Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 28 2015, 10:51 AM

Default Afraid to Farm for others

Even though I've been playing a very long time, I do not go to the Market to get hired to farm for others. I took a VERY long break a couple of years back because of the way I was treated by someone who had hired me to farm for them.

I never had a problem "sharing" with others. There's plenty for everyone. I never begged for someone to hire me. I just said "hello" to everyone who entered the room. I tried to be polite. I expected the same from the people who hired me.

So, one day, I was hired to work a farm, and I was told that I was "stupid, slow, useless," and that I shouldn't bother working for others ever again.
I stopped playing FarmTown for two years. I have never farmed for anyone again. I'm so afraid that I will be ridiculed that I just do my own thing every day.

Please try to treat others as you would like to be treated. It's called The Golden Rule.
Old Jun 28 2015, 05:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamme View Post
Even though I've been playing a very long time, I do not go to the Market to get hired to farm for others. I took a VERY long break a couple of years back because of the way I was treated by someone who had hired me to farm for them.

I never had a problem "sharing" with others. There's plenty for everyone. I never begged for someone to hire me. I just said "hello" to everyone who entered the room. I tried to be polite. I expected the same from the people who hired me.

So, one day, I was hired to work a farm, and I was told that I was "stupid, slow, useless," and that I shouldn't bother working for others ever again.
I stopped playing FarmTown for two years. I have never farmed for anyone again. I'm so afraid that I will be ridiculed that I just do my own thing every day.

Please try to treat others as you would like to be treated. It's called The Golden Rule.
So sorry this happened to you. I know it's not easy to let the nasty stuff roll off your back. I go to the market to hire only. I did used to go there to get work when I needed to level up. I met some nice people and some not so nice. It took me a while to learn to just let it go when someone treated me badly. I'm glad you came back to the game and I hope you will stay and enjoy yourself.