Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 15 2010, 11:23 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I know this isn't the right place for this, but I've seached everywhere and can't find this issue anywhere. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to stop those annoying pop-ups, the ones that ask if you want to take a break and send gifts, or from a neighbor asking if you want to go help on thier farm?

I'm trying to rearrange things and have to continually stop to click off those stupid messages. If anyone knows how to stop them , I would be so grateful!!
Thanks!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 15 2010, 11:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic The Hick View Post
I know this isn't the right place for this, but I've seached everywhere and can't find this issue anywhere. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to stop those annoying pop-ups, the ones that ask if you want to take a break and send gifts, or from a neighbor asking if you want to go help on thier farm?

I'm trying to rearrange things and have to continually stop to click off those stupid messages. If anyone knows how to stop them , I would be so grateful!!
Thanks!
You can't stop them, but usually clicking the x in the top right corner of those messages slows them down. Some said that working offline can sometimes help but they still appear.
Old Jan 15 2010, 12:40 PM

PLEASE HELP with painfully slow harvest and plow. People seem to be doing circles around me. My avatar is speedy...but it takes 20 minutes for the coins to drop and the XP to catch up. What the heck???
I have done all the upgrades, cleanings, updates of flash....etc.....and still sooooo sllllooooooowwwwww. People are really annoyed with such slow speeds. I just wanna harvest and plow with the best of them. We have satillite internet through wildblue and I am WF60
thanks
Old Jan 15 2010, 04:21 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momi4nine View Post
PLEASE HELP with painfully slow harvest and plow. People seem to be doing circles around me. My avatar is speedy...but it takes 20 minutes for the coins to drop and the XP to catch up. What the heck???
I have done all the upgrades, cleanings, updates of flash....etc.....and still sooooo sllllooooooowwwwww. People are really annoyed with such slow speeds. I just wanna harvest and plow with the best of them. We have satillite internet through wildblue and I am WF60
thanks
I also have satellite through wildblue and am WF 2 with the same problems mentioned above. (I no longer harvest or plow through hires at the marketplace). However, using a T1 line at work isn't the answer but rather a different problem. On the T1 if there is more than 1 worker the pauses and stutters are difficult to work around and the avatar is stuck in mud (slow). I have also experienced time outs and being kicked off the farms.

Thanks for your work with this project.
Old Jan 17 2010, 10:39 AM

I have been observing the speed of harvesting versus plowing. I notice that when harvesting the coins definately count faster and I can be done in better time. However the plowing is still extremely slow in counting the coins. I really dislike the fact that the progress bars on the plots no longer show so we can see what we are doing. At this point we can't see where we are working. Can this be fixed? I have noticed in the past two days that I have been on WF11, WF12, WF13 WF26 and WF46. There is no improvement between any of them for the plowing issue.
Old Jan 15 2010, 01:36 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic The Hick View Post

Thanks!
I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.
Old Jan 16 2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpinnana View Post
I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.
I'm afraid I agree with this - I DO send gifts, and I DO tend to neighbours. I guess others need a reminder, but IT DRIVES ME NUTS !!!!!!!
Old Jan 07 2010, 09:58 PM

Thanks for trying but it's still just as slow as it ever was for me. Guess I'm just doomed to slow save/server timing out h e double hockey sticks. Oh how I miss the days when the points and coins would soar out of my avitars head. ;o(

p.s. this is on Myspace WMF 1.. haven't tried it on Facebook yet.

Last edited by MandyW; Jan 07 2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old Jan 07 2010, 10:16 PM

same ole same oh fr me as well WF22 fb user
Old Jan 07 2010, 10:38 PM

Yep sucks on facebook too. WF 50. I've mentioned this before but I don't know if anyone paid attention to it or even if it's got anything to do with it.. but I've noticed when things start to slow way down, and I go to reload I have to log back in to FB or MS (whichever one I'm on at the time) first even if I've checked on FB to keep me logged in. I don't think MS has that option.
Closed Thread