Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 07 2022, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
Hi,

I like to know what security policies. had to be implemented that wasn't what caused FB to shut down the game Also stated one vulnerability was pending So what was the vulnerability issue? I think as players we have the right to know Guess what it has been 48 hours already, Has FB provided any update to FT developers?
Hi Nettie,
I am sorry, but the developers are not going to get into the details as 99.9% of us would not have a clue what they were talking about. Suffice it to say that Facebook had a list of required changes for all apps to make to their programming to enhance the security of Facebook and the apps. Which one of the requirements that was not completed correctly according to Facebook on time doesn't matter, just that they deactivated several apps because they did not finish to Facebook's satisfaction in the time alloted to do it. The developers have to program the required changes into the game without disrupting the game or causing functions in the game to fail. They have done that.

They have completed this and are still waiting for Facebook to respond. As far as we know Facebook still has not responded yet. Hopefully they will respond today and get us back to playing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 07 2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Nettie,
I am sorry, but the developers are not going to get into the details as 99.9% of us would not have a clue what they were talking about. Suffice it to say that Facebook had a list of required changes for all apps to make to their programming to enhance the security of Facebook and the apps. Which one of the requirements that was not completed correctly according to Facebook on time doesn't matter, just that they deactivated several apps because they did not finish to Facebook's satisfaction in the time alloted to do it. The developers have to program the required changes into the game without disrupting the game or causing functions in the game to fail. They have done that.

They have completed this and are still waiting for Facebook to respond. As far as we know Facebook still has not responded yet. Hopefully they will respond today and get us back to playing.
This does not mean that many will have a clue as to what the vulnerability was. If it has anything to do with the security of personal info yes we have the right to know. if it is because people can hack into the game and obtain personal info, yes, we have the right to know. FT should have migrated to another platform away from FB. I guess we will see what happens. I don't see this resolved anytime soon do you? FB is never quick on getting on to things FB has had a lot of security vulnerabilities In 2022 there have been 3 vulnerabilities in Facebook with an average score of 7.6 out of ten. Last year Facebook had 25 security vulnerabilities In 2018 50 million people's accounts were breached, SO because of this and the transfer from Flash to the new system I question now if the code security was also updated. "Facebook gets warning from Oversight board to upgrade security and protect users from 'Doxing'" so if FB(Meta) was warned and had to upgrade It goes down to those using the system Correct? Using a public platform for anything either to meet new friends, keep in touch with family, play games etc we as users should be guaranteed safety
Old Oct 07 2022, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
This does not mean that many will have a clue as to what the vulnerability was. If it has anything to do with the security of personal info yes we have the right to know. if it is because people can hack into the game and obtain personal info, yes, we have the right to know. FT should have migrated to another platform away from FB. I guess we will see what happens. I don't see this resolved anytime soon do you? FB is never quick on getting on to things FB has had a lot of security vulnerabilities In 2022 there have been 3 vulnerabilities in Facebook with an average score of 7.6 out of ten. Last year Facebook had 25 security vulnerabilities In 2018 50 million people's accounts were breached, SO because of this and the transfer from Flash to the new system I question now if the code security was also updated. "Facebook gets warning from Oversight board to upgrade security and protect users from 'Doxing'" so if FB(Meta) was warned and had to upgrade It goes down to those using the system Correct? Using a public platform for anything either to meet new friends, keep in touch with family, play games etc we as users should be guaranteed safety
Hi Nettie,
You would have to ask Facebook what updates they required from the apps. It was not something that Farm Town initiated nor are the developers going to explain any of it here. We do not have any information on what specifically they had to make changes in.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 07 2022, 10:36 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Nettie,
You would have to ask Facebook what updates they required from the apps. It was not something that Farm Town initiated nor are the developers going to explain any of it here. We do not have any information on what specifically they had to make changes in.
I have sent an email to FB and your comment " It was not something that Farm Town initiated nor are the developers going to explain any of it here." I guess you should not be speaking on their behalf If FT is in breach of something do you not think it should be disclosed? Either way, always someone hiding behind the fence so to speak Have a fantastic weekend
Old Oct 07 2022, 01:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
i have to agree with taz if it is a security thing we do NOT need to know unless it is personal ... by telling us what the security problem is/was it then leaves it open for people to try and breech whatever they put in place ... as for using a public platform it is only as safe as the steps YOU take to protect YOURSELF
Old Oct 07 2022, 01:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Support FarmTown Appeal to Facebook to reactivate

Inspired by another FT Farmer, I decided to look for a way to ask FaceBook to finish the review.

If enough of us write to FaceBook through the proper channel, we might get them to complete the review quicker.

So on the top right of your page, click on your litle profile picture.
From the dropdown list, click on GIVE FEEDBACK

Click on Something Went Wrong

Click on the little down arrow to the right of the words "Choose and Area" From the list, click GAMING

In Details I wrote the following - you are welcome to copy and paste.... but please don't be abusive - you catch way more wasps with jam and honey than you do with vinegar!

Please complete your review of Farmtown published by Slashkey. Slashkey report they have completed the work needed and have applied/appealed to FaceBook to review the work.

FaceBook state that the review should be complete within 48 hours. Unfortunately Facebook have not completed the review within this time. Please ask the team who are reviewing Farmtown to update Slashkey on how long the review will take. Thank you.

Hopefully FB will reinstate FT when they realise that FT Fans are nice people and care about the game.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 07 2022, 01:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Inspired by another FT Farmer, I decided to look for a way to ask FaceBook to finish the review.

If enough of us write to FaceBook through the proper channel, we might get them to complete the review quicker.

Click on the little down arrow to the right of the words "Choose and Area" From the list, click GAMING

In Details I wrote the following - you are welcome to copy and paste.... but please don't be abusive - you catch way more wasps with jam and honey than you do with vinegar!

Please complete your review of Farmtown published by Slashkey. Slashkey report they have completed the work needed and have applied/appealed to FaceBook to review the work.

FaceBook state that the review should be complete within 48 hours. Unfortunately Facebook have not completed the review within this time. Please ask the team who are reviewing Farmtown to update Slashkey on how long the review will take. Thank you.

Hopefully FB will reinstate FT when they realise that FT Fans are nice people and care about the game.

MODERATORS How will Farmers see this if you bury it in the official thread?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 07 2022, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
MODERATORS How will Farmers see this if you bury it in the official thread?
Hi NooNoo,

Believe me they will see it as everyone is watching this thread. As well as Facebook listens to all of us I am not sure this is going to help at all.

I am sorry but we try to keep the forums organized so posts can be found, so do not leave individual posts any longer than necessary.
Old Oct 10 2022, 08:43 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:

Done. Hope it helps.
Old Oct 07 2022, 01:24 PM

Thing is, we're all guests of Facebook and all they offer here. Unfortunately, as guests, we're subject to whatever Facebook throws at us. We don't pay a cent to play and use this platform. We have choices, we can endure and find another hobby while we wait for Facebook to get off their backsides and reactivate the game, or give up and leave Facebook in search for another platform that isn't as glitchy. Facebook isn't hurting for our money (they have huge donors that spam us to death for that), our likes or loves or our misery. They are a faceless large company making millions and couldn't care less how we feel about what they're doing. It is what it is. I like Farm Town, I like Facebook for the most part, I'm just not losing sleep over whatever is up Facebook's backside or what Facebook's temper tantrum of the day is.

Tags
cannot load game, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error