Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 02 2022, 06:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Is farmtown leaving Facebook for own sight? Yes or no. If are please explain the time frame which understandably will require time to start over and fix everything and bugs will be for long time. I sincerely hope you have been preparing for this. .

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 02 2022, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Dubrasky View Post
Is farmtown leaving Facebook for own sight? Yes or no. If are please explain the time frame which understandably will require time to start over and fix everything and bugs will be for long time. I sincerely hope you have been preparing for this. .
Hi Jeanne,
Farm Town is not currently planning to leave Facebook. If that happens at sometime in the future there will be complete instructions when and how to access Farm Town.

The current situation is Facebook deactivated Farm Town for reasons unknown to the developers yet. They are waiting for information from Facebook as to exactly what the reasons are for the deactivation.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 02 2022, 07:34 PM

I hope everything gets cleared out.
Old Dec 02 2022, 07:41 PM

My trust in Facebook is next to "0". The organization is either run by spoiled brats or megalomaniacs. Deactivating an app with no explanation is behavior that resembles the action of the worst sort of temper-stricken pre-teen. (Just my take on it - no need to respond)
Old Dec 03 2022, 04:25 AM

Once farm town is back I suppose they could give us $50 Farm cash. $25 farmcash for the regular level update and $25 for sticking with it while facebook messes with things.
And plus, it's Christmas. Who doesn't love Christmas.

Even though you didn't know this disabling of farm town again - probably due to the same reason right?????

I would've thought you would have realised it may happen again and start the new website thing. It's not doing to be an overnight thing as I know, but what's the update situation. We all want one please.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Dec 03 2022, 05:32 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone,

When there any updates we can give you about the current status of Farm Town, we will update the Announcement which shows at the top of each main section of the forum as usual.

If you are not sure how to get to the Announcement to read it, please click on this link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

When the information in that post hasn't changed, that means we don't have an update for you yet.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 03 2022, 06:17 AM

Thumbs up How is the alternative option coming on?

Back when facebook locked the game out for a full week, siting security issues as a reason, Raul made the decision to establish an alternative option if facebook did lock us out again. We have all added our emails to the sk system to allow the servers to identify us and hopefully make the farms work on sk servers directly, as we know those working offline can still play even when fb shuts down the link on the platform, so I'm wondering if the alternative has made any progress since?
Old Dec 03 2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir winalot View Post
Back when facebook locked the game out for a full week, siting security issues as a reason, Raul made the decision to establish an alternative option if facebook did lock us out again. We have all added our emails to the sk system to allow the servers to identify us and hopefully make the farms work on sk servers directly, as we know those working offline can still play even when fb shuts down the link on the platform, so I'm wondering if the alternative has made any progress since?
Hi sir winalot

I moved your post to the thread about Game not Loading.

It is very complex to build an alternative website for the game as it is not the simple game we had in 2009. The game has grown through 12 years so it will require lot of programming for such complex game to allow us to play it in a new website.
That is not quick or easy, but the developers will let us all know about any news.
Old Dec 03 2022, 08:21 AM

Good morning, I cannot find any update on here about Farmtown being deactivated again. Last time there were updates. I thought providing our emails this might not happen to us if Facebook decides to deactivate again. Where can I find out more information please~Astrid
Old Dec 03 2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid1st View Post
Good morning, I cannot find any update on here about Farmtown being deactivated again. Last time there were updates. I thought providing our emails this might not happen to us if Facebook decides to deactivate again. Where can I find out more information please~Astrid
Hi astrid1st

There are no updates yet but any news will be posted in this same thread and also in the global announcement at the top of all sections of the forums:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

All of us provided our email addresses but please take in mind that a new website is not easy to do in a short time as it requires lot of programming for such a complex game like ours.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error