, and even when I expand out the list of groups it doesn't show them all, and Farm Town is one of the groups that doesn't show.

So I can't post for help with facilities or to share bonuses or whatever without posting to all my friends, which I'm not about to do.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fully expand this group dropdown menu? Because I sure can't find one.
Old Jun 29 2015, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a bit of trouble posting links on my wall. I know this is a FB thing, not a Farm Town thing, but I was wondering if there's a remedy.

I have my friends sorted into groups for the different games I play, so that when I post a link I'm only posting to people who are interested in that link and not all the people who play other games or don't play any. Trouble is, I can't get the Farm Town group to display. The two options showing are the groups for two other games, and even when I expand out the list of groups it doesn't show them all, and Farm Town is one of the groups that doesn't show.

So I can't post for help with facilities or to share bonuses or whatever without posting to all my friends, which I'm not about to do.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fully expand this group dropdown menu? Because I sure can't find one.
When you open that place your pointer in the area where you have your group lists and then rotate your mouse wheel to scroll down to the ones not showing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 30 2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old Jun 30 2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
When you open theat place your pointer in the area where you have your group lists and then rotate your mouse wheel to scroll down to the ones not showing.
That doesn't work, it just moves the farm up and down, it doesn't do anything inside the Facebook notification box.
Old Jun 30 2015, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
That doesn't work, it just moves the farm up and down, it doesn't do anything inside the Facebook notification box.
hi tmbskts,
After you have opened the pop up to post, click the symbol in the lower left corner. Then click "See All Lists. then use your mouse or mouse wheel to scroll down the list. Select the one you want.
You can also set the list to use in your Facebook settings for Apps.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2015, 04:18 AM

OK, I think I've sorted the problem. Apparently it was a smart list - goodness knows why because it isn't automatically updated or anything - and I'd archived it when I took a break from the game. I've restored it and I think it's showing now. I seriously hate smart lists. Sigh...

Last edited by tnbskts; Jun 30 2015 at 04:37 AM.