TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT FARMTOWN
1. Flash animations, like those used in Farm Town, have a tendency to frequently time out on a dial up connection. Flash occupies a lot of your internet bandwidth and may cause Farm Town to take a long time to load. Hence, you will almost always have issues with dial-up.
2. The more you add to your farm the riskier it will become for people at lower levels of RAM. Anyone with 2GB of RAM for XP or OSX and 3-4 for Vista should be fine on most farms.
3. It has also become apparent that, the more animals, overlaps and green hedges you have on your farm, the more problems this will create because of the amount of flash required. Other farmers entering your farm may find it extremely difficult to walk around and harvest for you as it will slow down their Avatars.
4. Regular computer maintenance is very important for Farm Town to work properly. JayG provided a great Computer Hygiene thread. Cleaning your Cache is crucial on the minimum of once daily.
U00 & CANT CONNECT TO MAINFRAME
SYMPTOMS: Cannot see others in the market, chat messages not coming through
REASON: the MPS (Media Processing Server?) is overloaded
WORKAROUND: None advised.
SOLUTION: Clicking the green ok and you should reconnect, unless the server is under extreme strain. Firewalls & routers may also be blocking your connection.
REASON: DB or WEB servers are overloaded or your internet connection has failed
WORKAROUND: None advised.
SOLUTION: Clicking the green ok and you should reconnect, unless the server is under extreme strain. Firewalls & routers may need to be reset.
REASON: #1 reason is people try to go faster than their current connection can handle. Slow internet connections, low memory pc's or a minimal pc at an overloaded farm of animals and or hedges. And of course overloaded servers are an issue with this error at times as well.
1. Make sure you are waiting for coins to be added before clicking on new fields. DO NOT repeatedly click again, if it says BUSY, then it is.
2. Right click on screen, set quality to low.
3. Work from North to South or North to West
4. Turn off music, buildings, trees & flowers. Freeze animals, & Unclick follow
5. Regularly clear your Cache
6. Click SAVE and the reconnect may disappear, just be certain you are still getting paid.
7. WORK OFFLINE & If possible let the farm owner know before you do it & the owner may need to refresh to see their harvest in storage. Also I would only recommend this if you are the ONLY harvester, or the crops have been equally divided between the harvesters. (If not, then you run into issues with not receiving coins)
8. Buddy up or send farmer a note asking them to reply, so you have a way back to the farm.
REASON: This typically means that your router, firewall, or antivirus program is blocking Farm Town.
REASON: In most cases, runtime errors are actually problems in your Windows system rather than the program trying to operate and are subsequently causing the error message.
A common source of runtime errors is a corrupt registry which causes programs to malfunction. For example, the runtime error #7 which means a memory problem may not really have anything to do at all with a shortage of memory on your computer - rather is could be a problem resting in the file structure of your computer which causes your program to malfunction. Ask Nerd.net Please note that this take you off the forum to a techy site, which I find very useful.
REASON: X025 is the nastiest error ever hit. More than most, X025 seems to relate to issues communicating over the Internet you usually get it when your ISP decides you have been online too long and disconnects. Therefore you need to minimize the amount of Internet traffic to and from your computer.
WORK AROUND: None
Tips to minimize these errors:
1. Do not run other applications while playing FT, especially if they access the Internet. CLOSE your email program. Don't run chat programs (except maybe Facebook's chat feature). Do not run more than one browser window. Don't try to download files in the background. Don't even try to play music stored on your hard drive! As far as possible FT must be the only thing your computer is doing.
2. If your browser uses tabs, do not have more than one tab (your FT tab) open at a time. Running multiple tabs is less risky than running multiple browser windows, but every tab uses memory and bandwidth. It's tempting to read the forum or surf while your avatar sits in the Marketplace, but if you do you risk a connection error.
3. (The advanced option.) Close down unnecessary "services" and processes, where you can identify them, especially if they like to talk to some home base across the Internet A lot of programs (FTP, Messenger, etc) like to run a little "stub" in the background so that when you open them they open faster; but everything uses memory and bandwidth. The more RAM and bandwidth that is used by such wasters, the less is available for Flash (Farm Town uses Flash); and once FT starts using virtual memory (your hard drive) an error is often not far away.
4. Things not to close unless really, really desperate: firewall, antivirus and antispyware.
REASON: This seems to be 100% server related.
WORKAROUNDS: Try connecting through your neighbors to access a different server.
STUCK ON LOADING USER
REASON: Sometimes it's as simple as clearing your Cache, but other times it is more complicated.
The developers have stated the following are possible reasons:
Double stacked plots
Stacked items such as trees planted over fields
A large number of hedges
An antivirus or firewall program blocking some part of Farm Town from loading.
WORKAROUND: Farm town won't Load
ASSERT IN LSP
REASON: Error in Google Desktop application.
WORKAROUND: Disable Google Desktop.
The moderation team would like to thank Snappy Dungarees for gathering all of this information into one place. Without her help this post would not be possible.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1239357450 This is a link to my farm.
To assist the moderation team please DO NOT name your threads.........HELP, or I HAVE A QUESTION or any variation thereof. Please name your thread with a short description of your problem.
Please add a manual link to your farm using these instructions http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395854
Last edited by ellshere; Oct 07 2009 at 12:50 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|