Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 13 2010, 11:07 AM

Me again.. I believe people have the right to complain about "Farm Bucks"..
It's not like they aren't making money off of a "free" game.
It's a billion dollar industry.. not to mention the "economics".. but thats another story..

I would suggest making an option for the people that are on Level 80 to be able to pay Bucks or Coins for the facilities..
Seriously... I have a lot of time invested on my farms, and I would like to have the other facilities, and I've paid Bucks for items that I really wanted in the past ....
but I'm just not going to do it again..
I don't post a lot.. but this has really become a sore topic amongst my farmin' friends..
Just another thought...

Feel free to stop by my farm anytime... folks are always welcome..

Please Stop By Anytime..

Last edited by ellshere; May 13 2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: removed external link
Old May 13 2010, 11:46 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

May 31st is Memorial Day In the USA.....it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service...... Please remember to thank a US service man/women ......FT FRiends..... Let's Decorate our farms in memory of these who paid the ultimate Sacrafice.......Yeah probably wrong place to say this LOL but a lot read this thread right now lol lol Wonder if FT will help us aquire FC to enable more of us to purchase USA Flag for our farms to commemorate this day???

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 13 2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferd View Post
Me again.. I believe people have the right to complain about "Farm Bucks"..
It's not like they aren't making money off of a "free" game.
It's a billion dollar industry.. not to mention the "economics".. but thats another story..
http://kotaku.com/5500058/why-econom...e-video-games/
I would suggest making an option for the people that are on Level 80 to be able to pay Bucks or Coins for the facilities..
Seriously... I have a lot of time invested on my farms, and I would like to have the other facilities, and I've paid Bucks for items that I really wanted in the past ....
but I'm just not going to do it again..
I don't post a lot.. but this has really become a sore topic amongst my farmin' friends..
Just another thought...

Feel free to stop by my farm anytime... folks are always welcome..

In essence you think it is OK to tell the devs how much they can make and how they go about doing it. Sorry, I simply can not agree with this.

I am only commenting because my perception of your post is that you believe they are making too much money.
Old May 13 2010, 12:36 PM
Account Not Linked

I really like the new gifting feature. My aunt stopped playing the game back when level 34 was the highest you could go. She's level 80, even though she hasnt been playing, and she just sent me all of the farm cash facilities that I didnt have with the farm cash she got for jumping to level 80. She's still got like 30 some FC she can use to buy me facilities and my brother has also stopped playing and he's got FC he can use to send me stuff, to.

I am trying to track down more of my neighbors who have stopped playing and wont use it, to get FC facilities in the future.
Old May 13 2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
In essence you think it is OK to tell the devs how much they can make and how they go about doing it. Sorry, I simply can not agree with this.

I am only commenting because my perception of your post is that you believe they are making too much money.

Not at all... there is no such thing as "too much money"... i just believe they should give thought to not charging "Real Money" for virtual goods...

Please Stop By Anytime..
Old May 13 2010, 02:54 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Leonard View Post
Not to rain on anybody's parade or throw a wrench into things, but it is against Facebook Terms of Service for an individual to maintain more than one account. Just saying...
I thought I remembered reading that when I joined FB. And since I have no other family members in the household, or living in this area (can't really count the cat), I'll scratch the idea of a second account. FT would be the only reason I even thought about it since I very much enjoy doing the scene design in FT and prefer not to just erase and start over once I've got a farm designed in a way that I find pleasing. The other FB virtual farm games? Too cartoonish and limited in what the player can really do with them. Same with the city building ones.
Thanks, Steve, for the reminder about the FB TOS.
Old May 13 2010, 03:04 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Not at all... there is no such thing as "too much money"... i just believe they should give thought to not charging "Real Money" for virtual goods...
If they didn't charge real money for some of the virtual goods, other than what advertising $$ they can pick up, there would be nothing to support their efforts. Many people pay real money for what is in effect virtual reality -- subscription to cable or satellite television and radio, purchase of DVD movies, even purchasing fictional books. Plus there are those games that some pay money to buy on CDs or to play on the Internet. So the concept of paying a few real dollars, if one can afford it from time to time, for FT land or game items isn't so out-of-line at all. At least as I'm looking at it.
Now admittedly, I don't spend real money on those other things except for the minimum cable TV package ($9.99 a month for 13 channels which includes the 3 major networks and not much else of interest), but if FT is an entertainment priority of some of us, $10 every 2 or 3 months isn't a huge luxury expenditure, plus we don't have to get all the cash facilities and items at once, so can save up for them.
Old May 13 2010, 03:06 PM

Yes, that's why 2nd or more accounts is supposed to be hush-hush.

Thank you Lucinda for telling me where the peanuts are *blushing*.

THE DEVELOPERS ARE NOT MAKING MONEY FOR VIRTUAL ITEMS. THEY ARE MAKING MONEY FOR THEIR WORK.
Old May 13 2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
i guess i should not buy my kids video games for the systems they have they should be free. as it is a virtual good
Old May 13 2010, 03:27 PM

l just noticed an add for "Facebook Credits". Does anyone know about this? ls Farm Town a part of this group of "top games"??
lt was on the right side of the page in the earn coins and cash tab!
Closed Thread