Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 17 2010, 08:56 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I bought the metal facility and even with a weeks supply of ores, can not totally fill it. I have no clue how much of the metal you need for things as I don't have the cookware facility or the toy (not sure if you need any of it for toys or not). At any rate, is there another use for Chromite ore than the metal facility? I am kind of confused on why I have so much Chromite and yet always run out of the other 2.
Hello there,
The game guide, Chapter 13, has a lot of information on what is made and used in facilities. The link to the game guide is in my signature in blue.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 18 2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hello there,
The game guide, Chapter 13, has a lot of information on what is made and used in facilities. The link to the game guide is in my signature in blue.
It doesn't answer the question of why so much chromite ore when not enough of the other ores to even fill the facility one time even though you have a 7 day supply. At least I didn't see the answer to that question there. I was kind of hoping that perhaps someone who had all the facilities would know of it being used in another one besides the metal facility.

I really cannot see why the game makes some things very hard to have enough of, and others so abundant. For example, I have no trouble keeping up with the items needed for the natural remedy facility. It has got to be my favorite facility, the only one I have 3 of in fact. The rest I only have one of, with the exception of the sawmill, which I have 2 of. I would NEVER buy 2 of some of them as I can't even fill them one time totally ever, such as the breakfast facility. Never can I keep up with sausage. It is rediculous how little I can make the items with sausage even though I wait days to even load the ones that take sausage. IF I could keep up with sausage and ham, I would go thru the trouble of collecting more geese, but as it stands now, it is pointless. I will not get 2 of any farmcash facility as something might come out I like better, and farmcash is limited, so I just simply don't load things that take sausage or ham, like I NEVER make ham pizza. I will not buy a truck for each farm in order to keep up, like I did the crude oil pump and the gold mine. I think it is something that takes away from the game having to have one on each farm in order to be able to load much at all in the facilies, but I guess each game has to have at least one negative. Perhaps someday they will come up with something similar to the manure truck to increase the yields of some of these other items as well. I guess it doesn't really matter. It is just, that silly as it may seem, there is satisfaction in loading some facilities such as the coffee and tea shop and the natural remedy, where as others, I could skip loading them for days, as they are discouraging to me.
Old Dec 18 2010, 03:09 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Re the snow ground cover, if you think that you may want it later this winter after the holidays, it probably would be a good idea not to exchange it for one of the other ground covers since it probably will not be available under the Paths/Ground covers tab in the Store. .... Hopefully it will be moved there by the developers, but so far that has not been announced.
Old Dec 18 2010, 05:31 AM

Level:
XP:

I have not got enough room for a Christmas themed farm Please Please can I have another farm ( I am on my knees begging )
before Christmas day, Cos i have promised to turn P.C. off that day.
Another couple of new facilities would be great too.
Fantastic updates uptil now though

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 18 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
It doesn't answer the question of why so much chromite ore when not enough of the other ores to even fill the facility one time even though you have a 7 day supply. At least I didn't see the answer to that question there. I was kind of hoping that perhaps someone who had all the facilities would know of it being used in another one besides the metal facility.

I really cannot see why the game makes some things very hard to have enough of, and others so abundant. For example, I have no trouble keeping up with the items needed for the natural remedy facility. It has got to be my favorite facility, the only one I have 3 of in fact. The rest I only have one of, with the exception of the sawmill, which I have 2 of. I would NEVER buy 2 of some of them as I can't even fill them one time totally ever, such as the breakfast facility. Never can I keep up with sausage. It is rediculous how little I can make the items with sausage even though I wait days to even load the ones that take sausage. IF I could keep up with sausage and ham, I would go thru the trouble of collecting more geese, but as it stands now, it is pointless. I will not get 2 of any farmcash facility as something might come out I like better, and farmcash is limited, so I just simply don't load things that take sausage or ham, like I NEVER make ham pizza. I will not buy a truck for each farm in order to keep up, like I did the crude oil pump and the gold mine. I think it is something that takes away from the game having to have one on each farm in order to be able to load much at all in the facilies, but I guess each game has to have at least one negative. Perhaps someday they will come up with something similar to the manure truck to increase the yields of some of these other items as well. I guess it doesn't really matter. It is just, that silly as it may seem, there is satisfaction in loading some facilities such as the coffee and tea shop and the natural remedy, where as others, I could skip loading them for days, as they are discouraging to me.
Currently you can make Tea Kettles in the Cookware facility and Skateboards and Scooters in the Toy factory with Stainless Steel sheets. FT is probably planning more uses for I am sure but for now those are the 3. If you ever want to know what a material can be used for, go into the Mineral Mine or any facility and click on the Question mark in the upper right corner of the item and it will show all the current uses
Hope that helps
Old Dec 18 2010, 02:01 PM

Level:
XP:

the key to having enough items to fill your facilities is to save up i had to do that with the meat flour, eggs, cheese , corn etc.... i now have enough to fill all my facilities... you have calculate and figure up how much you need to save up while not using any at all for a period of time... it really really works......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 18 2010, 08:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Default I thought you were updating in a week, that was October 3rd. Today is October 18th.

We're anxious.
Old Dec 18 2010, 08:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by patte.evans@charter.net View Post
We're anxious.
? We had an update on December 3
Old Dec 18 2010, 09:52 PM

I know this probably sounds greedy, but is there any idea when Farm 8 will be available? I need more farm ground to grow more staple goods (wheat, corn, tomatoes, etc). I love all the other improvements you've made recently. Thanks
Old Dec 18 2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levarti2 View Post
I know this probably sounds greedy, but is there any idea when Farm 8 will be available? I need more farm ground to grow more staple goods (wheat, corn, tomatoes, etc). I love all the other improvements you've made recently. Thanks
Only the developers have the answer to that one

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Closed Thread