Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 15 2010, 01:30 PM

1. The complains about the avatar been slow for some users when working for others should be now much less frequent or none at all, these should be noticeable mostly by users with slower computers.

Not so for this poor computer. with 170Ghz processor and 1Gb of RAM, my avatar still moves at a sluggardly pace. i have found the best fix is to save everything when done, go to the inn and come back to my farm to find all the plowing/planting etc. finished.

P.S. Why isn't the link to my farm showing up? My account is linked, but it doesn't indicate it in my messages.

Use the Forum Search to Find Your Topic
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...236&farm_ix=21

Last edited by Ike8266; Jan 15 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added a post script
Old Jan 15 2010, 01:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic The Hick View Post
I know this isn't the right place for this, but I've seached everywhere and can't find this issue anywhere. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to stop those annoying pop-ups, the ones that ask if you want to take a break and send gifts, or from a neighbor asking if you want to go help on thier farm?

I'm trying to rearrange things and have to continually stop to click off those stupid messages. If anyone knows how to stop them , I would be so grateful!!
Thanks!
I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.
Old Jan 15 2010, 02:13 PM

Will there ever come a time when there will be more levels.....Those of us who have reached level 60 are lost! We too need something to work for! I can only speak for myself ,but I'm lost without being able to advance.......Please think about addimg more levels. WE're all going to reach 60 at some point in time.
Old Jan 15 2010, 02:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkysmonkey View Post
Will there ever come a time when there will be more levels.....Those of us who have reached level 60 are lost! We too need something to work for! I can only speak for myself ,but I'm lost without being able to advance.......Please think about addimg more levels. WE're all going to reach 60 at some point in time.
I know right now the devs are focusing on the glitches....if you are bored at level 60 you can redesign your farm(s), try to get as much xp as you can, mentor a new farm, etc. The list goes on! Great ideas in the social forum. It's not over at level 60 if you think about that way, it could be just the beginning
Old Jan 15 2010, 03:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Been on level 60 since the day we got level 60, and now i´m really bored. All my friends have quit playing this game a long time ago, but I like so I had stayed, but now....
everyday when i log in i really hope that something have happen, new things, new features or maybe a chance 2 expand.... but nothing. Its so boring now that I´m really thinking of give up and move "to a better farm"
I know that this game is "free" and that U do the best U can 2 develep it but it seems like U dont take our comments seriously or answer our questions....

I really like this game, and I think that you all are doing a great job with it, but something has to happen .....
Old Jan 15 2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat! View Post
seems like U dont take our comments seriously or answer our questions....

you must not visit the forum much. this is one of the few games that listen's to its players when it comes to upgrades and fixing things. just because they have allot on there plate and cant give us everything everyone wants the second they ask doesnt mean they are not listening. the mod's also do a great job answering everyone questions and helping they are the ones in direct contact with the developers and send them threads form the forum (official threads)
Old Jan 15 2010, 04:21 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momi4nine View Post
PLEASE HELP with painfully slow harvest and plow. People seem to be doing circles around me. My avatar is speedy...but it takes 20 minutes for the coins to drop and the XP to catch up. What the heck???
I have done all the upgrades, cleanings, updates of flash....etc.....and still sooooo sllllooooooowwwwww. People are really annoyed with such slow speeds. I just wanna harvest and plow with the best of them. We have satillite internet through wildblue and I am WF60
thanks
I also have satellite through wildblue and am WF 2 with the same problems mentioned above. (I no longer harvest or plow through hires at the marketplace). However, using a T1 line at work isn't the answer but rather a different problem. On the T1 if there is more than 1 worker the pauses and stutters are difficult to work around and the avatar is stuck in mud (slow). I have also experienced time outs and being kicked off the farms.

Thanks for your work with this project.
Old Jan 15 2010, 04:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
you must not visit the forum much. this is one of the few games that listen's to its players when it comes to upgrades and fixing things. just because they have allot on there plate and cant give us everything everyone wants the second they ask doesnt mean they are not listening. the mod's also do a great job answering everyone questions and helping they are the ones in direct contact with the developers and send them threads form the forum (official threads)
You are right I dont visit the forum much but when I do I read everything here since my last visit, and everytime I´m here I c the same questions and the same comments and I dont c so many answers,
And maybe its my bad english, (i´m not englishspeaking) but I did write that I like this game and that they are doing a great job with it, and I really didnt write that they should give us everything that we want the second we ask for it, but some of the things people ask for they have been asking about forever....
And I think that they dont update the things so often, If you havent noticed : we can still send christmasthings 2 our friends.
Old Jan 15 2010, 05:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat! View Post
You are right I dont visit the forum much but when I do I read everything here since my last visit, and everytime I´m here I c the same questions and the same comments and I dont c so many answers,
And maybe its my bad english, (i´m not englishspeaking) but I did write that I like this game and that they are doing a great job with it, and I really didnt write that they should give us everything that we want the second we ask for it, but some of the things people ask for they have been asking about forever....
And I think that they dont update the things so often, If you havent noticed : we can still send christmasthings 2 our friends.
The devs are busy fixing the glitches. I am sure they will remove the Christmas tab when they have the time
Old Jan 15 2010, 08:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
The devs are busy fixing the glitches. I am sure they will remove the Christmas tab when they have the time
Geesh, I could care less about the Christmas decorations being there myself lol. I just want to be able to play the game without the connection to the server timing out, and being able to plow another persons farm from the Market Place after I harvest without their farm trying to load me to plow and not going anywhere.
I think part of the frustration with many of us is, that we just went through quite some time on us not getting our cash and xp's, and now this loading issue turns up since the fix. I have already been booted out of so many farms and frozen with IE or Firefox not closing to where I have to shut down my computer that I'm getting used to the problems. At least I can still harvest my own farm and plow it, and my daughters farm. I'm still leveling up one way or the other lol. It will be nice though when this is fixed :- )
Closed Thread