Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 15 2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikas3 View Post
While I think most of the changes are good I do not believe this one is

50 x Chocolate Liquor gifts???

A lot of us paid hard earned cash for that factory, and now you are handing them out free so we got shafted our money to have the privilege of having the chocolate?
I'd like a refund back on that Choclate Factory
They're handing out free chocolate liquor IF you can get your neighbors to gift it to you - if I hadn't bought the factory, I'd never have any chocolate liquor. Unfortunately, my neighbors - as nice as they may be - tend to pick one gift for all, despite requests for specific items. So I think we need both options.
Old Apr 15 2010, 06:52 PM

Default Server dropping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with these new features/fixes:

More Pizzas:
Pepperoni Pizza ( get pepperoni as gift from friends )
Ham Pizza ( get ham as gift from friends )
Hawaian Pizza ( get ham as gift from friends )

Publish to wall to get these gifts is just an option, not required.

More Juices:
Tomato Juice
Cranberry Juice

New Icecream Factory (in coins)
Chocolate Ice cream
Strawberry Ice cream
Coffee Ice cream ( for now, get ground coffee as gift from friends )
Mango Ice cream
Pineapple Ice cream
Coconut Ice cream

You can now send several ingredients to your friends for them to use in their facilities, which includes eggs, milk, chocolate liquor, ham, pepperoni, sugar, flour and boxes with different fruits (already harvested).

Several items on the gift page were moved to the store.

Increased productivity of the Chocolate Liquor Facility, it produces now 40 Units per hour instead of 20.

Each Fuel tank you receive as gift now provides you with 300 Fuel units instead of 100.

When you send flowers as gifts to friends they comes now in batches of 5.

The Crops and Trees sections on the store now shows the level at which the crop or tree is unlocked.

We are now showing the Unit Price (as well as the Batch Price) for each product on the facility window to avoid some confusion.

Some users were unable to receive gifts because their gift box was full, we now added a notification message when this happens, so users can go and use or sell some gifts to free some space. The gift box can hold about 100 gifs.

Thanks

Enjoy!

--Raul
Thanks for the update mate, great job, everyting seems to be working really well. I have a problem that my server is dropping out and all the work I do on farms is not being seen by the farmer im working for. How do i fix this very irratating problem any help would appreciated.
Old Apr 15 2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock55 View Post
Thanks for the update mate, great job, everyting seems to be working really well. I have a problem that my server is dropping out and all the work I do on farms is not being seen by the farmer im working for. How do i fix this very irratating problem any help would appreciated.
Hi there What do you mean "dropping out". Are you getting coins when you work for people? Make sure that your cache is being cleared regularly and that your flashplayer is up to date.
Old Apr 16 2010, 12:35 AM

We need a textile mill for the cotton, llama and sheep wool harvests. Incorporate the herbs, artichokes and bell peppers into the pizzas (veggie/supreme). Is there a way to make cranberries giftable? Out of 30 friends, i think only one is over level 73, and I don't think she grows cranberries.

Thanks, Raul, devs, for making FT new for me again! I am really enjoying the new changes!
Old Apr 16 2010, 07:52 AM

can't see people in marketplace and when trying to hire neighbors, they sometimes cannot be seen when they visit my farms. we refresh, skip from farm to farm and try everything, and this is soooo frustrating. as last resort, i shut down farm town and facebook and reopen everything ... sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't ... hope that can be fixed because it ruins the fun the game is supposed to give us
Old Apr 16 2010, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Gift Box full, but nothing in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

Try clearing your cache.
I've cleared the cache, downloaded an updated version of flash, rebooted... even tried a different browser (that had never been used for FB/FT), no luck. Still tells me the gift box is full, but there's nothing there when I open it.
Old Apr 16 2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoledra View Post
I've cleared the cache, downloaded an updated version of flash, rebooted... even tried a different browser (that had never been used for FB/FT), no luck. Still tells me the gift box is full, but there's nothing there when I open it.
I don't know if this will help, but I've cleaned up your farm data.

For future reference, your farm ID is 1183414437 so you need to change your link.
Old Apr 16 2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
This is a sea change for the factories, and its not a positive one. let me explain:

When the factories first started up, they encouraged you to grow crops which were not the most profitable for their maturity - i.e. blueberries, onions, tomatoes. This was an excellent future indicator as it provided choices and variety- an increased depth of gameplay.

With the additions to the juice factory, the ice cream factory and the pizza factory, the emphasis is back onto producing pineapples for all three plants to make the most money...and pineapples were already the most profitable crop before the factories existed.

The temporary diverse marketplace dynamic is coming to an end, soon all the maximized farms will be just pineapples cows and the occasional sugar rotation.

Slashkey- I would love to help you with this. I have a master's in economics of competitive simulations and I would enjoy helping out for just portfolio building. I can be contacted via PM's, and I'll send in resumee material within the week as well.
palantir, i read the entire thread and didn't see anyone reply to your post. i think you make a very good point.... i stopped playing for a long time because i didn't see the point of planting anything but pineapples and sage (the most profitable 1-day crop at the time). so i was thrilled when they introduced the factories that encouraged planting varied crops. but the thing is, i suspect most people (at least the higher level-ed people) don't really care too much about "profit" anymore, and end up just planting what they like. people who are at high levels probably have millions of coins saved up with not enough things to spend it on anyway.

but i like the way you think

can you spot all the references to the tv show lost?!
Old Apr 16 2010, 10:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
This is a sea change for the factories, and its not a positive one. let me explain:

When the factories first started up, they encouraged you to grow crops which were not the most profitable for their maturity - i.e. blueberries, onions, tomatoes. This was an excellent future indicator as it provided choices and variety- an increased depth of gameplay.

With the additions to the juice factory, the ice cream factory and the pizza factory, the emphasis is back onto producing pineapples for all three plants to make the most money...and pineapples were already the most profitable crop before the factories existed.

The temporary diverse marketplace dynamic is coming to an end, soon all the maximized farms will be just pineapples cows and the occasional sugar rotation.

Slashkey- I would love to help you with this. I have a master's in economics of competitive simulations and I would enjoy helping out for just portfolio building. I can be contacted via PM's, and I'll send in resumee material within the week as well.
Pineapples where never the most profitable crop out there it was raspberries. If you just want to look at 3 day crops rosemary was more profitable then pineapples. You make 3 more coins form rosemary then you do for pineapples. Now as for the facilities yes they may make pineapples more profitable but they are not the only big money maker out there. Also I can only speak for my self but I have always planted whatever crop caught my eye when planting. Once you get several million coins, the coins don't matter that much and you plant what crops you like to plant.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by JAS0643; Apr 16 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old Apr 16 2010, 10:58 AM

I love all the new facilities and am having a blast playing around, moving stuff around to fit them, etc!
I have a suggestion though...more of a wish: I think it would be helpful, when you're in a facility and choosing stuff to produce, if there could be a little number showing how many you have on hand.
Say for example I'm in the juice bar and making tomato juice, but I want to make sure I hold enough back for pizza....it'd really be helpful to make sure I don't over produce the tomato juice. Does that make sense?
Anyway, love the game and thank you to all the hardworking developers!
Closed Thread