Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Mar 26 2015, 08:44 AM
Account Not Linked

I checked the "quest farms" box for most of my 25 farms. Now I'm not getting all the products from my farms when I hit "harvest all" in my facility mngr. I want to uncheck those farms but I can't find it. At 72 my short term memory is broken. Could someone tell me how to get back to where I can un-check those boxes?
Old Mar 26 2015, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdicki8662@aol.com View Post
I checked the "quest farms" box for most of my 25 farms. Now I'm not getting all the products from my farms when I hit "harvest all" in my facility mngr. I want to uncheck those farms but I can't find it. At 72 my short term memory is broken. Could someone tell me how to get back to where I can un-check those boxes?
Hi jdicki,
Go to each of those farms and click on the farm name. The option whether to make them a quest farm or not is in that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2015, 12:09 PM

Even with the facility manager it takes me nearly 2 hrs so I really don't save any time doing it that way.
Old Mar 26 2015, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

I am closing this thread as it will become a complaining thread for anything. We have threads for specific feedback about various areas of the games for your feedback.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 28 2015, 11:20 AM

Default Why did you stop playing FT

I have been playing FT for many years and then a little over a year or so ago stopped playing as it all became too much to keep up with. After more than a year's hiatus I was asked by one neighbor to send her certain gifts and I started playing again. But it's very confusing. Where are the basic instructions on how to play the game and optimize one's work efforts? I've searched through threads and can't find any. For example how does one work neighbor's facilities? Or has that feature been removed?
I find the quests difficult to understand as one's neighbors rarely have the same quests running at the same time I have mine going, plus one is given quests that are impossible to complete as one is not yet on a level to have the specific facility that is required to complete the quest... it is locked for a higher level.
Trying to work at other player's farms can be a nightmare with how slowly the game loads larger farms (I have only FT active when working). So many players now have big tools that those players that don't have them don't stand a chance of working on farms where multiple players are hired for the same job.
There seems to be little Farmtown friendly "etiquette" from many players who rarely say thank you when hired to work and others that use their huge tools taking all of the work from a co-player even when that player moves to another farm they will follow and take the majority of the work and not share.
The time involvement on a daily basis is huge - 2 or more hours to complete simple tasks and accept a couple of jobs to level up - most days it's closer to 3 hours.
There is sticker shock to see how expensive leveling up a farm has become beyond 18 X 18 and some of the level ups are completely out of reach to the novice player.
These are a few of the reasons that players become disillusioned with this game which was initially very enjoyable and a wonderful social interaction. Many former neighbors no longer play and they were in the 200+ levels... those are committed players that are now lost to the game. It seems the only way one can forge ahead is to spend "real money" to buy farm cash or to have multiple farms on their account to help themselves out. I wonder if that was the game designer's original intent?
Can the Forum mods please consider having a new player section with specific titles of different game functions - this could be a "no post" area just an instruction area. I tried looking through many threads but couldn't find this. Thanks mods.
Old Mar 28 2015, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapergal View Post
I have been playing FT for many years and then a little over a year or so ago stopped playing as it all became too much to keep up with. After more than a year's hiatus I was asked by one neighbor to send her certain gifts and I started playing again. But it's very confusing. Where are the basic instructions on how to play the game and optimize one's work efforts? I've searched through threads and can't find any. For example how does one work neighbor's facilities? Or has that feature been removed?
I find the quests difficult to understand as one's neighbors rarely have the same quests running at the same time I have mine going, plus one is given quests that are impossible to complete as one is not yet on a level to have the specific facility that is required to complete the quest... it is locked for a higher level.
Trying to work at other player's farms can be a nightmare with how slowly the game loads larger farms (I have only FT active when working). So many players now have big tools that those players that don't have them don't stand a chance of working on farms where multiple players are hired for the same job.
There seems to be little Farmtown friendly "etiquette" from many players who rarely say thank you when hired to work and others that use their huge tools taking all of the work from a co-player even when that player moves to another farm they will follow and take the majority of the work and not share.
The time involvement on a daily basis is huge - 2 or more hours to complete simple tasks and accept a couple of jobs to level up - most days it's closer to 3 hours.
There is sticker shock to see how expensive leveling up a farm has become beyond 18 X 18 and some of the level ups are completely out of reach to the novice player.
These are a few of the reasons that players become disillusioned with this game which was initially very enjoyable and a wonderful social interaction. Many former neighbors no longer play and they were in the 200+ levels... those are committed players that are now lost to the game. It seems the only way one can forge ahead is to spend "real money" to buy farm cash or to have multiple farms on their account to help themselves out. I wonder if that was the game designer's original intent?
Can the Forum mods please consider having a new player section with specific titles of different game functions - this could be a "no post" area just an instruction area. I tried looking through many threads but couldn't find this. Thanks mods.
Hi scrapergal,
To answer your question about a new player section with specific titles of game functions we already have that. It is called the Game Guide.
To work a neighbor's facilities you click on the text of their post in your newsfeed. That takes you to their farm and a pop-up asks you to work them.
In order for the game to continue and the developers to provide the servers for us to play then someone has to spend real cash to get premium items. If no one does that then the game would not be here to play. It does cost money to provide the development of the game and to pay for the servers.
For the co-op quests you can do a couple things. You can add more neighbors that do the quests. We also have a thread where you can find others that have posted their quests you can use to help yourself and them. The thread is in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605174
For working on other's farms when hired, many farmers now allow you to use their bigger tools and even fuel if you run out, so that inequality you are talking about is not near as bad as it used to be.
Old Mar 28 2015, 05:19 PM

Default Neighbor cap?

I have a few hundred neighbors. I have been playing on and off for many years. I have several new people that wanted to join me and can't for some reason Farm town will not allow me to send out neighbor requests. Why is that?
Old Mar 28 2015, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldog70 View Post
I have a few hundred neighbors. I have been playing on and off for many years. I have several new people that wanted to join me and can't for some reason Farm town will not allow me to send out neighbor requests. Why is that?
Hi ldog,
You have 100 neighbors according to your data.
The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length. so it can vary from 80 to 110. depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

When you reach your limit of neighbors 1 of 2 things will happen. Either when you add a new neighbor 1 of your current neighbors will drop off your list. Or when you try to send a request the request will not be sent and the box will not change to yellow background.
Old Mar 31 2015, 07:53 PM

Default Facebook strikes again

It looks like Facebook has just rolled out some new changes to our home page. In the left column under games, Farm Town is no longer right there. In order to find Farm Town one must click on apps and then look for the Farm Town choice. The choices are not even in alphabetical order and the order varies from time to time. Farm Town is the only game that I have consistently played since its inception in 2009, and I find games listed under apps that I have NEVER played. I am well aware that this change comes from FB not Slashkey. Does Slashkey have ZERO influence on how FB treats it? As I understand it, Farm Town/Slashkey provides customers for Facebook, yet Facebook keeps on making things difficult for Farm Town. PS, I have sent a complaint to Facebook, but from past experience do not expect any response from them. PPS It might not be a bad idea to have others complain to FB about this issue as well
Old Mar 31 2015, 08:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

click on the little wheel icon, edit and add it to favourites...and remove anything from favourites that can be listed elsewhere..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity