Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 01 2022, 06:02 PM

Default Game not linked

Hoping this will end soon. Lost all my crops. Just started playing this week after 3 years.
Old Dec 01 2022, 06:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to RosieWolf Send a message via Yahoo to RosieWolf

I was in the game this morning, no problems. paid for my Farm Pass, did all my stuff, planted crops etc.. and then poof when I came back this evening, sigh. I think next month I'll wait a week before I buy the FP.

Hugggggglez and God Bless!

Old Dec 01 2022, 07:23 PM

Angry Chet

Why is it we can't enter the site anymore?
Are we having problems with Facebook again?
How long are we going to be shut down from entering?
Trying to sign in, it goes to same page when you had problems with Facebook.
Broken, removed or check spelling for link!!!
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and have a Merry Christmas.
Would like an email as you have at least let me know what is going on before.
Like many of us, just spent 39.99 yesterday to enlarge some farms and now can't do a thing.
Frustrating and would like to let others know something.
Old Dec 01 2022, 07:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
I find it entertaining when this happens. It really brings out special emotions in people.

I recall when I first started I dumped 1000's yes 1000's of real dollars into this game. Does it bother me that the game is down from time to time, yes. But there's nothing I can do. There's nothing the Moderators can do.
In fact, the moderators deserve a lot of credit and should not have to deal with peoples frustrations.

So sit back and wait.
I appreciate your laid back response as that's exactly how I feel about this latest snafu. I bought the latest Farm Pass early this morning and already planned how to maximize its benefits. Oh well, stuff happens.

I seem to recall after the last game shut down, the developers made adjustments to the Farm Pass enabling us to reach the max goals. Let's wait this out like the adults we are and go easy on the moderators in the meantime.

I'll just have to try getting a little more work at my part time job to keep occupied.
Old Dec 01 2022, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet Evors View Post
Why is it we can't enter the site anymore?
Are we having problems with Facebook again?
How long are we going to be shut down from entering?
Trying to sign in, it goes to same page when you had problems with Facebook.
Broken, removed or check spelling for link!!!
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and have a Merry Christmas.
Would like an email as you have at least let me know what is going on before.
Like many of us, just spent 39.99 yesterday to enlarge some farms and now can't do a thing.
Frustrating and would like to let others know something.
Hi Chet,
Your previous post about this was answered. Please read the Announcement at the top of any section of the forums and that will tell you what is going on.
Here is a link to one of them:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:06 PM

Why can't we go to another website and play the game like we registered our emails to do after the previous issue?
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
Why can't we go to another website and play the game like we registered our emails to do after the previous issue?
Because the ability to do that has not yet been developed. It takes a lot of work to get a game as complex as FarmTown moved from Facebook to a new environment. The email was set up as a way to contact us IF and WHEN a new site is ready.
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macladywloo View Post
Because the ability to do that has not yet been developed. It takes a lot of work to get a game as complex as FarmTown moved from Facebook to a new environment. The email was set up as a way to contact us IF and WHEN a new site is ready.
I understand all that. Had just hope the Devs would've started the ball rolling on how to move it during the last issue. Guess we just wait this one out.
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
I understand all that. Had just hope the Devs would've started the ball rolling on how to move it during the last issue. Guess we just wait this one out.
Hi LisaScobee,
It is not something you program and create over night. It is also an additional thing for them to have to do along with the releases and keeping the game going. It is not an easy thing to program a website to be able to play all the complex functions of the game, and it takes a lot of time.

This was not an expected deactivation by Facebook as they gave no warning before they did it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ericanl,
As this has just started we do not know if there will be any compensation as the developers are just now trying to find out why Facebook did this and with no warning. There was no warning or any notice that soemething was wrong from Facebook, so there was no way for them to give any kind of warning.

It takes time to get an alternate website to handle all the game functions set up and not knowing Facebook was going to do this or why then it has not been completed. It is not just a case of creating a website, but requires programming to handle all the functions of the game.
Facebook announced that they would be modifying users profile to remove any political statement they may have. This was to go into effect on the 1st of Dec so I am betting that whatever they did messed up a few things and FT getting deleted could be the result.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error