Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 26 2016, 07:17 PM

First time poster, long time lurker. I own about half of the facilities you have to buy with real money and all the ones you can buy with in game money. I am on round two of the personal quest and cooperative quest. Right now i am stuck at 5 of 5 (all my available personal quest slots) with the last item to get from a Real money facility I do not own, coincidence? I think not. I have managed to complete 3 of the quests because they did not ask for a real money facility to finish. So... I will not be able to continue to try and get to 7 quests finished for the 2 FC and I do not have an option to opt out of a quest if I know i cannot complete it. This in and of itself (not having an option) leads me to believe you are more or less telling me i have to purchase to play the quest. You have crossed a line and people are calling you out. I understand you all need to make money but using the guise of a quest all can play is misleading. I do not see an even playing field as I will have to spend alot more real money to make at most 4 FC a week (208 a year) for a grand total of 4 maybe 5 facilities worth. This last quest alone should i have decided to finish would have cost me a years worth of questing. It doesn't take 3 chalkboards of physics to figure out it don't add up! Sorry I think your greed is showing.

Last edited by Greenfrog; Apr 26 2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: had mistakenly quoted 13 quests and changed to 7
Old Apr 26 2016, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfrog View Post
First time poster, long time lurker. I own about half of the facilities you have to buy with real money and all the ones you can buy with in game money. I am on round two of the personal quest and cooperative quest. Right now i am stuck at 5 of 5 (all my available personal quest slots) with the last item to get from a Real money facility I do not own, coincidence? I think not. I have managed to complete 3 of the quests because they did not ask for a real money facility to finish. So... I will not be able to continue to try and get to 7 quests finished for the 2 FC and I do not have an option to opt out of a quest if I know i cannot complete it. This in and of itself (not having an option) leads me to believe you are more or less telling me i have to purchase to play the quest. You have crossed a line and people are calling you out. I understand you all need to make money but using the guise of a quest all can play is misleading. I do not see an even playing field as I will have to spend alot more real money to make at most 4 FC a week (208 a year) for a grand total of 4 maybe 5 facilities worth. This last quest alone should i have decided to finish would have cost me a years worth of questing. It doesn't take 3 chalkboards of physics to figure out it don't add up! Sorry I think your greed is showing.
Hi Greenfrog,
I have moved your post to the thread on Feedback for Quests as you post has nothing to do with the Neighborhood Chains Contest.
The quests are assigned randomly without knowing what facilities you own. You have just as much chance of gettring oine with a facility you own as you do one with a facility you don't own. I know that you think this is not the case as you have 5 you can't complete, but that is the way the program is written to randomly pick the quests.
It takes 8 regular quests to get the 2 farm cash, but onely 3 to get 1 farm cash, which you do have completed already.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 26 2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old May 05 2016, 06:55 PM

Default quests

I just missed 2 farmcash by 1 minute. I am through with even trying to get 8. It is the second time. I was sitting at my computer waiting. It is unfair. I am so disappointed that you set it like that. I have been on here since almost the beginning and have enjoyed it until now. Even in the beginning when there were times it didn't work right, I understood we were on uncharted territory. But really guys this is not right.
Old May 05 2016, 11:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndknyn View Post
I just missed 2 farmcash by 1 minute. I am through with even trying to get 8. It is the second time. I was sitting at my computer waiting. It is unfair. I am so disappointed that you set it like that. I have been on here since almost the beginning and have enjoyed it until now. Even in the beginning when there were times it didn't work right, I understood we were on uncharted territory. But really guys this is not right.
Hi lndknyn,
Please note all times are in Eastern time zone as that is what the servers record. You last collected on apr 28th at 19:44 (7:44 PM). Your oldest quest for this 7 days was completed on April 28th at 22:48 (10:48 PM), so you had 3 hours before that quest dropped off the chart. You posted in here at 19:55 (7:55 PM) which meant you had 2 hours left to collect before you lost the 8th quest.
I am sorry, but the rules are that a quest is only good for 7 days exactly to the second toward the farm cash collection. This is why we always suggest not to start the last step of any quests that will carry over until the next day, so you have a lee way if you can't get to them at that time.
You still have time to get the 2 FC for the 8 quests if you start one and complete it as your next quest does not drop off until Saturday May 7th at 00:29 (12:29 AM)
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 06 2016, 05:55 PM

I bought the blacksmith supply factory and it is sitting on my farm 6, but i am not able to click the OPEN button on my last quest step- I DO own the facility and I have cleared everything! I went to the farm and clicked start the item- I also went in to my facility manager and started the last step but none helped!! HELP!!
Old May 06 2016, 06:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke1988 View Post
I bought the blacksmith supply factory and it is sitting on my farm 6, but i am not able to click the OPEN button on my last quest step- I DO own the facility and I have cleared everything! I went to the farm and clicked start the item- I also went in to my facility manager and started the last step but none helped!! HELP!!
Hi DaisyDuke,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old May 11 2016, 07:50 PM

Default quests

when trading with non neighbors for the coop quest, how do i put my farm link in the discussion?
Old May 11 2016, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
when trading with non neighbors for the coop quest, how do i put my farm link in the discussion?
Hi barbara,
If you buy something from them leave a message and they can follow that message back to your farm to buy from you.
Old Jun 01 2016, 02:08 AM
Account Not Linked

I enjoy doing quests but frustrating at times like my last quest was kidney failure remedy ONLY 2 items needed you would think easy ??? = NO.......... every day of that whole quest I had no neighbours with any of 2 items, I came here to co-quest help every day and again nothing....... I even went to market not that you can tell by looking who does and does not do quest so had to click on one person at a time to find 1 item so I could put sticker on the other ---- simple in mind but the quest ended up expiring....... all those days to get 2 items and cant find them................ so maybe as not many items are made with those products = hard to find......... so I lost a quest with no fault of my own
Old Jun 01 2016, 03:25 PM

I was about to complain again about quests saying nothing has been harvested when I have harvest all 9 items planted, but realized whereas I thought I had harvested 9 turnips I had planted parsnips by mistake instead!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.