Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 25 2010, 05:57 PM

With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:45 AM
Account Not Linked

I find it A LOT easier to put myself offline before going to the mp to sell my prods. It's the green icon at the upper right of your screen, in case you didn't know.

I've gotten so sick of hiring people only to have them do a half-assed job or disappear after doing half a field that I just harvest & plow myself...
Old Jul 28 2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzulu View Post
With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.
When you go into the MP to sell you can click on the plug icon (between the wrench and question mark) at the top and go offline. No one in the MP will see you then and you can go about your business with no interuptions. That's what I do (after seeing it suggested in a post on the forum) and it works great.
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Going offline to sell products at the MP, works great. Thanks whoever suggested it.
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:01 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Problem:

A-hole players that spam the market place with UNSOLICITED hire requests because they are too lazy/too rude/too inconsiderate/etc to follow any decency to type a simple request like "Hiring harvesters" in the main chat window.

I'm tired of going to the market place and being bombarbed with unsolicited hire requests as soon as i enter the market place.

I'm tired of trying to hire farmers and receiving unsolicited hire requests.

I'm tired of going to the market place, running to a corner of the market place to avoid "a-hole hirers" and still receiving unsolicited hire requests. The barstools deliberately do it.

I'm tired of not being able to ignore "a-hole hirers" because they are too quick. They spam the market place with hire requests, then get as many as they can, then they leave.

Solution 1:
The solution to the problem is so simple it begs the question "WHY havent the developers implemented it".

Process-
- farmer clicks map, selects market place
- popup is displayed, farmer is displayed with the following options:
- I want to hire (farmer selects and enters market place)
- i want to work (farmer selects and is presented with a popup containing the following options)
-- I want to harvest Crops and Trees
-- I want to harvest Crops and flowers
-- I want to harvest crops
-- I want to plow
-- I want to fish

The farmers that want to hire enter the market place with a 'H' (for identification purposes) on over either their head or overalls.

The farmers that want work enter the market place with either a symbol/image or letter of which work they want. ie a plower will have a letter 'P' or a image of a plow over their head or on their overall.

A few exceptions wrapped around it, ie a hirer cant be hired, etc.

Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by _anu_; Jul 28 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jul 29 2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _anu_ View Post
Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.
Hi ,just a comment on Solution 2 ... This is from the T.O.S.

4C. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the SlashKey.Com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser.
Old Feb 06 2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _anu_ View Post
Problem:

A-hole players that spam the market place with UNSOLICITED hire requests because they are too lazy/too rude/too inconsiderate/etc to follow any decency to type a simple request like "Hiring harvesters" in the main chat window.

I'm tired of going to the market place and being bombarbed with unsolicited hire requests as soon as i enter the market place.

I'm tired of trying to hire farmers and receiving unsolicited hire requests.

I'm tired of going to the market place, running to a corner of the market place to avoid "a-hole hirers" and still receiving unsolicited hire requests. The barstools deliberately do it.

I'm tired of not being able to ignore "a-hole hirers" because they are too quick. They spam the market place with hire requests, then get as many as they can, then they leave.

Solution 1:
The solution to the problem is so simple it begs the question "WHY havent the developers implemented it".

Process-
- farmer clicks map, selects market place
- popup is displayed, farmer is displayed with the following options:
- I want to hire (farmer selects and enters market place)
- i want to work (farmer selects and is presented with a popup containing the following options)
-- I want to harvest Crops and Trees
-- I want to harvest Crops and flowers
-- I want to harvest crops
-- I want to plow
-- I want to fish

The farmers that want to hire enter the market place with a 'H' (for identification purposes) on over either their head or overalls.

The farmers that want work enter the market place with either a symbol/image or letter of which work they want. ie a plower will have a letter 'P' or a image of a plow over their head or on their overall.

A few exceptions wrapped around it, ie a hirer cant be hired, etc.
I love your suggestion. I really hope it can be added to the marketplace as I get tired contending with getting asked to do a farm when I'm there to hire people to harvest and plow my fields and pick my trees and fish for me. I had to deny one and edit my message that I was posting to include I am not here to get jobs, I'm here to hire people. I need harvesters/plowers, tree shakers, flower harvesters and fishing people for 13 farms. Anyone interested?

And I end up getting about twenty people wanting to help, out of those twenty, I get only about five people as the rest were hired underneath me by other people. And it was clear to everyone that they asked to be hired by me, not anyone else.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Feb 06 2012, 02:49 PM

Default hiring

Beth.....sounds like u need some "u do my farms i'll do urs".neighbors like i have in my group..then u wouldn't have to go to the market except to sell..i don't hire or do work from the market anymore..
Old Feb 07 2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
Beth.....sounds like u need some "u do my farms i'll do urs".neighbors like i have in my group..then u wouldn't have to go to the market except to sell..i don't hire or do work from the market anymore..

Beth, I totally agree! I always look for available neighbors to hire for work before I'll go to the market. Problem is that none of them seem to want to do it recently, even those who I used to be able to count on. Sad, isn't it?
Old Jul 29 2010, 02:19 PM

Angry i hate bad behavior from workers

i hired worker to harvest only penaut and sugarcane for me and i told him do harvest only that and he harvested that and a lot of grapes that i was saving for my friend to harvest and get some later i want to be able to fire people that have bad behavior and dont want to listen to me