Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 03 2024, 11:38 PM

Default Farmer Hired reports having isses with tools and farms disappearing

Tonight I hired a farmer to do all jobs on my farm. I was occupied with something and was away from my computer for quite a while. I checked on him periodically and he was very slow but was progressing through the farms. The last time I returned he had left a message that all the farms after farm 20 had "disappeared" and he could not use my log truck with chainsaw on the last farm he did. I had hired him with permission to use my tools and fuel. He was taking an extraordinarily long time doing the work that he did complete and I wondered if there was a time limit to complete jobs. He was on my farms several hours. I m[ght have been a little irritated by that but as I said I was busy in another room. I did check his progress from time to time. My user ID is 1375055654 Build No: 630
Old Aug 03 2024, 11:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessesmom113 View Post
Tonight I hired a farmer to do all jobs on my farm. I was occupied with something and was away from my computer for quite a while. I checked on him periodically and he was very slow but was progressing through the farms. The last time I returned he had left a message that all the farms after farm 20 had "disappeared" and he could not use my log truck with chainsaw on the last farm he did. I had hired him with permission to use my tools and fuel. He was taking an extraordinarily long time doing the work that he did complete and I wondered if there was a time limit to complete jobs. He was on my farms several hours. I m[ght have been a little irritated by that but as I said I was busy in another room. I did check his progress from time to time.
Hi Jessesmom,
No there isn't a time limit that we know of. If he sat without doing anything for a while he may have timed out, but all he would have to do is reconnect.
As far as the tools he may not have been able to use the log truck on that farm if there weren't any trees on that farm to chop. Any trees on that farm may have needed the shaker and he didn't understand that. He would be handed the tools needed for each farm one after the other as he completed each type of work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2024, 11:16 AM

three time today I was hired n the market and each time I was knocked off and I thought I would be asked to go back but there was NO pop up to say did I want to return to the farm to complete the work and there used to b before why has it been removed.
Old Aug 04 2024, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
three time today I was hired n the market and each time I was knocked off and I thought I would be asked to go back but there was NO pop up to say did I want to return to the farm to complete the work and there used to b before why has it been removed.
Hi Iceberg,
It has not been removed. However if you are suddenly disconnected or freeze then it doesn't know to send the pop up. The pop up works if you leave a job before it is complete and go to your own farms within 10 minutes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2024, 06:17 PM

I just harvested and plowed over 40 farms after being hired in the market. I didn't get any exp point for the plowing, just for fishing.
Your USER ID number is: 145933609079916 Build No: 630
Old Aug 04 2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjane View Post
I just harvested and plowed over 40 farms after being hired in the market. I didn't get any exp point for the plowing, just for fishing.
Your USER ID number is: 145933609079916 Build No: 630
Hi wranglerjane

When you fish, you get 100% of the selling price and also 50% of what you fish.
Then in the bonus chest you can receive some xp for fishing.

I can tell you that when you started working you had 47.843.127 XP and when you finished, you had 48.415.554 that means you got 572,427 XP

Edited to Add: I visited the farms you were working on and they are all harvested not plowed.

Last edited by marymarcel; Aug 04 2024 at 07:06 PM.
Old Aug 05 2024, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Iceberg,
It has not been removed. However if you are suddenly disconnected or freeze then it doesn't know to send the pop up. The pop up works if you leave a job before it is complete and go to your own farms within 10 minutes.
Tks Taz 4 getting back to me.
Old Aug 25 2024, 12:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Selecting Farms When Hiring

Additionally, though this may be extremely unpractical to do, I would love to have a feature that would select all the farms that have trees ready to chop.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 25 2024 at 12:50 PM. Reason: To split suggestion and to answer
Old Aug 25 2024, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMama View Post
Additionally, though this may be extremely unpractical to do, I would love to have a feature that would select all the farms that have trees ready to chop.
Hi TheBigMama,
I copied your post from suggestions to answer the second part of it.
You already have a way to select all farms that have chop trees on them. In the drop down list you have specific jobs and one of those is Hire to chop. Select that, then click on Show Work, then click the All button and that will select only those farms that have chop trees.
You can do that far any type of job you want to hire for or you can choose the Hire for multiple jobs and then select only the jobs you want them to do then again click Show Work and All to select the farms for those jobs.
Old Sep 07 2024, 07:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Angry getting hired at market place

i have gone to the marketplace for work and i think i am getting the job offers but every time the offer starts to open it closes what is going on it worked fine yesterday but the white boxes have started to open and then closed also i was preparing a ship yesterday it had 4.6 minuets per container to load after about the first 3 i started to do the 4th one got a message pop up saying it was done and when i opened it to to load the next one it said it still ha nearly 5 minuets to go what is going on i have been playing this game since 2009 and never had this before

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info